Myth II Version 1.7.2 is the latest instalment in the 1.7 series of updates, bringing massive performance improvements, numerous bug fixes and several new features to the game.
Below are some of the highlights of the 1.7.2 update:
- Massive OpenGL optimizations, especially with detail textures (2x - 5x as fast on modern hardware)!
- New DirectX10/11 rendering backend!
- New event-based input system that guarantees every character typed will be registered.
- New preference to automatically save multiplayer films.
- Elimination of up to two ticks of baked-in latency in the Myth net code.
- Overhead map zoom level will now be saved between games.
- Fix for the endless "Waiting for other players..." dialog.
- Type-to-seek functionality for the new game, recordings and saved game lists.
- Restored custom plugin images in the single-player new game dialog.
- Added new high resolution icons.
If you are interested in helping out with the tournament, let me know! Please also note that you don't have to register here on the site, but rather at the forums! You won't see any ads if you use Firefox. Spread the word! Tell your friends and tell them to tell their friends about mwc!