DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

View PostRanger_Joe, on 27 July 2010 - 05:54 AM, said:

No reply yet from Aspyr.  Maybe it would light a fire under them if we all submitted support requests? =]  http://support.aspyr...dex.php/contact

I like how you think, RJ.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#42 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Steam Name:rangerjoe79

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Aspyr replied yesterday to my support request.  They were looking for more data and I sent them my info from the system profiler.  I hope this is the first step towards figuring out what is happening.

#43 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

A reply from Aspyr Support:

Thank you for providing us with the requested information.  We tested the play by email option for Beyond the Sword between disk and Steam versions and have determined the following:

-The password CANNOT be changed for player or admin settings.  Please only use the default game passwords.  
-When utilizing the emailing IN GAME option, you must be sure that the email address(es) AND SMTP servers are accurate. This is easier with the Steam version as there is a separate server in place for this.
-If the SMTP server cannot be determined for a disk version of the game, please be sure that the EXACT NAMED folder is present in Documents/Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Saves/pbem/(this folder may have to be created by the user if the game was not started on this machine)/save game file to (player).CivBeyondSwordSave
-Once this folder is created, you will need to physically attach this save file to your email and send it to the desired player for them to copy to the exact same destination.

I'll have to take a closer look at this when I get home.

#44 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

I guess what we're looking at is starting over with no custom passwords.  I would email the save file from within the app anyway.

#45 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

View Postdojoboy, on 28 July 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

I guess what we're looking at is starting over with no custom passwords.  I would email the save file from within the app anyway.

It's just as well.  Having studied the few squares available to me on the first turn, I had gone on to deduce from their configuration the precise layout of the entire rest of the world, calculated all possible moves for all players, and proved mathematically (having of course also invented a new branch of math, which I shall call Civulus) that if I just moved my starting settler one spot to the left, it would create a city more perfect than the purest diamond, from which my military juggernaut would have poured forth in an unstoppable tide of righteous fervor, inevitably bringing all the heathenous rabble of the world beneath my shining, glorious boots.

Now I'll just have to take my chances on a new start.  More exciting that way anyhow.  ;)

#46 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:41 AM

View Postdojoboy, on 28 July 2010 - 02:52 PM, said:

Hm... I had trouble with sending the save file from within the game. I hope that doesn't cause any trouble. But otherwise, we can surely start again. It's not as if the game wasn't decided yet. Especially since badger2d completely missed that I strategically placed my city to gain exclusive access to important resources. My Samurai would have crushed his powerless little civilization within no time!

Muahahahahahaaaa!

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#47 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 29 July 2010 - 01:41 AM, said:

Hm... I had trouble with sending the save file from within the game. I hope that doesn't cause any trouble. But otherwise, we can surely start again. It's not as if the game wasn't decided yet. Especially since badger2d completely missed that I strategically placed my city to gain exclusive access to important resources. My Samurai would have crushed his powerless little civilization within no time!

Muahahahahahaaaa!

That should have been "I would not email the save file from within the app anyway."  I hate when I make typos.  Bad Dojoboy! Bad Dojoboy!

#48 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

So potentially we're back on track ? Looking forward to getting my turn :) And thanks to Badger for the timely reminder that you don't get anywhere in multiplayer being a peaceful builder .. unless you're building on the ruins of your enemies ;)

#49 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

View PostSargiel, on 29 July 2010 - 05:53 AM, said:

So potentially we're back on track ? Looking forward to getting my turn :) And thanks to Badger for the timely reminder that you don't get anywhere in multiplayer being a peaceful builder .. unless you're building on the ruins of your enemies ;)
We are indeed back on track. I've created a new game without modifying the passwords at all.  I hope that it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.  At least until my trireme runs into Dojoboy's ironclad anyway.

#50 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Civilization!!

I hope you grown guys don't cry when I take all your capitals pre-1000AD.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#51 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 July 2010 - 07:03 AM, said:

Civilization!!

I hope you grown guys don't cry when I take all your capitals pre-1000AD.

WHat?!  You can't even breathe the terran air.

#52 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

Zerg rush!

#53 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Wish I would have seen this thread before you guys had started up, I wouldn't have minded joining you.  :nods:

#54 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

View PostXxtraLarGe, on 29 July 2010 - 07:58 AM, said:

Wish I would have seen this thread before you guys had started up, I wouldn't have minded joining you.  :nods:
Well, if you had only seen this thread on July 23... :P

But since the game hasn't really started yet (again), I guess it wouldn't be impossible to join. Depends on our Dungeon Civilization Master, though.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#55 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 29 July 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

Well, if you had only seen this thread on July 23... :P
I know I've seen it previously, I'm just saying I wish I would have joined before you guys got started initially...

#56 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

View PostXxtraLarGe, on 29 July 2010 - 08:45 AM, said:

I know I've seen it previously, I'm just saying I wish I would have joined before you guys got started initially...
Hey.  The second attempt at the pbem game launched earlier this morning.  Sorry XxtraLarGe.  However, if technical issues sink the current attempt, you are quite welcome to join a third try. =]

#57 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3813 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

I expect the other players to quit due to my mighty forces in a few days, so then we begin again.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#58 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 July 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:

I expect the other players to quit due to my mighty forces in a few days, so then we begin again.

It's on its way to you.

I'm tied for first-place!   :D

#59 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3813 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Ach, I'll have to wait with my move until wednesday with my move, since I won't be home from vacation until then.. :(

#60 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3813 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

I now have gunpowder, anyone want to surrender?