5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

Blizzard Entertainment today announced that World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the third expansion for the critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, has sold through more than 4.7 million copies as of its first month of release. Cataclysm allows players to adventure as two new playable races, bring their characters to level 85, take on challenging quests and dungeons in all-new zones, and experience dramatic changes to familiar aspects of the game in the wake of a world-shattering disaster.

"We created thousands of new quests, introduced new lands to explore, and extensively revamped the game world for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, making it our biggest and most ambitious expansion yet," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We’ve been floored by the community's response so far, and we'd like to thank them for their continued passion and support for World of Warcraft, and for helping Cataclysm reach this incredible milestone."

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was simultaneously released in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand on December 7, and became available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on December 9. With day-one sales topping 3.3 million copies,* World of Warcraft: Cataclysm became the fastest-selling PC game of all time, shattering the previous record, which was held by the second World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King®.

Prior to the launch of Cataclysm, World of Warcraft's subscriber population had grown to more than 12 million players globally, further strengthening the game's position as the world's most popular subscription-based MMORPG. More information about the new expansion can be found at the official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm website.

To keep pace with the continued growth of World of Warcraft as well as development on other Blizzard Entertainment® games, the company is currently hiring for numerous open positions.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Location:Somewhere between the computer, the fridge and the nursery

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Well, because I like to be the last one in the parade, I finally tried the 10-day-free trial of WoW. I started out as an Orc warrior, which seemed simple enough. On my first mission, in which I was told to go hit some wild boars in a pen with my axe, I died. Apparently the mouse-click to actual palpable hit ratio is something like 70:1. Then I wandered around in the afterlife until I pulled the plug and AppZapped the whole package. Someone else will have to enjoy my remaining 9 days, 23 hours and 54 minutes.

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4127 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

View Postalldaveallen, on 11 January 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Well, because I like to be the last one in the parade, I finally tried the 10-day-free trial of WoW. I started out as an Orc warrior, which seemed simple enough. On my first mission, in which I was told to go hit some wild boars in a pen with my axe, I died. Apparently the mouse-click to actual palpable hit ratio is something like 70:1. Then I wandered around in the afterlife until I pulled the plug and AppZapped the whole package. Someone else will have to enjoy my remaining 9 days, 23 hours and 54 minutes.
That was the one thing I had problems with, when I first tried WOW - At least the first five minutes.

You are only supposed to right-click whatever you want to hit *once*. Then the target becomes tagged with an attack action, and you just wait until it's done hitting. What you are probably doing is click-turn-attack-action-on-click-turn-attack-action-off repeatedly, and only once in a while is there time enough between the clicks, to actually land an attack!

You can see the attack icon at the bottom - When it is 'framed', you are attacking.

...So go download those 15 GB again!  :P
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on 11 January 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Ehmmmm you just right click the target, it is also on the tip. The use abilities with left mouse buttons. Please don't tell me you have 1 buttons mouse or configured with 1 button...
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13” Touch Bar 2017 i7 3.5Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Mantiz Venus eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
LG 34” 34UC88 Ultrawide Display
Steelseries Rival 700, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism

#5 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Location:Somewhere between the computer, the fridge and the nursery

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

No, I have a two-button mouse. To be fair, I know I will never be a subscriber to WoW because it's just not in the cards for me to be paying $15 a month to subscribe to a game. But I have some time to kill between semesters/work assignments and so I thought I'd give it a shot.  It looked real purty but felt laggy and I just don't think it's my thing.

#6 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on 11 January 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

No, I have a two-button mouse. To be fair, I know I will never be a subscriber to WoW because it's just not in the cards for me to be paying $15 a month to subscribe to a game. But I have some time to kill between semesters/work assignments and so I thought I'd give it a shot.  It looked real purty but felt laggy and I just don't think it's my thing.
Well, if you pay for it 6 months at a time, it's only $13 a month. That's about $0.43 per day (30.4 something days per month on average) for pretty top-notch entertainment, at least IMO.  

But, if you don't like it, you don't like it.  :)

Your experience reminds me of when I tried EverQuest for the first time when it came out for the Mac.  I created my toon, got my first quest and then accidentally took a swing at a guard when I was just trying to talk to him.  Needless to say, he (and the other guards in range) let me know how big of a mistake that was by cutting me down in short order.  I hate it when a game makes me feel stupid.  Like I need any help with that.