F/A18 OIF

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glider

glider

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

My Mac is running OS10.4.4 and I have a CH Products Flightstick and Pro Throttle.  When I play the F/A18 OIF program the Flightstick operates fine but the Pro Throttle does not work at all.  If I plug in the Pro Throttle only it works fine.  I just can't get both to work at the same time.  Does anyone know if its a limitation of the game (software)?  I'm thinking about buying X-Plane 9 for Mac.  Will it support both USB devices?

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

The USB controller support in OIF was rather flawed from begin with and I'm not sure if it ever was completely fixed. Make sure to install the latest OIF patch, though.

X-Plane has a very generous support for various controlling devices. The CH Products controls you have are even recommended by the developers of X-Plane, so I guess they will work fine.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 glider

glider

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

View Postglider, on 28 October 2010 - 11:05 PM, said:

My Mac is running OS10.4.4 and I have a CH Products Flightstick and Pro Throttle.  When I play the F/A18 OIF program the Flightstick operates fine but the Pro Throttle does not work at all.  If I plug in the Pro Throttle only it works fine.  I just can't get both to work at the same time.  Does anyone know if its a limitation of the game (software)?  I'm thinking about buying X-Plane 9 for Mac.  Will it support both USB devices?

Thank you for the suggestion - I did download the patch previously but still can't get the separate Pro Throttle to operate.   On a different topic does anyone have any experience with USB Overdrive, GamePad, or ControllerMate?  Is one better over the other?  I was hoping for a decent program that could help me map the tons of buttons on the CH devices.  Thanks!

#4 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

View Postglider, on 29 October 2010 - 08:36 AM, said:

On a different topic does anyone have any experience with USB Overdrive, GamePad, or ControllerMate?  Is one better over the other?

USB Overdrive has some issues with not being 100% compatible with everything.  ControllerMate doesn't have that problem in my experience, and is far more flexible (though also more complex).

--Eric