17 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

Feral Interactive has been hard at work converting their games to a digital download friendly format and Macgamestore has several of the first conversions available now for eager gaming fans. Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, Rome: Total War Gold Edition, and separate versions of Borderlands and its four add-on packs are now available for download and purchase. More digital Feral titles, including Bioshock, will be available in the coming weeks.

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition:
Bloodthirsty bandits. Vicious monsters. Tons of loot. Lock, Load and face the madness. Gearbox Software's acclaimed sci-fi hit comes to the Mac complete with all four add-on packs. Borderlands is a unique hybrid of first person shooter and role-playing game with a super sharp visual style and a compelling 4 player co-op mode.

Planet Pandora is a sparsely populated wasteland where the rule of law gets rewritten daily in the smoke of the last gun battle. Civilization consists of small outposts on the fringe of human influence, in an area called the Borderlands. Pandora's one tourist attraction is a mythical Vault supposedly packed with fantastic riches.

Fortune hunters, corrupt corporate mercenaries and lowlife hoodlums roam the landscape, searching under every grain of sand for the treasure. Since most intelligent life on Pandora has the occupation of Vault Hunter, society has gone to hell - making the outposts and outback areas more than just a little dangerous.

Rome Total War Gold Edition:
Two world dominating games in one! Uniting multi-award winning Rome: Total War and its official expansion pack, Barbarian invasion, you must guide history’s greatest armies to their victories in a game of epic real-time warfare, empire building, politics and treachery.

Play as one of three great Roman families, whose thirst for power will stop at nothing. This the world of Hannibal, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra and a thousand others. This is a world of soldiers, gladiators, tyrants, monsters and fools. It’s a rich, exciting world, awaiting a conqueror – you! You must use military genius to build an empire that stretches across Europe and Africa. Finally march on Rome to seize control of the greatest empire in the world. Then in Barbarian invasion either defend it or lead a Barbarian horde and bring the once mighty empire to its knees.
The Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition costs $49.95, while the standard edition costs $39.95. An add-on pack for the standard edition, featuring four add-on packs, costs $24.95. Rome: Total War Gold Edition is available for $29.95.

Check out the links below to learn more.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:35 AM

I guess MGS is really shaping up to be the Steam alternative for online distribution without the revenue concerns of Steamplay. That definitely allows a broader list of Mac titles for a one stop shop than Steam. Hopefully MGS can continue to distinguish itself once the Mac App Store comes online in January.

#3 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Maybe i will buy Borderlands, i'm thinking of quitting wow since i have too little free time even for casual gaming. I would love to have it on Steam but i know it isn't possible right know. Thanks feral and MGS!
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13” Touch Bar 2017 i7 3.5Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Mantiz Venus eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
LG 34” 34UC88 Ultrawide Display
Steelseries Rival 700, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1475 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Borderlands is a MUST BUY. Completely awesome game. I would have had the review out by now if I wasn't stupidly busy with work and other IMG content. Well actually its done for the main game, I still have to do the DLC since its GOTY edition.

You won't be seeing Feral's titles on Steam..so don't get your hopes up. But do yourself a fun favor and pick the game up..its available from a number of places, but buying from MGS supports IMG so there you go.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

27" iMac, Core i7 Quad 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

#5 bismarrvk

bismarrvk

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

Yeah I have just clicked the checkout button of Borderlands. I know it is a great game!Thanks MGS!

#6 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Gaming way too long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:19 AM

I'm a LVL25 Soldier and I'm not ashamed to admit it! This game is AWESOME!
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT

macOS 10.15.x/Manjario KDE/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#7 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Borderlands is amazing and I own it twice over with all the DLC on Xbox and Steam but I just can't justify paying for it a third time. Steamplay is a driving force in changing user mindsets in how cross platform software is distributed. I understand the logistics and reasoning behind Mac Porting houses not placing their titles on Steam with Steamplay, but Valve, developers, publishers, and porting houses need to square away some sort of new method of revenue distribution.

If I see a sale on Borderlands GOTY Mac for half off or something I might consider dropping on it a 3rd time but it's iffy. I don't know the solution to the Steamplay revenue issue, but I can guarantee I'm more inclined to buy a title if it's available as a SteamPlay title. Certainly in the case of games like Borderlands whence nobody ever expected to see a Mac Port.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
ChonkOpad (iPad Pro 8,9): A12Z @ 2.49ghz || 6GB RAM || 256GB

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17637 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

Is Borderlands co-op only?  Isn't there a single player mode?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 28 December 2010 - 10:58 AM, said:

Is Borderlands co-op only?  Isn't there a single player mode?

There is single-player. It's done Diablo-style where the enemy difficulty scales according to how many people are in a game.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17637 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

Awesome!  This is my kind of game, combining my two favorite game types:  FPS and RPG.  It's why I played Deus Ex into the ground.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1475 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 28 December 2010 - 02:07 PM, said:

Awesome!  This is my kind of game, combining my two favorite game types:  FPS and RPG.  It's why I played Deus Ex into the ground.

Listen to the latest Podcast :) We discuss a lot of details about Borderlands. ;)
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#12 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

View PostWumpus, on 28 December 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

Listen to the latest Podcast :) We discuss a lot of details about Borderlands. ;)
Shameless cross-promotion of the IMG podcast. I am apalled, shocked and apalled. :P

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#13 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

View PostPeopleLikeFrank, on 28 December 2010 - 12:54 PM, said:

There is single-player. It's done Diablo-style where the enemy difficulty scales according to how many people are in a game.

The fun increases exponentially when you play with a good batch of mates. It's a decent game solo, it's downright fantastic with a group. Better loot, harder enemies, beers.
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba

#14 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 28 December 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

The fun increases exponentially when you play with a good batch of mates. It's a decent game solo, it's downright fantastic with a group. Better loot, harder enemies, beers.

Beers ??! Is that one of the GOTY Edition's features ? ;)

#15 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1475 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

View PostSargiel, on 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

Yes, it comes with a nice case of your favorite beer which you can select at checkout.

(I don't know if beer is what he meant to say, or a typo. If the latter I can't guess at what he was trying to say either.)

#16 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

View PostWumpus, on 29 December 2010 - 07:17 AM, said:

Yes, it comes with a nice case of your favorite beer which you can select at checkout.

(I don't know if beer is what he meant to say, or a typo. If the latter I can't guess at what he was trying to say either.)

My experience is you're more likely to have a tasty adult beverage with a group of friends as well, which also can "enhance" the enjoyment of this particular game.

#17 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17637 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

View PostWumpus, on 28 December 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

I've got them both downloaded... dang.  I've got to start listening.  I'll load them onto my iPod and listen today at the gym.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#18 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:36 AM

View PostSargiel, on 29 December 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

None for Sergiel though. :P

View Postmacdude22, on 29 December 2010 - 07:51 AM, said:

My experience is you're more likely to have a tasty adult beverage with a group of friends as well, which also can "enhance" the enjoyment of this particular game.
Hmm, I like that idea. Alchohol makes everything better, except when it does not. ;)

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State