Getting League of Legends to work natively on the Mac was very important. After some googling and fiddling(but nothing taxing) I managed to get a fully working native LoL Mac OS X client from an old beta client and now I can play the game without any issues whatsoever.
For anyone interested I posted the guide Play League of Legends on Mac OS X
Here is how:
- Download the beta client. You can either get the beta downloader from rapid share or get the beta client from a torrent (you are going to need a torrent client to download this, like μtorrent). Don't worry, both methods are legal(it's a free game after all).
- Make sure that you have set your primary Mac Language as US English (System Preferences-> Language and Text) or it will crash during install.
- Install the game using one of the aforementioned methods.
- Let the game fully update.
- Open your Application folder and Right-Click on LOL application. Select "Show Package Contents"
- Go to : Contents -> Resources -> transgaming -> c_drive -> rads -> Projects -> lol_air_client_config_na -> releases -> 0.0.0.1 -> deploy
- Open the "lol.properties" file with you text editor.
- Replace the text inside the file
host=prod.eu.lol.riotgames.com xmpp_server_url=chat.eu.lol.riotgames.com lobbyLandingURL=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/pvpnet_landing ladderURL=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/ladders storyPageURL=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/story lq_uri=https://lq.na.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/rest/queueFor the North American server the contents of the file should look like this:
host=beta.lol.riotgames.com xmpp_server_url=chat.na.lol.riotgames.com lobbyLandingURL=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/pvpnet_landing ladderURL=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/ladders storyPageURL=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/story lq_uri=https://lq.na.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/rest/queue
- Save the file
- You can now switch your Language Preferences back to normal.
- Enjoy the game.