#21 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm interested in Bioshock 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Kung Fu Killforce. The Witcher and Serious Sam 3
Awesome. I can do the first 3 relatively soon. The last 2 aren't out yet, but will cover them when they are.

Also what are you interested in. Like a "first 10 minutes" kind of a thing, or just a slice of gameplay from somewhere in the game? Talking about BS2 and DXHR. Kung Fu Killforce is only so much to show.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15928 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm interested in the game play.  Something that shows me what kind of game is being played.  Don't spend much time in menus and RPG selection trees etc.  I want to see what person the game is played in, what kind of weapons are utilized, what the enemy looks like and acts like.    I don't have these games and I want to see if they are worth getting.  Show me the fun, the cool, the gruesome.  A series of different footages spliced together would do that better than one long run through I would think.  Also give us some narration to set up what you are going to display or while it is being displayed.  I'm into information overload, pack it all in there.  Sell me on the game like you are getting a cut.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 March 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

I'm interested in the game play.  Something that shows me what kind of game is being played.  Don't spend much time in menus and RPG selection trees etc.  I want to see what person the game is played in, what kind of weapons are utilized, what the enemy looks like and acts like.    I don't have these games and I want to see if they are worth getting.  Show me the fun, the cool, the gruesome.  A series of different footages spliced together would do that better than one long run through I would think.  Also give us some narration to set up what you are going to display or while it is being displayed.  I'm into information overload, pack it all in there.  
That sounds super fun, I can't wait till I get home so I can work on it. That's definitely the best idea, and I'll be glad to show off a series of different areas and types of gameplay. I'm big on details so info overload is right up my alley. I may even do a series of videos, at least with DXHR as it has a lot of variety and different play styles. Bioshock 2 has some good variety as well, but overall is far less complex as a game. I'll see how it goes.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 March 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Sell me on the game like you are getting a cut.
Sounds like a good affiliate program that I should start with Feral :P
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#24 andrewlennox

andrewlennox

Fan

• IMG Writers
  • 47 posts
  • Steam Name:lenntheox

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

Wow, this sounds really cool :)

If I could suggest something, maybe a regular segment, once a week called "A few Minutes of..."

This regular series could show off the latest indie and AAA titles on the Mac. With the regularity it helps gain a regular audience, But I'm sure you know this from your MGC work.

What do you think?
Andrew Lennox
Writer, Inside Mac Games
http://andrewlennox.tumblr.com/

#25 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postandrewlennox, on 25 March 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Wow, this sounds really cool :)

If I could suggest something, maybe a regular segment, once a week called "A few Minutes of..."

This regular series could show off the latest indie and AAA titles on the Mac. With the regularity it helps gain a regular audience, But I'm sure you know this from your MGC work.

What do you think?
I think that's a great idea, and something I'll see if I can incorporate into my schedule. Ideally I'd like to talk about a game along with the video, but I don't always have ideal recording situations, so maybe just video and voice when I can. I'd rather do "indie to AAA" that is, a wide range of games. :)

I have been working on DXHR, taking lots of clips, just need to edit them together in some cohesive and sensible form.

Lastly, I think I'm going to make a new video channel. Same idea...its just not the IMG video channel, its my video channel and there's a difference. I made it over a year ago, and much like I renamed the podcast, for much the same reason I want to make a specific video channel and logo/name. Not sure what it is yet though :P

#26 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Found this on youtube :D

- Snake

Retina MBP: 2.3 GHz Quad i7 || 8 GB RAM  ||  650M 1 GB || OS X Yosemite

#27 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

That's good :P Blake always did know how to make a silly video.

Gives me a few ideas...maybe I can promote the MGC in some fun and silly ways.

#28 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15928 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

You can now that I've upgraded you to V4.117b.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#29 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5336 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostWumpus, on 04 May 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

That's good :P Blake always did know how to make a silly video.

Gives me a few ideas...maybe I can promote the MGC in some fun and silly ways.
Well, I could spray my hair silver, get the old M1 helmet, and help offer game reviews as General Patton. :P
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 1TB Crucial M550 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15928 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostFrost, on 04 May 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Well, I could spray my hair silver, get the old M1 helmet, and help offer game reviews as General Patton. :P
Actually, I'd pay to see that.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostFrost, on 04 May 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

I will totally take you up on that. Let me know how it goes :P