260 replies to this topic

#81 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

That press release sure had a lot of and in it.

--Eric

#82 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostWobblefoot, on 15 March 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

I didn't get into the beta, but according to the Mac forum (and as Janichsan pointed out), people are still seeing quite a few problems and performance issues.

View PostWumpus, on 15 March 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

I don't know if anyone read my Diablo 3 Beta impressions but I feel the game is very polished and I encountered no bugs or performance issues over the course of about 15 hours of gameplay. That was on my iMac though, no MBP to test. Also that article was written before the last beta update which did change some skill things around, but other than that not much was altered
I actually wasn't thinking so much of the technical side of the game (which is of course also a matter of concern) but more of all these gameplay changes of varying extent Blizzard seems to implement on the 11th hour.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#83 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostHansi, on 15 March 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Well it's going for £32.97 now. But I guess there is some bonus for ordering 22 months before release.

What is in the Collector's Edition?

* Diablo III full game.
    * Behind the scenes making of DVD.
    * Diablo III Soundtrack.
    * The Art of Diablo III book.
    * Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
          o The full games: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction come loaded on the flashdrive.
          o The soulstone USB fits into the skull as a resting place/decoration item.
    * Special digital bonus features in Blizzard games:
          o "Aesthetic Artifacts" in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael's Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash. [2]
          o World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
          o Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits

"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#84 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 March 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

Cheers, I remeber now I've seen it before, didn't want it then, don't want it now.

I recommend getting The Book of Cain instead: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1608870634/

#85 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

"Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)"
   Estimated arrival date: May 17 2012 - May 19 2012

#86 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I've already been invited to a release LAN party.. Unfortunately, I'm probably in Rome at that time.. :(

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#87 AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

It's a pity that the games cap out at four players.  It's going to put a crunch on our lunchtime gaming.

#88 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 March 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

I've already been invited to a release LAN party.. Unfortunately, I'm probably in Rome at that time.. :(
Too bad it's not the release LAN party for Rome: Total War.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#89 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostAspyrRyan, on 16 March 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

It's a pity that the games cap out at four players.  It's going to put a crunch on our lunchtime gaming.

I don't see how you guys have time for lunch with us waiting for 'Gods and Kings'.   :P
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#90 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostAspyrRyan, on 16 March 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

I find it weird that they put that maximum on the game... Can anyone think of any reasons to do that, apart from problems with scaling of monster strength? (Ie. monsters get too awesome with multiple resistances)

#91 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 March 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I find it weird that they put that maximum on the game... Can anyone think of any reasons to do that, apart from problems with scaling of monster strength? (Ie. monsters get too awesome with multiple resistances)
4 people is the standard amount for co-op in just about any game. Having played it in the Beta with 3 other people, its just the right amount of people to me. I wouldn't want 6 or 8 people running around, its too hectic and/or everyone's fighting to kill the monsters.

Also I think the monster scaling would be an issue for sure in the later acts or bosses.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#92 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Cheap pre-order here (UK): http://www.gameconne...Diablo_III.html 24.99

#93 Wobblefoot

Wobblefoot

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Steam Name:HulkPunchedThor

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

A little late, but I'll just leave this here:

Posted Image

#94 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 March 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Did somebody say...

WORLD
of

DIABLOCRAFT

macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#95 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

Well I got a while to decide on the names of the characters I create. Heck. It's important for me :)

#96 icemac

icemac

Fanatic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

It can't come soon enough! played through the beta already looks really good and i didn't encounter a single bug very smooth.
Exodeus - 100 -UD - Warlock Tarren Mill EU
Grimaulkin - 100 - BE - Rogue Tarren Mill EU
Ypsilon - 100 - Troll - Priest Stormrage EU
Celextrix - 100 - BE - Paladin Stormrage EU

Mac Pro (Nehalem) Quad 3.33 Ghz 12 GB ram Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
MacBook Pro Retina 2.3 GHz  i7 8 GB ram Geforce 560M GT 1 GB

PowerMac G5 (soon to be gaming PC case)

#97 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Having played the beta through to the Skeleton King multiple times on multiple toons I gotta say that it is not the same feel as Diablo II.

The Weeping Hollow area gives a suggestion of what it was like to play Diablo II in so far as a nice open explorable area. The area preceding the Skeleton King is like a typical underground Diablo II area - a little narrow with mobs around some corners.

But the several micro dungeons consisting of just a room or two are very different. There are regular appearances from an NPC bearing above average loot, a "Treasure" NPC, and you need to chase it, perhaps into an unexplored area and that is a nice touch.

The really big difference is that this introductory level is ultra easy. The first time you walk out of New Tristram you will be one-shotting the mobs with ease. There will be absolutely no risk of dieing if you are ranged like a Wizard or Witch Doctor. That was the big shock for me, and a total let down too I must admit.

For a melee class like the Monk, it does quick damage, at the expense of quick loss of HP. The beta does not give enough of an insight as to how later abilities will counter this damage. Damage mitigation will be ultra necessary on tougher mobs as you will not be wanting to sustain onwards dungeoning with only half health due to the risk of death from getting a couple of big hits from a surprise group of elites. Apparently the Monk gains a self heal passive afterwards. It will be needed.

The Wizard had a strange "close quarters" "always available" LEFT MOUSE talent which seemed bizarre. You'd be silly to play up close to mobs as a Wizard so after a few minutes of expermienting I said "no thanks" and went back to ranged. A positive for the Wizard is that half way through the beta you will notice a pretty obvious "rotation" for attack, in the style of WoW. Basically blast your hot key 1 and 2 if not on CD as a priority, move a bit, then right click if enough Arcane Power, otherwise left click. Rinse and repeat. To balance my comments a bit, I had hot key 1 as Frost Nova, which obviously is a melee range attack. So the Wizard for me was interesting in that your placement decisions and the decision to charge in and Forst Nova then back off provides an interesting way of fighting in a hybrid style I liked. The Wizard bears a very close look, with Skeleton King re-runs using a variety of play setups and styles.

The Skeleton King is the only real test in Beta. All classes will need to play competently to defeat him. Not play well, just not be dumb like forget that you have health potions or that a ranged class is supposed to use any CC it has and then step back into a more ranged position and that even melee needs to step back sometimes if the more powerful "right click" ability is on CD. Basic things like that.

But on the balance I am very positive that this will be a good game. And the Collectors Edition seems so cool too.

Gonna go back to the Demon Hunter now. I always like pets. I gotta decide whether to persist with that as my first character or to go for the surprise, for me at least, Wizard option.

#98 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

For any readers on the eastern side of Australia, you will be able to complete your instal download from 1am on launch day. Shops will sell boxed copies from 9am but may open earlier to facilitate queues (8am in my area) and the D3 servers are live at 5pm.

Gotta shout it out sorry. I have been waiting around a decade for this moment.

THE WAIT IS OVER! DIABLO III IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#99 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

Spoilers are also comming out already... Still 11 hours until launch here in mid Europe, yet, I already know now that there is a secret *Beeep* and *BeeeP* level!

#100 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostEric5h5, on 15 March 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

That press release sure had a lot of and in it.

--Eric
@'s what you think.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat