6 replies to this topic

#1 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

I thought to share the first episode link here and get some feedback before moving forward. Its not on iTunes (yet) just where the podcast is being hosted. (Podbean.) Franklin was a little late, but he joins in shortly after we start. Let me know what you think. Its not great being the first one, but I think its all right, and can certainly improve with episode 2 and going forward. We have all sorts of fun topics we can cover in addition to more in-depth discussion about current games.

DL Link (Click to listen, or right click and Save-As/Download As)

Episode Description:
"Jon Carr, Ted Bade and Franklin Pride join in on the relaunch of the IMG podcast. This episode they get things rolling with talk about IMG news, tales of Cataclysm, the Humble Indie Bundle 2, our ongoing game reviews and Frank does his best Tychus Findlay impression."

I welcome all constructive criticism and comments. And most importantly if anyone wants to see/hear an episode 2.

Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2009 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'll get a chance to hear this during my commute next week; will give feedback then...
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#3 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2696 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'll listen it while I'm studying, and I'm starting to study now...
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2696 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 18 December 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

I'll listen it while I'm studying, and I'm starting to study now...

Ok so podcast thoughts: pretty good for the first episode. Was a little awkward at times with the pauses and stuff, but as you and the podcast guys get more familiar with eachother I'm sure it'll start to flow pretty naturally.

I thought that it got kinda off topic a few times, like overly off topic. It seems like a more set list of topics/new items could fix that. Like don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of super scripted discussions, but I thought a few of the topics were kinda dragged out. Not sure if you did this, but it seems like a schedule typed out and emailed to everyone before hand could go a long way to keeping stuff on topic, and would give the crew some time to think about topics and give deeper opinions. I did enjoy the podcast though, and will be subscribing!

Id like to hear you guys talk about the Mac App Store and it's potential and maybe a few things that aren't strictly gaming, but are definitely gaming related - maybe include some hardware chatter as well, although hardware doesn't change all that often on Mac's I suppose...
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#5 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 18 December 2010 - 04:03 PM, said:

I thought that it got kinda off topic a few times, like overly off topic. It seems like a more set list of topics/new items could fix that. Like don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of super scripted discussions, but I thought a few of the topics were kinda dragged out. Not sure if you did this, but it seems like a schedule typed out and emailed to everyone before hand could go a long way to keeping stuff on topic, and would give the crew some time to think about topics and give deeper opinions. I did enjoy the podcast though, and will be subscribing!
I agree, things did sort of go here and there, or stayed on one topic for awhile. We've already been discussing amongst ourselves pretty much what you said. Have more of an overall set of topics picked out ahead of time so we know what's what and can be cleaner about it.

I thought to structure things a little more, have some news, each of us talk about a game of our choice with some more analysis or details that you would have to play to know about, some hardware chatter, and one overall "big" topic like the App Store, or it could be Steam, or OnLive, or DRM, or any number of things. I've got a long list together already to draw from and there's lots more to be done for sure.

View PostSneaky Snake, on 18 December 2010 - 04:03 PM, said:

Id like to hear you guys talk about the Mac App Store and it's potential and maybe a few things that aren't strictly gaming, but are definitely gaming related - maybe include some hardware chatter as well, although hardware doesn't change all that often on Mac's I suppose...
The Mac App store is definitely on the list, and I did want to include some regular hardware chatter. I so happen to have bought a recent high end iMac, but I also have a older but good MBP. But not just computers, but the things we use with them. Keyboards, mice, headphones, speakers, things like that. Obviously how well they perform or relate to gaming as well.

Thank you for listening and your comments! Very helpful, hopefully we'll get some more! :)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#6 Tesseract

Tesseract

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3499 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

I get the impression this is officially sanctioned by IMG? If that's the case, will it be put in the existing feed?

#7 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Yes its sanctioned, and I'm pretty sure it will be going into the existing feed. I'll also be putting it on iTunes, but that may not be the same feed as the old one since I think it needs an account login to do that, and no one know's it. Or whoever does know isn't around anymore.