Attack of the Clones

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: What did you think of Attack of the Clones? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you think of Attack of the Clones?

1. Thumbs Up! (46 votes [88.46%])

Percentage of vote: 88.46%

2. Thumbs Down! (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Shioki

Shioki

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 08:35 PM

I see a nasty trend that bugs me about Star wars movies and its fans.  

It goes as follows.
New movie is announced.
Everyone gets really excited.
New Movie is released.
Everyone Sees it.
Everyone says its the best star wars ever.
Everyone Loves it, but says there was a couple of little things people didn't like but that is normal for any movie.
Everyone sees it 16 more times.
Everyone Loves the movie and says how great it is.
Months pass.
People see it a few more times.
then all of a sudden people start disliking the movie.
then hating the movie.
Saying its the worst of the movies.
Dumping on the movie any chance they get.
That little thing about the movie becomes that big thing that ruined the movie.
All of a sudden people think the movie was crap... that just months ago thought the movie was wicked!

Then new movie is announced and process begins again.

I know some people out there will say "Oh I hated the movie from the start" or "I never changed my feelings about the movie"

But all I hear about episode One is that it was sooooo horrible.

But I love the movie just as much today as I did when I first saw it in the theater.
I didn't Mind JarJar.  He was comic relief till the droids were up and running.
It didn't matter who you got to play Anakin.  People would complain about the acting.. the kid was like 5 or 6.  Got news for ya.. the Acting was always horrible in Star wars.. think of Lukes famous words "THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!!" after hearing that darth was his father.

But yet people nit pick and complain about the movies for these little things.

Everyone I know loved the movie at first when it came out.
Now most think its a piece of crap of a movie.

Everyone who changed there thoughts on it like that are a bunch of hipocrats.

I am excited to see the new movie.  and I will love it just like the rest.. with an open mind and a respect for the spectacular movies Lucas puts out.  
If you wanna see how good they really are.. just to put them in perspective.. go watch WING COMMANDER.  (actually I liked that movie too.  but most people didn't)

All I'm saying is if you like the movie.. then always like the movie.. don't hate it because of little things.
I'm tired of hearing it.  Cuz episode one was an awsome movie in all your minds... when it came out.   But somewhere you were influenced by the dark side and turned your back on it and I never will understand that.

Bewhere the darkside..   hate leads to Windows.

#22 Tuncer (IMG)

Tuncer (IMG)

Pimpbot 5000

• Admin
  • 923 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 May 2002 - 03:39 AM

Shioki,

There's only one problem with your theory and that is after I saw Ep 1 I didn't think it was the best Star Wars ever...I thought it was the worst ever (and still is). I remember walking out of the theatre after seeing it and just being utterly disappointed.

I liked Clones a lot. It still has issues, but overall a great improvement. Can't wait for Ep 3!
Tuncer
Inside Mac Games

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/tuncerdeniz

#23 kraahl

kraahl

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 05:46 AM

*Might be a spioler*
What annoyes me is that from the title "Attack of the Clones" and from trailers and such, you  (at least I) get the impression that the clones are the "evil-army" not the "good guys".

Are the Storm Troopers cloned?

#24 dice

dice

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 07:14 AM

I thought episode 1 was alright however it didn't feel like a Star Wars movie. Episode 2 actually felt like a sw movie with lots of links as to whats to come. The yoda fight scene is one of the greatest movie moments ever. I didn't know how they would pull it off but they did it fantasticaly- power comes not in size but belief in the force!

#25 Zazersmel

Zazersmel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 08:28 AM

No, the storm troopers in episodes 4-6 are not cloned.  Apparently the empire has enough support for people to join them.  Later on, after episode 6, the empire starts loosing support, and DOES eventually turn to cloning, and even droids for storm troopers.  No I am NOT obsessed with star wars.

#26 ArsMoriendi

ArsMoriendi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 11:19 AM

worth seeing just for the incredibly hot and fit Natalie Portman
I hear that, only I can't help feeling like a pervert because I can't help but remember the litle girl from the Professional..... yeesh.

As far as the movie goes, I liked it. I loved the fact that there was so much of Jango and Boba Fett.  Who knew that the most deadly family of bounty hunters in the galaxy were AUSTRALIAN?!!

:D

Ars

#27 Dave

Dave

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 03:16 PM

This was a very fun movie to watch.  It was a little slow at the beginning but overall it was a good time.  Certainly see this movie if you like Star Wars, if your not a big fan, you might want to think about it.  Personally, I've been waiting for the 3rd movie to come out ever since the series was announced because that's the movie that shows when Anikan really tweeks out and kills off most of the Jedi if I'm not mistaken.

#28 Orionman_tkd

Orionman_tkd

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 12:30 AM

I am a bit disapointed. The lightsaber fights are less impressive. There is much more jedi fights in this new episode but the quantity went over the quality.  The actor behind Darth Maul was a real martial art expert.  Samuel L. Jackson is a real good actor but...
IHMO....

#29 Biablo

Biablo

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 03:05 AM

I enjoyed the light saber battles. Yoda, now that was funny......
Simulation Train Groping Booths: 3rd largest sector of the Japanese economy

#30 Gandalf

Gandalf

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 06:26 AM

Yoda sure proved he is the greatest Jedi ever. I thought it was quite good that Boba and his Dad were Mowris (they were). The best actor through out had to be Yoda. Ewan McGregor may be a fellow country man but I don't feel he is a convincing Obi-Wan. And did anyone notice that Jar Jar Binks started the clone wars! That is the funniest bit of the film when you relise it next to Yoda fighting. He caused the rebublic to become a Dictatorship! So the whole of Star Wars links back in a way to Jar Jar Binks! I mean Amidala wouldn't have allowd the rebublic to become a dictatorship, but she was so stupid that she put Jar Jar in charge! I thought the Clone troopers were really cool. And there were actually a lot of troops who were people in suits. When you saw them in a battle or in large numbers they were CG. Yoda commanded the battle front!

Do you know that after episode 6 there is quite a long story. Not just books written by other people but George Lucas says the story goes on after that. I think it is something like the emperor was cloned. But you will never get as cool a Bad guy as Darth Vader. That guys name in episode two was really unimaginative, Darth Dooku! I thought it was a big improvement on Ep I and a great film. But one thing I dont get is, Boba Fett takes Jango's suit and ship (Im sad I know the ships name, Slave 1) but in Ep 4 to 6 he is a different colour from Jango. His suit and Ship. Did he paint them or something. "Bounty Hunters, we dont need their Scum!" Yes you do theyre great. Bring on a Jedi Game!

#31 ProfessorX

ProfessorX

Swift like ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 07:10 AM

I am a Star Wars Fan, but not fanatic, that's just at IMG ;) (I have all the books  - except the kiddie ones, several figures and helmets in my office - but I take them out of the blister packs -and I don't dress up for the premieres)

I was lucky enough to be on vacation in Disney World when EP2 came out, and scored tickets for an early show - the last thing we did before we came home.

Maybe it's because it was my eighth day in WDW and my suspension of disbelief was in overdrive - or maybe it's because I just love to see a good ass-kicking, but I enjoyed EP2 tremendously.

True, the loves scenes were a drag, but a necessary evil.  And remember, this is a horny teenager trying to pick up a senator for God's sake - he's going to deliver some pretty bad lines - didn't you at his age? Jeez - I remember actually saying "roses are red, violets are blue, take off your pants."

I loved it.  Period.  It's not supposed to be a serious film - You are supposed to cheer at the fight scenes, and drop your jaw at the effects.  Look at the story developing over the 5 films thus far - that's actually pretty difficult to do...

#32 RumbleFish

RumbleFish

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 11:57 AM

I completely agree. The love scenes were a necessary evil, and the dialogue in it was crud...but didn't this actually FEEL like a star wars movie to you all?  Episode 1 didn't  at all, to anybody, and i am thankfull that this did.

These movies are made to be a sort of old 50's satruday serial, not a oscar winning drama. They're supposed to be fun and exciting, and they are supposed to be, for the most part, for kids.

I feel thats part of the problem. we were all kids when we saw the movies originally, and at that time Luke's whining and bithcing didn't bother us.
The crappy puppets didn't cause us to put in a thumbs down vote on a otherwise enjoyable movie. And the gay droids didn't make us wretch and call for blood (Jar-Jar). grow up and enjoy the movie.

#33 G4Jedi

G4Jedi

American Idiot

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 01:56 PM

Yoda, now that was funny......

I loved it. The first hour was a tad bit boring. The light saber battles were great! And all those clones...man, I'll never forget that.

But I liked how my friend put it bluntly: "No one f***s with the little green guy!" LOL!

#34 ProfessorX

ProfessorX

Swift like ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 02:56 PM

Jedi Shaft is the man.

How can you tell which lightsaber belong's to Samuel L Jackson?

It's the one that says bad muthaf*cka.

#35 chainsawmcgraw

chainsawmcgraw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 04:44 PM

The movie was cool, and it was entertaining.. and that's all movies are supposed to be :D

I'd like to comment more on the story, but I don't want to spoil anything...

• Guests

Posted 21 May 2002 - 06:39 AM

A million times better than episode one, and swear to god, there is a moment at the end that had half the audience on their feet screaming "OH MY GOD" over and over...

you'll know it when you see it.

;-)

So right.. Half of the audience started to give applaus (Spelled correctly?), and started to shout how awesome that was.. The best scene in the Star Wars saga ever, if you ask me.. ;)

#37 Alamo Melt

Alamo Melt

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 08:54 AM

Jeez - I remember actually saying "roses are red, violets are blue, take off your pants."

fire truck YEA! I'm going to use that one!!!!

#38 Erwin Heiser

Erwin Heiser

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 06:10 AM

Just saw it yesterday and I'm still recovering ;-)
This one finally felt like a star wars movie again.
Amazing visuals and I was especially impressed with Yoda who really comes into his own in this film.
When he descends on that arena and tells that stormtrooper to "secure a perimeter around the sutvivors", WOW!
Also my favourite line (and the one a lot of people seem to miss) is when Obi-Wan and Anakin enter the bar on Coruscant after that chase and Obi-Wan tells his apprentice how "someday you'll be the death of me".
I thought that was pretty funny ;-)

#39 Erwin Heiser

Erwin Heiser

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 06:10 AM

Amazing visuals and I was especially impressed with Yoda who really comes into his own in this film.
When he descends on that arena and tells that stormtrooper to "secure a perimeter around the sutvivors", WOW!
Also my favourite line (and the one a lot of people seem to miss) is when Obi-Wan and Anakin enter the bar on Coruscant after that chase and Obi-Wan tells his apprentice how "someday you'll be the death of me".

#40 Erwin Heiser

Erwin Heiser

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 06:11 AM