13 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

System requirements for Ubisoft's upcoming Mac version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction are now available. The game is scheduled for release on February 17 and will come in both standard and deluxe editions. The Insurgency Pack add-on for the game will also be released on the 17th.

An investigation into his daughter's death unwittingly leads former agent Sam Fisher to discover he's been betrayed by his prior agency, the Third Echelon. Now a renegade, Fisher finds himself in a race against time to thwart a deadly terrorist plot that threatens millions.

Uniting revolutionary gameplay enhancements with a high-octane, no-holds-barred storyline, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction arms you to the teeth with all the high-tech weaponry and lethal skills of an elite operative and invites you to enter a dangerous world where justice means making your own rules.

Pricing:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction will come in two skus: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition, which includes the standard version plus Infiltration Mode and 3 bonus weapons, is available for pre-order for $24.99 (USD). Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Standard Edition is available for pre-order for $19.99.

Insurgency Pack:
The Insurgency Pack ($9.99) delivers brand-new missions for Archer and Kestrel on four additional maps for Deniable Ops modes. Take on challenges in Hunter, Face Off, Infiltration or Last Stand to unlock new achievements and play in settings from the docks of San Francisco to a New Orleans cemetery, a prison in Portland to a hidden research complex in Salt Lake City.

System Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel Core2 Duo (Intel Core i7 recommended)
  • RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
  • Video Card: 512 MB video card (see supported list*)
  • HDD Space: 10 GB
  • Peripherals: keyboard, mouse
  • Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 8800 series or higher, ATI Radeon HD 2600 series or higher
    Notebook versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
Splinter Cell Conviction and the Insurgency Pack are available for pre-order. For more information, including screenshots and video trailers, please visit the Macgamestore.com home page.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Nookster

Nookster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

Laughable and unrealistic requirements when an Xbox plus a copy of this costs peanuts.

I don't even need to mention the DRM and past performance not supporting the PoP ports, but I will.
Ironing his Moschino's...

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

View PostNookster, on 03 February 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

Laughable and unrealistic requirements when an Xbox plus a copy of this costs peanuts.

I don't even need to mention the DRM and past performance not supporting the PoP ports, but I will.
pssst .. ubisoft .. 'nuff said.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostNookster, on 03 February 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

This costs $20, that isn't much. And the requirements are neither laughable, or unrealistic unless you have an old machine.

I found Assassins Creed 2 to be a great port by Ubisoft, no complaints. The DRM has been lessened, and either way I have a steady net connection.

I'm looking forward to this one.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 dokter_mac

dokter_mac

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

View PostWumpus, on 03 February 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

This costs $20, that isn't much. And the requirements are neither laughable, or unrealistic unless you have an old machine.

I found Assassins Creed 2 to be a great port by Ubisoft, no complaints. The DRM has been lessened, and either way I have a steady net connection.

I'm looking forward to this one.
Amen!

BTW: My Mac and this game supports much higher resolution & textures then the xbox version. They need to draw a line...

Grts

#6 bismarrvk

bismarrvk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Anyone could tell me that if NVIDIA 9600MGT is better than HD2600? If so, I will got the game.

How I wish I could own a powerful iMac!

#7 Nookster

Nookster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

View PostWumpus, on 03 February 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

And the requirements are neither laughable, or unrealistic unless you have an old machine

Laughable was me putting it mildly, but put into context they are fraking hilarious..

The minimum GPU needed is a whole generation bump on windows, the 8800GT, Apples latest and greatest gaming BTO card in 2008.

The PC or Boot camped Mac you need for this this must be decrepit by your standards, and the current HD consoles that you can get for less than a GPU upgrade, they must be antiques.

#8 Nookster

Nookster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 03 February 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

pssst .. ubisoft .. 'nuff said.

Yes, yes, but it's sad how many people still don't realise or want to realise.

Another thought - Boot Camp is a cheaper (and almost certainly superior) performance upgrade than getting an overpriced and out of date Apple approved Radeon just to play popsniz like this, that's a sobering thought given how long it's been since the intel switch.

#9 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3356 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

View Postbismarrvk, on 03 February 2011 - 07:38 PM, said:

Anyone could tell me that if NVIDIA 9600MGT is better than HD2600? If so, I will got the game.

How I wish I could own a powerful iMac!

9600M is faster then the 2600
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS High Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 8400 || Vega 56 || 16 GB DDR4 || 960 Evo NVMe || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Xbox One X || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#10 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1475 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

I really enjoyed the last Splinter Cell for Mac, I'm looking forward to this one!
macOS 10.14.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB (testing a Vega 56)

#11 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

View PostNookster, on 03 February 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Laughable was me putting it mildly, but put into context they are fraking hilarious..

The minimum GPU needed is a whole generation bump on windows, the 8800GT, Apples latest and greatest gaming BTO card in 2008.

The PC or Boot camped Mac you need for this this must be decrepit by your standards, and the current HD consoles that you can get for less than a GPU upgrade, they must be antiques.

I bought my Mac Book Pro over 2 years ago and it still exceeds the recommended requirements for this game on either PC or Mac without any issue. I'm just saying if you haven't upgraded in 3,4,5 years you can't expect to play the latest games being released on the Mac, and of course the requirements are going to be beyond your machine. If you're just pushing minimum spec for the game, yeah, I'd say you have an old computer.

I don't think the console discussion is relevant, its an entirely different platform. And yes, I neither care for, or like consoles, or console gaming.
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#12 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8281 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

View PostWumpus, on 04 February 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

I bought my Mac Book Pro over 2 years ago and it still exceeds the recommended requirements for this game on either PC or Mac without any issue.
How did you manage to get a MacBook Pro with an i7 CPU two years ago? :P

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#13 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 04 February 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

How did you manage to get a MacBook Pro with an i7 CPU two years ago? :P

Haha, I stand corrected on that point. I forgot the Mac variant wanted a core i7 for Recommended. (Bootcamp wise it runs flawlessly on max settings) Still, I expect my MBP to run it quite well. I don't use it to game anymore, I use my new iMac, but for review purposes I test things on both to see performance.

#14 Nookster

Nookster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

I bought my Mac Book Pro over 2 years ago and it still exceeds the recommended requirements for this game on either PC or Mac without any issue. I'm just saying if you haven't upgraded in 3,4,5 years you can't expect to play the latest games being released on the Mac, and of course the requirements are going to be beyond your machine. If you're just pushing minimum spec for the game, yeah, I'd say you have an old computer.

Not 5, 4, or even 3. The minimum OS X requirements most closely represent a 2008 BTO Mac Pro with a GT8800 upgrade, in the UK this was a £2000 computer just a couple of years ago, and as I already pointed out, the minimum specs drastically drop if you play it in it's native OS. Given that it's not even a particularly envelope pushing UE based game, the requirements are laughably poor even by crappy port standards. Native Mac gaming in 2011 still has the awful accolade of being the most expensive way to play inferior and late versions of other platforms games.

I don't think the console discussion is relevant, its an entirely different platform. And yes, I neither care for, or like consoles, or console gaming.

Then don't talk about them. I don't care for platform wars, I'm a gamer, and they all run SCC, performance is important when you have choices.