Why did Colin McRae and Race Driver 3 disappear from Feral Interactive?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

They have disappeared from their website and store as of May 3rd 2011. Just curious as to what happened. Maybe a licensing issue? Again, just curious. I do see the demos are still listed, but the games are no longer listed and are not in the store anymore. You can still get to the games mini-sites through the original links, but again, they no longer list them.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#2 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 03 May 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

They have disappeared from their website and store as of May 3rd 2011. Just curious as to what happened. Maybe a licensing issue? Again, just curious. I do see the demos are still listed, but the games are no longer listed and are not in the store anymore. You can still get to the games mini-sites through the original links, but again, they no longer list them.
OK, just received a reply from Feral Interactive.... The License ran out and they can no longer sell the games. They will still have support for them though.

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 04 May 2011 - 05:57 AM, said:

OK, just received a reply from Feral Interactive.... The License ran out and they can no longer sell the games.
Oh, that's a pity.  :(

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I don't think we will be getting that CMRM update. :(

#5 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

NO WAY!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#6 TomKoenig

TomKoenig

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

Thats a bit unfortunate...I did love CMR...it was well ported...;(

#7 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 03 May 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

For the full reasons just read this thread.

Edwin

#8 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 19 May 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

For the full reasons just read this thread.

Edwin
Yes, I have read through my other thread. I thank you for the explanations and I also thank you for releasing racing games on the Mac. I am just disappointed to see them gone from the site, that's all. Racing games on the Mac, especially really good ones, are few and far between.

#9 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 19 May 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

Yes, I have read through my other thread. I thank you for the explanations and I also thank you for releasing racing games on the Mac. I am just disappointed to see them gone from the site, that's all. Racing games on the Mac, especially really good ones, are few and far between.

Yes I was sad to see them go as well but rules is rules :(

If you are interested in testing games from Feral drop me a PM and the next time we do a racing game you can help on the beta :)

Edwin

#10 The Animaster

The Animaster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Steam ID:theanimaster

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 01 June 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

Yes I was sad to see them go as well but rules is rules :(

If you are interested in testing games from Feral drop me a PM and the next time we do a racing game you can help on the beta :)

Edwin

Hello again Edwin... been a while.

I too am a ~bit~ sad to see CMRM go.... but just three days ago my macbook pro arrived (remember how I was saying it was going to ... A COUPLE YEARS BACK XD ?) Well... there are a LOT of things that happen when you get a 15" MB Pro with a 1680x1050 resolution screen.

And an Intel i7.

One thing is *gasp* Windoze Games. With Dirt 3 out on Windoze, and D2 still coming for the mac -- I'm joining the group that "wonders" why we have to wait. Mind you, I hate Windoze as much as the next person, but it ain't that hard to reboot into it. Granted, the ONLY thing I use it for is a.) Apps for classroom instruction (because we're still running old school apps on the WIndoze machines in school) and b.) Games.

HOWEVER -- if D2 appears on the Mac Appstore, I'll definitely give it some deep thought -- after all, nothing beats being able to purchase and play the game without having to wait for the stores to stock it!! So PLEASE -- I hope to see D2 on the mac appstore !

And I'll email you soon Eddie about finally getting into that beta program...
Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15"@1680x1050 matte option 1GB Radeon 6750M 16GB RAM