Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

View PostTesseract, on 21 December 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

Still can't get View New Content to show anything other than the posts since my last visit…  :glare:
Considering thats what it is supposed to do, then I'm not fixing someone elses working code.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#82 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 21 December 2010 - 10:39 PM, said:

Considering thats what it is supposed to do, ...
Depends on your settings. You can either have it to show only the new posts since the last visit, or all unread posts. I think the latter is the one that does not work for Tesseract. For some reason, it works for me, though.  :cool:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#83 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

Please don't get it stuck on reading all unread posts.  That would make my job impossible until I read every fraking post I've missed in the last 7 years.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#84 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

You can stop after the first few pages of results you know.  :cool:

Anyway, it's just annoying because you only get one shot at using the "Posts Since Last Visit" version. After the first use, the meaning of "last visit" changes to "like two seconds ago".

#85 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

View PostTesseract, on 04 January 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

You can stop after the first few pages of results you know.  :cool:

Anyway, it's just annoying because you only get one shot at using the "Posts Since Last Visit" version. After the first use, the meaning of "last visit" changes to "like two seconds ago".

This is true, and it also seems to have changed so that revisiting your search results re-performs the search, even if it's just hitting the back button. I.e. if I hit 'new posts', then an individual thread, if I get distracted by something for ten minutes, and hit 'back' on my browser, I'll get "Sorry, no new posts", even though I was just looking at a list of results a few minutes ago, and didn't perform a 'new' search.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#86 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

I open my "view new content" in a tab and then open threads in a new tab to avoid any rewrites by a back button.  This leaves the forums exactly as I found them when I logged in.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat