Total wars?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Eke

Eke

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:15 AM

Will Empire- or Napoleon total war come to mac never?
Would be nice to know. WANT THEM! =)

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7271 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

View PostEke, on 01 February 2011 - 04:15 AM, said:

There are hints that it might come. But it'll probably be some time until we know for sure.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Eke

Eke

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

Ok, thanks for reply.

#4 bismarrvk

bismarrvk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hope it will be Empire:Total War

#5 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

View PostEke, on 01 February 2011 - 04:15 AM, said:

Well after Rome's success, I think Feral will do more TW games, but they might think it makes more sense to do "Medieval 2" first, just because it'll run fine on so many more recent Macs, so logically should sell much more.

As both "Empire" & "Napoleon" are more graphically intensive & really need the most modern Macs to run at maximum settings, I think they'll do those later. Ultimately though, I'd like to see all of them make it to Mac!

#6 bismarrvk

bismarrvk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

View Postjackdawsson, on 01 February 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well after Rome's success, I think Feral will do more TW games, but they might think it makes more sense to do "Medieval 2" first, just because it'll run fine on so many more recent Macs, so logically should sell much more.

As both "Empire" & "Napoleon" are more graphically intensive & really need the most modern Macs to run at maximum settings, I think they'll do those later. Ultimately though, I'd like to see all of them make it to Mac!

I think EmpireTW would be the best for now since its system requirements(PC) is not very high and it was released for PC in 2009. This one would be more competitive.

#7 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7271 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

Empire/Napoleon TW as full price title, Medieval 2 TW as Feral Legend, and everyone's happy. :D

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#8 bismarrvk

bismarrvk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 02 February 2011 - 12:50 AM, said:

Empire/Napoleon TW as full price title, Medieval 2 TW as Feral Legend, and everyone's happy. :D

This is the best solution! :D

#9 Eke

Eke

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

I agree with you bismarrvk

#10 loose nut

loose nut

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Honestly, from everything I've heard, I'd rather they skip Medieval 2 and Empire and go directly to Shogun 2, which sounds pretty amazing. (A good battle AI!)

#11 LMOP

LMOP

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

Chopin is definitely Empire Total War. The Chopin image is cropped from this sea battle. Specifically, it's of the water line of the bow of the ship on the right. In the Chopin image, note the crest of the wave half way down the image, the red tinge at the top (blood) and the almost vertical shadow on the water at the left, not to mention the large number of cannons protruding from a wooden hull!

It would be nice if this were a port of the Empire & Napoleon Total War - Game of the Year Edition but unfortunately the image does not allow us to determine that one way or the other. Here's hoping though!

Good luck with the port Feral; this is a definite purchase from me!

#12 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

View PostLMOP, on 27 August 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

Chopin is definitely Empire Total War. The Chopin image is cropped from this sea battle. Specifically, it's of the water line of the bow of the ship on the right. In the Chopin image, note the crest of the wave half way down the image, the red tinge at the top (blood) and the almost vertical shadow on the water at the left, not to mention the large number of cannons protruding from a wooden hull!

It would be nice if this were a port of the Empire & Napoleon Total War - Game of the Year Edition but unfortunately the image does not allow us to determine that one way or the other. Here's hoping though!

Good luck with the port Feral; this is a definite purchase from me!
Nice one! That link looks spot on.

Re doing a GOTY edition: bearing in mind that Feral are a relatively small company, usually working on a few games simultaneously, for a very limited Mac gaming market when compared to PC, IMO, if they release only Empire next, it'd still be excellent. It also probably makes more sense from a financial perspective to do Napoleon later.

Hopefully, they'll also do Medieval 2 on their legends label sometime in the near future. The Mac platform can only benefit from all these AAA games being released as I imagine there are still plenty of dedicated Mac OS X-only gamers out there.

#13 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7271 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

View PostLMOP, on 27 August 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

Chopin is definitely Empire Total War. The Chopin image is cropped from this sea battle.
I already suspected this, but this is a spot-on confirmation. Nice find. :thumbsup: