• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LionsRest

LionsRest

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:34 AM

Curious if there's anyone who has insight on the following:
In Career mode, after finishing a stage, I can't use the keyboard to repair the car. The racing wheel controller (Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP Wheel with Pedals) is the only thing the game responds to at that point, and I can't repair anything beyond the first item in the list of damaged parts. The keyboard is totally non responsive at that point.

In Career mode, there seems to be no ability to practice any of the courses. Having not seen any of them before, I was in last place every time. Do I need to compile a list of stages used in Career mode and practice them separately, or am I missing something?

The game seems to work very smoothly, but the wheel seems like it has a delay in the steering. I've set the wheel dead zone for steering to pretty much nothing, but still the car 'waits' to respond to small steering inputs. I end up steering too late in a turn, overcompensating when I have to correct for it, and weaving all over the place. Is this the Logitech wheel, or the game?

The initial car in Career mode, the VW Polo, has a tendency, when taking off from a standstill to miss the shift (manual) from 1st to 2nd gear, and somehow end up in 3rd. Happens almost every time I try to launch the damn thing. Other cars don't seem to have this problem. Is this intentional in the game, or a bug?

The computer is a 27" iMac with the quad-core i7.

Thanks in advance.

#2 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

It is a while since I last played but I have Forumla Force GP as well and there are several screens in the setup menus where I could only use it to make selections - I remember it took ages to get the controls set up the way I wanted because of this and I'd keep getting automatic transmission when I wanted manual etc.

I also have another later Logitech wheel I never managed to get it configured - some buttons weren't recognised at all so I went back to the Formula Force. I agree it would be much better if you could just use the keyboard and mouse to click on the field you want and then make changes.

If you are coming last try changing the tyres to match the type of surface most present on the map previews - I had the same problem until I picked the correct ones for the surface and weather conditions.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#3 bobove

bobove

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

I don't have an answer to your problem. Just wanted to say I have the same problem. Can only make selections using the steering wheel.

Another issue I have is that I can't assign my CH Products Pro Pedals to act as accelerator and brakes.
Anyone using pedals? What brand?

Thanks.

#4 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

View PostLionsRest, on 20 August 2010 - 06:34 AM, said:

Curious if there's anyone who has insight on the following:
In Career mode, after finishing a stage, I can't use the keyboard to repair the car. The racing wheel controller (Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP Wheel with Pedals) is the only thing the game responds to at that point, and I can't repair anything beyond the first item in the list of damaged parts. The keyboard is totally non responsive at that point.

I think you have to use the steering wheel to go through the list of items but it depends on the wheel you are using. Basically as soon as you use a pad or wheel the keyboard sometimes is disabled in menus this is due to the console origins of the game and is the same on the PC.

In Career mode, there seems to be no ability to practice any of the courses. Having not seen any of them before, I was in last place every time. Do I need to compile a list of stages used in Career mode and practice them separately, or am I missing something?

Pretty much you cannot practise a stage during a championship season that would be cheating :) You can however practise rallies in the other modes then return to race them again in the career mode.

The game seems to work very smoothly, but the wheel seems like it has a delay in the steering. I've set the wheel dead zone for steering to pretty much nothing, but still the car 'waits' to respond to small steering inputs. I end up steering too late in a turn, overcompensating when I have to correct for it, and weaving all over the place. Is this the Logitech wheel, or the game?

It appears that this might have started happening with steering wheels (more on newer machines), when we do the next Colin patch we will have a look as this has been reported before by other people not just yourself.

The initial car in Career mode, the VW Polo, has a tendency, when taking off from a standstill to miss the shift (manual) from 1st to 2nd gear, and somehow end up in 3rd. Happens almost every time I try to launch the damn thing. Other cars don't seem to have this problem. Is this intentional in the game, or a bug?

This only happens in certain situations (and can also happen in all cars it's just easier to make happen in the Polo).

******** Throttle on ***********
1.) Start accelerating and shift up before you hit the red line
2.) The gear will stay at 1
3.) Shift up again

The car will go into N then straight into 3rd.

******** Throttle off ***********
1.) Start accelerating
2.) Release the throttle / accelerator quickly
3.) Shift up

The car will shift into 2nd

This happens on all versions of the game and I have seen explanations saying it is due to over torquing the gearbox etc.. truth be told I don't know if it is a bug or a feature :) But if you very briefly get off the throttle while upshifting it won't happen.

View Postmattw, on 20 August 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

It is a while since I last played but I have Forumla Force GP as well and there are several screens in the setup menus where I could only use it to make selections - I remember it took ages to get the controls set up the way I wanted because of this and I'd keep getting automatic transmission when I wanted manual etc.

Some wheels manufactured after the Mac version of the game have some issues, we will be doing a sweep of new wheels when we do this but to help if you can plugin your wheel that does not work and make a support report for us and email our support address that way we can log your specific wheel as one to look at.

I also have another later Logitech wheel I never managed to get it configured - some buttons weren't recognised at all so I went back to the Formula Force. I agree it would be much better if you could just use the keyboard and mouse to click on the field you want and then make changes.

It was the same way on the PC and it was not something easy to fix as the menu logic was "interesting" :-) However it is listed as a look at again item for the next patch.

If you are coming last try changing the tyres to match the type of surface most present on the map previews - I had the same problem until I picked the correct ones for the surface and weather conditions.

That is the best advice :) The correct tires makes a HUGE difference and the default choice is often way off.

View Postbobove, on 31 August 2010 - 12:18 AM, said:

I don't have an answer to your problem. Just wanted to say I have the same problem. Can only make selections using the steering wheel.

Another issue I have is that I can't assign my CH Products Pro Pedals to act as accelerator and brakes.
Anyone using pedals? What brand?

Thanks.

Separate USB cable for the wheels and pedals are not supported in colin at this time. Maybe in the patch. No eta on the patch but it is slowly making it's way up the list just newer game development has to take priority over adding in new support in a fairly old game.

Edwin
Feral Interactive