23 replies to this topic

#21 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Athl, play The Witcher 1 first. It's still a good game despite the worse combat mechanics (in my opinion) and obviously dated graphics. The plot is excellent and you're choices will carry over into the second game.

#22 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3036 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

View PostAthl, on 20 May 2011 - 04:56 AM, said:

After buying The Witcher and then the install disc not working after several attempts and having to download the game illegaly to even play AND use my own CD-Key (because I unfortunately enjoy collecting my games and didn't want to return it) I was abit over it I think... I tried for a few hours, but it had been weeks and I'd swapped the disc so many times at the stores I just never really got into it... now Witcher 2 looks stunning, and I'm wondering should I go back and force myself to play The Witcher or just jump straight in?

Cheers!

I'm going to play through the witcher 1 before i get the witcher 2. I had a similar experience to you, it just refused to run on my computer, so it's going to have to wait till i get a new computer

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

Late 2012 iMac 27" Corei7 3.4ghz GTX 680 MX 8gb RAM 3tb FusionDrive
Now Playing: Battlefield 3, The Witcher 2

#23 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Just finished, and without dropping any spoilers, I would say I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Excellent, interesting plot which kept me engaged throughout. Reasonable leveling possibilities for building different kinds of characters, fun combat, excellent exploration. A bit more linear than the first game, and (sadly) fewer side quests. But I still racked up 40 hours and hit the level cap. Best RPG I've played in the last couple of years. Will happily await W3 which will be the culmination, I suspect.
By the way, the Polish government gave President Obama a copy of Witcher 2 when he recently came for his State Visit. Lots more fun than a kielbasa.
Work: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Vista64
Home: MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon/8GB RAM/ATI HD4870,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Vista64

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#24 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

A video game that the NY Times loves, rare enough: Witcher 2 review
Work: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Vista64
Home: MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon/8GB RAM/ATI HD4870,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Vista64

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB