#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3017 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Testing to see if I can post anything, after the host change over. Havn't seen anyone post anything all day, despite being logged in. So... *TAP*TAP* this thing on???

:bleedingeyes:

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 J'nathus

J'nathus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

Everyone's playing on their PS3.  :lol:

#3 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

The forum was down all day (well, whenever I checked it was).  So, I'm probably not going to post anything under those circumstances.  However, now it's not down.  Yay!  Anything new & exciting aside from a host change?

--Eric

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3017 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

The forum code was updated in the switch. New version, has some frills around the corners. Theres also a new skin choice to allow dimming the color scheme a bit for pro users (look at the bottom left of the forum pages).

Site should also be much muuuuuuch faster. MacGameFiles.com also got transferred. The other sites are on their way over the next few days.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

Excellent !! Glad IMG is back - I was getting withdrawal symptoms  :wall:

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7214 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

Sweet! The new iPhone scheme is nice — and finally has the option to get new posts. :)

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15809 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

I saw the "under maintenance" page all last night.  When I tried to navigate the site this morning I was plagued with:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.insidemac...orum/index.php?” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

I suffered through half a dozen of those messages and an hour wait just to post this.  Plus... the pages load   S L O W L Y.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3017 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yes. Sorry about that, we are still doing the move, and working on the other sites as well, so things may be intermittently sluggish.

Right 'now' it should be spunky and fine, as we are messing with something else now.

BTW tBC, have fun in the new admin. Some things changed again from 3.0 to 3.1. They never leave anything alone do they ?!?!

-Fm [1oM7]

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15809 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

Yes, it's picked up the pace a lot, I'm not having any problems now.  About the Admin Control Panel, though more functional, it looks more like it did in the very old version!

Spoiler

Edited by the Battle Cat, 02 October 2010 - 05:58 PM.
To cleverly hide sensitive text so users can't tell what their horrible fate will entail

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3017 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

Shhh... you should post that in the Super-Gods Uber Forum of Deth Talking that us admins only have access too. I can move it if you wish?

-Fm [1oM7]

#11 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2222 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

View PostJ, on 01 October 2010 - 06:22 PM, said:

Everyone's playing on their PS3.  :lol:

Except lemon lime. Last I check hes a massive xbox/only got a ps2 for GTA3 type of gamer.
What is a man?

#12 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5239 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

Posted Image

Thank GOD, you got them back online. The Pfhor spammers almost had tBC and I overrun at the bunker; we were gonna have to switch to Fists!
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 1TB Crucial M550 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#13 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

Awesome to see the IMG forums back. Also cool to now have two themes to pick from. The most fascinating difference I found was people's different avatars between the two themes.

#14 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15809 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 02 October 2010 - 12:44 PM, said:

Shhh... you should post that in the Super-Gods Uber Forum of Deth Talking that us admins only have access too. I can move it if you wish?
No worries.  I have cleverly hidden my forbidden post.  I will start a new thread in the Super-Gods Uber Forum of Deth Talking about all the other new and frightening abilities we have.

View PostFrost, on 02 October 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thank GOD, you got them back online. The Pfhor spammers almost had tBC and I overrun at the bunker; we were gonna have to switch to Fists!
Hey thanks for bringing the MADDs online Fm.  You didn't by chance get these from the Marathon Clearance Sale that Durandal was holding did you?  Cause, like, I don't want to die gargling blood.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#15 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 3017 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

I had a couple in storage that I raided from Hastur a while back. These should be good to go.

-Fm [1oM7]

#16 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5239 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 02 October 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hey thanks for bringing the MADDs online Fm.  You didn't by chance get these from the Marathon Clearance Sale that Durandal was holding did you?  Cause, like, I don't want to die gargling blood.
Well, there was one with green legs and a grenade launcher attachment that had a tendency to fly below the set 1.5 meter hover... I turned it off though after it sent a 40mm grenade into Eric's guts when all Eric was doing to offend it was using the mod control panel. Fortunately Eric has plenty of guts so the medical BoBs just removed the messed up bits and sewed him back up. No one's had the stomach to clean up that mess of red goo in the corner that's left from the incident though; we should have that taken care of soon. I think Eric ate Mexican again before that MADD shot him, and the captchas catch so many spammers these days that I think it might not get removed due to the forum's corpse sprite limit before it starts smelling.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 1TB Crucial M550 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#17 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

My tummy hurts.

--Eric

#18 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7214 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:58 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 02 October 2010 - 12:40 PM, said:

Spoiler
:D That was a good one. As if you could...

Hm... this is odd. I never noticed these electrodes attached to my chair... what might they be good for?

*ZAP*

ARGH!

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#19 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15809 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 03 October 2010 - 06:58 AM, said:

:D That was a good one. As if you could...

Hm... this is odd. I never noticed these electrodes attached to my chair... what might they be good for?

*ZAP*

ARGH!
Oops, my bad.  It seems that the lethal current is 0.2 milliamps not 4 amps.  Oh well, live and learn I suppose.  Regardless, we have a GREAT jpg of Janichsan with sparks dancing between his teeth to put on the admin trophy wall.  He's OK folks, he was shocked worse when he heard about Pee Wee Herman's sex scandal.  Still I need to dial this back to about 0.07 milliamps.  Please be patient folks while we calibrate the settings on the new forum.

View PostFrost, on 02 October 2010 - 07:15 PM, said:

Well, there was one with green legs and a grenade launcher attachment that had a tendency to fly below the set 1.5 meter hover... I turned it off though after it sent a 40mm grenade into Eric's guts when all Eric was doing to offend it was using the mod control panel. Fortunately Eric has plenty of guts so the medical BoBs just removed the messed up bits and sewed him back up. No one's had the stomach to clean up that mess of red goo in the corner that's left from the incident though; we should have that taken care of soon. I think Eric ate Mexican again before that MADD shot him, and the captchas catch so many spammers these days that I think it might not get removed due to the forum's corpse sprite limit before it starts smelling.
That's OK.  Eric's made out of rubber.  I've used the Tantalus device to remove the gore, we've had ants in here before and I don't want to go through that again.

View PostEric5h5, on 02 October 2010 - 08:41 PM, said:

My tummy hurts.

--Eric
You big baby.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15809 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

The IMG mail system is buggered.  Entourage has started giving me this message ever since the host change:

Entourage cannot find the server. Verify the server information is entered correctly in the Account Settings, and that your DNS settings in the Network pane of System Preferences are correct.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat