#1 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

Yes, this is the right category: it's out for Mac (and Windows). On Steam.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

Wow, and here I thought it'd never leave the confines of the iOS. Have you tried it?
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:06 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 17 November 2010 - 06:48 AM, said:

Have you tried it?
Not yet, maybe tonight. I'm really wondering how this will "feel" on something else than a touchscreen.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

Does it even use the touch screen? I kind of thought this game mostly just used the accelerometers... so on a Mac you'd have to rotate the view with a mouse like you do the camera on any other game. I here have to wait until I get my iMac back from the shop later to try it out. Had some backlight problems on it which I'm having sorted out. Steam isn't liking my notebook.
--Tetsuo

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 17 November 2010 - 08:48 AM, said:

Does it even use the touch screen? I kind of thought this game mostly just used the accelerometers... so on a Mac you'd have to rotate the view with a mouse like you do the camera on any other game.
On iDevices, you rotate the object with via touch controls and thus wrap the rope around it. The accelerometers are only used to pull the rope to the side, e.g. to get around a tricky corner – which actually makes me wonder whether this will be possible in the computer versions at all.

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

Okay, I bought it and found time to try it. Looks and sounds nice, but I found the game plays better on iDevices, even when you use a multi-touch trackpad. The controls are much more responsive in the iDevice version and furthermore, it feels much more natural to touch and turn the objects directly on the screen, compared to the more indirect way in the Mac version. The mouse controls feel even less natural.

Sorry, but Zen Bound is made and meant for devices with touchscreens and my recommendation is to buy it for such a device. The computer version is not a complete disaster, but it's just better on iDevices.

#7 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

Eh, I'm still going to give it a try anyway. We differ on opinions on other things and this might be one of those things too. Ironically it started out as  free PC game.

--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said:

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 17 November 2010 - 12:01 PM, said:

Eh, I'm still going to give it a try anyway. We differ on opinions on other things and this might be one of those things too.
Nothing wrong about that. As I said: it's not really bad, I just think it's much more suited for an iDevice. Should you ever have the opportunity to try Zen Bound on one of those, I'm sure you'll agree.

#9 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

If you have a magic trackpad you can use it as on iPhone.
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811