Jump to content


Combat Mission Beyond Normandy


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Over the past two weeks, members of the public have been allowed to gather at beta-testers homes around the world and have a go at the very latest beta build.

Fans of tactical WW2 combat on the Mac are finally in for the stunning treat that was CM1 series ... here's a link to the AAR summaries ...

http://www.battlefro...ead.php?t=95149

And new screen shots (The Germans are on the move) online too ...

http://www.battlefro...=275&Itemid=458

Can. Not. Wait. My favourite game of all time returns to the Apple  platform after a decade. Excellent.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#2 Tacohead

Tacohead

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 01 March 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

Over the past two weeks, members of the public have been allowed to gather at beta-testers homes around the world and have a go at the very latest beta build.

Fans of tactical WW2 combat on the Mac are finally in for the stunning treat that was CM1 series ... here's a link to the AAR summaries ...

http://www.battlefro...ead.php?t=95149

And new screen shots (The Germans are on the move) online too ...

http://www.battlefro...=275&Itemid=458

Can. Not. Wait. My favourite game of all time returns to the Apple  platform after a decade. Excellent.

Thanks for the update! This is really looking awesome! Posted Image

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#3 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

So awesome in fact that I am buying two copies and giving one away to a worthy Mac gamer here on the forums. Yes I am.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#4 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

    Minion Tormentor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 02 March 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

So awesome in fact that I am buying two copies and giving one away to a worthy Mac gamer here on the forums. Yes I am.
Are you determining "worthy" by a no-hold-barred, free-for-all fight to the death?  Please say yes.

--Eric

#5 Tacohead

Tacohead

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Bring it on! Posted Image

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#6 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 02 March 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

Are you determining "worthy" by a no-hold-barred, free-for-all fight to the death?  Please say yes.

Well, I wasn't, in fact, but seeing tBC right behind you with that hatchet, I've changed my mind.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to change my (blood-splattered) clothes now too.

No, I'm thinking a contest. Yes, a contest of some form. Not sure what type yet and I'll have to clear it with Tuncer, but a contest sounds good. Maybe dancing. Hmm. Must think.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#7 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

    Minion Tormentor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 02 March 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

Maybe dancing.
By "dancing", I assume you mean no-hold-barred, free-for-all combat to the death?  Sign me up!

--Eric

#8 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 02 March 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

By "dancing", I assume you mean no-hold-barred, free-for-all combat to the death?  Sign me up!

--Eric

Actually, my mind was, for whatever reason, assuming a brass pole and someone named Ashley or Tiffany or "Sindy" would be involved with this "dancing" but sure, a no-hold-barred, free-for-all combat to the death (while wearing tutus or cosplaying as Mario) might also work.

If it's a trivia question, it'll revolve around the Canadians and Juno Beach, most likely. Thinking caps on?

Contest announced as soon as the CMBN pre-orders are online.

P.S. Dojoboy's already sent money so I think we know who'll win.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#9 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

    Minion Tormentor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 03 March 2011 - 08:31 PM, said:

P.S. Dojoboy's already sent money so I think we know who'll win.
Yep--me, obviously.

--Eric

#10 Jarmo

Jarmo

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

I believe it when I have the game in my hands! No sooner. :)
Shock Force was also coming to mac... until it wasn't.

But waiting anxiously, been waiting for quite some time already..

#11 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

View PostJarmo, on 08 March 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

I believe it when I have the game in my hands! No sooner. :)
Shock Force was also coming to mac... until it wasn't.

But waiting anxiously, been waiting for quite some time already..

Many of the testers are running it on their OSX systems, as is Steve, the lead developer at Battlefront. It's coming, and soon now. Steve used the words "very soon" in a recent post. In hands before end of April, mark my words.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#12 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

Pre-orders* now up! Limited edition SteelBook version available.

http://www.battlefro...=273&Itemid=456

* Pre-orders only yet for Windows users. "Mac users! The game will be available for both the PC platform as well as Mac OS X. Today, we are launching pre-orders for the PC version only! If you are interested in purchasing the Mac OS X version, please wait until we open pre-orders separately for it in the next weeks. The Mac OS X version is currently scheduled to be released not too long after the PC version."

Note that Battlefront is setting aside some of the limited edition boxes for OSX users.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#13 Tacohead

Tacohead

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

Here's something to whet your appetite some more for this great-looking upcoming game!

http://www.rockpaper...aar/#more-55163

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#14 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

One forum poster, and Battlefront beta tester, said that on his (higher end) PC rig, set on widescreen with all graphics options turned to High (admittedly with a 1.5GB video card) that he wept with joy when he saw the last beta.

AND IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

In a post today, Moon (aka Martin) the main BF support guy said, in response to a question about download size for the game, that "For a new product that isn't released, this is an estimate only. It looks like the download for CMBN will actually be a bit bigger than the 1.3 GB originally estimated. But not by much. I think the Mac version is bigger. You'll know for sure, um, next week."

http://www.battlefro...365&postcount=2

YEAH, BABY!!!!

Time to get my trivia question ready for all your OSX WW2 strategy game fans and a chance to WIN A FREE COPY courtesy of me!

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#15 Phil Culliton

Phil Culliton

    Battlefront

  • Developer
  • 9 posts
  • Location:Probably working somewhere.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hey DaveyJJ - just wanted to pop in and say hi, and thanks for doing the contest.  If you'd like I can throw in an autographed picture of me holding a transistor radio or something.

For everybody else, I'm the in-house OSX guy at BFC.   (Technically we're all Mac guys, but I'm the one responsible for the OSX version.)  We're definitely hard at work.  As a matter of fact, I've got to get back to work right now.  :)  When we announce pre-orders for the OSX version we'll provide a timeframe, but as Davey intimated pre-orders are probably not far off.

However, I'm always happy to answer questions - or requisition appropriate responses from the rest of the team - so feel free to ask away.  I can justify a break every now and then.  ;)

BTW - Eric.  Are you Eric5h5 from the Unity forums?  If so you, sir, are a god among men, and I tip my hat to you.

Back to the code!

Phil

#16 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostPhil Culliton, on 16 April 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

BTW - Eric.  Are you Eric5h5 from the Unity forums?  If so you, sir, are a god among men, and I tip my hat to you.
That's impossible!</lukeskywalker>  Beside's you are sucking up to the wrong guy, you should be sucking up to the admin.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#17 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

    Minion Tormentor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

View PostPhil Culliton, on 16 April 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

BTW - Eric.  Are you Eric5h5 from the Unity forums?
That's my evil twin.  No, wait, I'm the evil twin.  I think...I can never get that straight.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 16 April 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

Beside's you are sucking up to the wrong guy, you should be sucking up to the admin.

Oh that's right, you are the evil twin.  That makes more sense.

--Eric

#18 Phil Culliton

Phil Culliton

    Battlefront

  • Developer
  • 9 posts
  • Location:Probably working somewhere.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 16 April 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

That's impossible!</lukeskywalker>  Beside's you are sucking up to the wrong guy, you should be sucking up to the admin.

Nah, I'm not sucking up to Eric, just acknowledging his help.  He's answered more questions for me without knowing who I was than all of my college professors combined.  :)

You, on the other hand, are clearly a god among men as well, but for entirely more impressive and socially acceptable reasons.

#19 Tacohead

Tacohead

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 15 April 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

One forum poster, and Battlefront beta tester, said that on his (higher end) PC rig, set on widescreen with all graphics options turned to High (admittedly with a 1.5GB video card) that he wept with joy when he saw the last beta.

AND IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

In a post today, Moon (aka Martin) the main BF support guy said, in response to a question about download size for the game, that "For a new product that isn't released, this is an estimate only. It looks like the download for CMBN will actually be a bit bigger than the 1.3 GB originally estimated. But not by much. I think the Mac version is bigger. You'll know for sure, um, next week."

http://www.battlefro...365&postcount=2

YEAH, BABY!!!!

Time to get my trivia question ready for all your OSX WW2 strategy game fans and a chance to WIN A FREE COPY courtesy of me!

Great to hear! Looking forward to your question. Thanks for the contest Davey! Posted Image

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#20 Tacohead

Tacohead

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

View PostPhil Culliton, on 16 April 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

Hey DaveyJJ - just wanted to pop in and say hi, and thanks for doing the contest.  If you'd like I can throw in an autographed picture of me holding a transistor radio or something.

For everybody else, I'm the in-house OSX guy at BFC.   (Technically we're all Mac guys, but I'm the one responsible for the OSX version.)  We're definitely hard at work.  As a matter of fact, I've got to get back to work right now.  :)  When we announce pre-orders for the OSX version we'll provide a timeframe, but as Davey intimated pre-orders are probably not far off.

However, I'm always happy to answer questions - or requisition appropriate responses from the rest of the team - so feel free to ask away.  I can justify a break every now and then.  ;)

BTW - Eric.  Are you Eric5h5 from the Unity forums?  If so you, sir, are a god among men, and I tip my hat to you.

Back to the code!

Phil

Hey Phil,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm really looking forward to CM:BN! I'm curious if there will be a windowed mode in the game? Thanks and keep up the great work! Posted Image

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB