#41 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • Steam Name:Mister Mumbles

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Next thing you know they'll be asking for monthly subscription fees for playing a singleplayer game. :cool: I was alright with how SC2 handled things, but this is downright stupid.

Well, hello Torchlight II!
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#42 Marathon4ever

Marathon4ever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

I never thought Blizzard would be that stupid. They were always a cool company until now.

No Diablo 3 for me, then.  I had fun with Torchlight, so I guess I'll just look forward to Torchlight 2 as well.

#43 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

With the all new Diablo III art of the big D himself prominent in the promotions it is fair to say that Blizzcon will be all about DIII.

Interesting that the beta enrolment is random to the extent that a good mix of computer platforms will be represented and from these the participants will be randomly chosen. But if you attend Blizzcon then you will be guaranteed a beta key.

Since I won't be attending it was tempting to enrol once for each of my computers as they are of all vintages from recent to quite old....

-------------

Still can't work out which class to roll first.

I'll probably buy one "collectors" DIII and the rest will be digital downloads (i.e. one for each computer) to save money. Plus, can do without the clutter of yet more manuals and discs and boxes around the house.

Will be a big day in my house.

I'll try and pull in some of my WoW guildies to party online too at a later stage. Same time zone etc so will be fun. Might post a call here too for anyone on the East coast of that great land downunder. Yeah... good times again.

-------------

The AH (Auction House) for REAL money.... yeah... I'm neutral on that. One of the people in my house intends to farm gear specifically for the AH. Don't know how the equip rules of uber gear will work though. The serious money will be on the gear from BEYOND Hell mode. But can a lowbie character equip uber gear? It shouldn't be possible unless the gear scales with level. Like WoW heirloom. That might work. Dunno.

#44 Tesseract

Tesseract

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3492 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

Wow. Success hides problems, and it looks like Blizzard's money-printing operations are covering up some doozies.

#45 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

The beta has already started for family and employes - Which means that public beta should be just around the corner.

Personally I'll probably also play more with a single character (Of which I have yet to decide on), to earn some $$$.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#46 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

Initial beta testers will be from North America I have learnt. Oh well. So close and yet so far away.

#47 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15664 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

View Postcleansanchez, on 08 September 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Initial beta testers will be from North America I have learnt. Oh well. So close and yet so far away.
Immigrate.  We need people to do the jobs the Mexicans refuse to do.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#48 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:37 AM

I swear I wet myself laughing when I read that one BC.....

-----------

Out of all the recent announcements about D3, and there have been a ton of them, the standout for me was the WoW announcement that D3 would be (conditionally) free for WoW subscribers.

So I have read all the neg press about WoW showing its age. And D3 is due soon and it cuts across the same target audience as WoW. Heck Blizzard must be worried. Simple economics. Cost of a D3 seat against the loss of many months worth of WoW subs... make good economic sense to protect the WoW subscriber base.

-----------

Just Loooooooove the constant little references by Blizz themselves to colourful rainbows in D3. I was an active and very vocal participant in that debate amongst D2 die-hards - how some claim D3 looks too pretty and cute like WoW and doesn't look dark enough. Blizz didn't disappoint at Blizzcon in this respect. One piece of artwok Blizz used, to discuss whatever in D3,  was the very same artwork used by the D2 protagonists. Someone at Blizz just loves to tease those poor demented fools. I say bring on the rainbows and make them pretty. D3 must look like My Little Pony!

-----------

The use of runes in D3 at the moment seems to force us to make some really hard choices. That is a good thing. We want lots of varied builds, surely? Cookie cutter builds can't be good for the game.

#49 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Location:Somewhere between the computer, the fridge and the nursery

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

So, I just got invited to join the Diablo 3 beta test but the whole thing feels a little... phishy... to me. Here is the body of the email:

Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:
* Battle.account name:
* Password:
* E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

I dunno, the whole thing feels fake. What do you guys think?

#50 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Fake.  Among other things, if that's a copy&paste, then Blizzard has enough $$ to hire copy editors and put out professional emails.

--Eric

#51 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2655 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

It it was actually Blizz they would never ask for your password. All they would need would be either your Battle.net name, or just the email you used to create the account.

Also, I heard about some D3 scam goin around, I guess this is it
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#52 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15664 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Absolutely a fake. Only phishers ask for passwords.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#53 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Location:Somewhere between the computer, the fridge and the nursery

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 01 November 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

Absolutely a fake. Only phishers ask for passwords.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. oh, well...

#54 The Animaster

The Animaster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Steam ID:theanimaster

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

Wow... this sucks balls. I mean, I'm connected most of the time to the net as well, but there's always the odd time that I'm NOT or where I'm using a popsnizzlety internet connection... how am I supposed to play D3 then?

And then there's SECURITY. My WoW account seems to get hacked regularly even though: a.) I've never used it in more than a year b.) I use a mac c.) I have an authenticator d.) I've never installed it on any other machine other than my mac. It's come to a point I am HUGELY F--KING PI$$ED that I was STUPID enough to tie in my SC2 account with my WoW account. They should be separate. The only thing I can do it seems (because of where I'm at) is to DELETE my WoW accounts -- that's WoW, BC and WotLK expansions --- quite a lot of money to be throwing away for the convenience of not having my account hacked just because I have it ~~TIED~~ to a WoW account!!

So yeah, Blizzard is really sucking balls right now. They've become too greedy. Period.
Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15"@1680x1050 matte option 1GB Radeon 6750M 16GB RAM

#55 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

View PostThe Animaster, on 06 November 2011 - 05:53 AM, said:

So yeah, Blizzard is really sucking balls right now. They've become too greedy. Period.
I daresay that's a relative opinion. I wouldn't call them greedy, but rather too successful. In a similar analogy PC's are the target of many viruses because they have the largest marketshare. I would imagine in a similar light WoW gets hacked a lot (or tries to be at the least) given how popular it is.

Blizzard is really particular about security. Have you contacted them about your account? Changed your password to something super strong, etc?
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#56 tcrown

tcrown

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Diablo 3 beta Mac is on the nets with a server hack allowing one to play without a connection. This will be the release version I get unless Blizzard changes it's mind about always on single player.
13" Retina Macbook Pro | 2.8GHz Intel i7 | 256GB SSD | 16GB DDR3 | INTEL IRIS 5100 1.5GB DDR3

#57 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Three years ago the less optimistic and more realistic of us guessed that D3 would go on sale end of 2011. Seems Blizzard were hoping that too. Now they are saying Q1 2012. My hunch is March Q1 at best. Can't say what it is but the feeling for me is that Q2 is more realistic.

#58 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

Given that they are currently implementing major game play changes, tells me that they have no idea what they are doing this time around. Q2 is way more likely, if not Q3. I assume the expansions will have some major gameplay changes also.
"They're everywhere!"

#59 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

What a surprise. Blizzard just decided to cancel Diablo III and release Diablo 2,5 instead. (Well, not officially, but the latest beta patch pulled out tons of content, and restored some things they said they didn't wanted to do).

Q3, here we come!
"They're everywhere!"

#60 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 20 January 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

What a surprise. Blizzard just decided to cancel Diablo III and release Diablo 2,5 instead. (Well, not officially, but the latest beta patch pulled out tons of content, and restored some things they said they didn't wanted to do).

Q3, here we come!

:crazy: Maybe they have time to remove the fire trucking stupid DRM scheme by then, too.  :nods:
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau