Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Steam Name:Jeyl
  • Steam ID:jeyl1984

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hmm. Here's my situation.

The Sims Medieval crashes. A lot. Some times the game will fade out, quit on it's own, display improper graphics than crash, or simply crash. It crashes so often that every time I open the game, I've got to start the whole process of the tutorial from scratch. Now, if I could tolerate the constant crashing and just save every time I get the chance, I would at least be able to have some form of progression. Makes sense since this game really is fun. Unfortunately, every time I try to save the game, it hits me with this:

"You cannot save your game while in the tutorial"

And I can't even get passed the halfway point of the tutorial before something goes completely wrong. Every time I try to save the game, it says I can't. I've tampered with the video, audio and everything else to try and ensure that the game won't randomly crash on me, but nothing works.

I can't play this game at all! Is anyone else having these issues?
Processor: 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 14 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Mac OS X Version 10.7.3

#2 Togglemeister

Togglemeister

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

It works great with Snow Leopard, 8 gb of ram in my 2013 late iMac. I did the basic install, it found the new updates, replaced the files, and the game ran flawlessly.

Maybe its your video card? Or change your graphic card settings?
(Now) Late 2013 27" 3.4 ghz iMac, stock configurations.
(Then) 2005 Powermac G5 Dual Core 2.3 ghz, Leopard, 256mb nvidia 6600GT.
(Archived) DA w/Single Sonnet G4 1.4 ghz  2mb L3, Tiger, 1 gb ram, 128 mb ati 9800 pro (AGP)

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

As a Cider port, I think it has problems with Lion and later versions of OS X.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

The only older EA Cider game I've had work well under 10.8/10.9 is Red Alert 3.  I couldn't even get spore to work for the longest time. Finally after a half dozen reinstalls it fired up but the graphics are all manner of messed up. I don't even know why I bothered to try, that game sucked so many eggs. I guess I'm a sadist like that.

I did fire up the sims 3 and it appears to function at a cursory glance but I don't have the time nor inclination to play it more.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Togglemeister

Togglemeister

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

I forgot to mention that I'm running the game with the 2 gb Nvidia Geforce GTX 775 and OS 10.8.5.
(Now) Late 2013 27" 3.4 ghz iMac, stock configurations.
(Then) 2005 Powermac G5 Dual Core 2.3 ghz, Leopard, 256mb nvidia 6600GT.
(Archived) DA w/Single Sonnet G4 1.4 ghz  2mb L3, Tiger, 1 gb ram, 128 mb ati 9800 pro (AGP)