8 replies to this topic

#1 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Just saw on Amazon.co.uk that there's a Battle Chess style game due out 12th November this year slated as being a PC/Mac release. Looking on the developers website (http://www.battlevschess.com/en/) they do list Mac as a supported platform and it's only showing as 9.99 at the moment :)

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

I can't see the website for some reason.. Plays a sound, and then nothing..
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Might be a flash issue.

I've pre-ordered it already on account of nostalgia for the old version of Battle Chess.

Maybe they'll do Chess Boxing next, went to a match yesterday and it was pretty cool.

#4 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hooray for low budget games. Heh. That's what Topware is best known for anyway. Doesn't look half bad. Seeing how the Mac version will be on the same disc as the Windows version I highly suspect it'll utilize Cider.

That's the first time I ever heard of chessboxing. Looks, um... interesting?
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#5 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Hey that looks pretty good! The website only worked in Safari for me (not Chrome or Firefox).

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#6 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

I only use Safari so didn't notice any issues :) I do have Firefox installed "just in case" but I've never had to use it.

It does look amusing though - I'll most likely pick it up.

#7 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

As a kid I enjoyed the old Battle Chess for a while, but it falls into a curious netherworld: if you really want to play chess the animations probably wreck your focus.  If you're enjoying the animations, then the fact that you have to play chess to get to them is annoying.  The premise is cute, but it just doesn't synergize.  I always did one or the other: either I would just pre-set the board so I could watch the more entertaining animations in easy sequence, or I would just switch to the traditional 2D board with no animations if I wanted to play.

#8 PKGuy323

PKGuy323

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

Due to legal issues with InterPlay and the creators of "Battle Chess", this new game is now titled "CheckVsMate". Shows it will be out in the Fall of 2011. Another fine game for OS X! :)

#9 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Well at least it will hopefully come out then... I've had it on pre-order for months.

.... but the heck is going to pay 30 for it on PS3.... that's insane. My pre-order price is 9 for the Mac version.