18 replies to this topic

#1 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

I'm just wondering if anyone has used the submit a request feature when they have a problem with macgamestore. I'd kind of like to know how long it should take to get a response back. I put in a request 8 days ago and have not gotten anything back. All it says is "Being processed"

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm going to move this to the IMG Website Network Feedback forum.  So hold onto your support ticket because you are already on your way!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

I'm assuming you mean the support website and chose something along the lines of "Feature Request" ? You may not see a response to those, as they are not something that needs to be given immediate help. It is more of a direct line to send in ideas, but not really get a response. Think of it as the Suggestions Box at a grocery market... stuff goes in, but nothing comes out.

I'm not saying they don't listen to the suggestions, its just not something of high priority to give a response back, as all responses would be along the lines of "Thank you for your suggestions, yadda yadda blah blah, more canned response text here.".

Also, they tend to not simply "close" the ticket, because it looks like they tossed it. Normally those dont get 'closed' until at such time the feature has been implemented, or deemed never to be implemented. So you may be waiting a LOT longer than 8 days for that to occur.

If it was something that you needed help with, then you may create a new (or alter the) ticket to a category that warrants direct help with an issue.

Hope that helps.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for moving it to the proper forum, wasn't sure whether it should go here or the general forum.

No this isn't a feature request per say. It is a Starcraft 2 pre-order credit card issue. Starcraft 2 is coming out near enough to when my credit card expires and my bank gave me new card with a different number. So I was kind of hoping that a title like "Credit Card Change on a Pre Order" might get someones attention and hopefully I'd be able to change the card that they would end up billing. But so far no luck.   :unsure:

#5 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:01 AM

For what it's worth, if there's a credit problem I imagine they will contact you and not just cancel the pre-order. Credit cards are often cancelled or expire. Not making excuses for them, just trying to help you breathe a little easier.

Of course, with a game like SC2 I understand perfectly why you'd prefer not to delay the order.

If there's a way to send a followup for the same ticket, I'd do so. 8 days is too long.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Ah, sorry, I read it backwards what you sent in ;)

Yeah, legitimate question. Answer? Hmm. I don't do the support tickets on the MGS support site, so I can't really say here either. Curious though why no one has answered the ticket... I've actually never used the support system, so I don't know what sort of *bump* features it may have/not. What I can do, is bug them to take a look at it.

Edit: if the only information that changed on your card is the expire date, then that can be easily changed without any security issues. If a whole new number was issued, then it gets tricky.

Note: if ANYONE 'calls' you claiming to be from Mac Game Store, and requests any of your credit card information that is NOT just the expire date, then hang up on them. They are scammin you because they read the forum.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#7 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 14 July 2010 - 11:06 AM, said:

Ah, sorry, I read it backwards what you sent in ;)

Yeah, legitimate question. Answer? Hmm. I don't do the support tickets on the MGS support site, so I can't really say here either. Curious though why no one has answered the ticket... I've actually never used the support system, so I don't know what sort of *bump* features it may have/not. What I can do, is bug them to take a look at it.

Much appreciated, Thanks

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Note: if ANYONE 'calls' you claiming to be from Mac Game Store, and requests any of your credit card information that is NOT just the expire date, then hang up on them. They are scammin you because they read the forum.
Hey!  Who's side are you on my brother?!?!?  Dang.  Now I'm going to have to pay for all of that catnip out of my own pocket!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:21 AM

The above is of course not true. Please post your credit card information as a PM to me, and please include naked pictures of your wife so we can make sure that you are who you say you are (Unless you are married to tBC of course, in that case we don't need pictures).
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 July 2010 - 04:21 AM, said:

T(Unless you are married to tBC of course, in that case we don't need [naked] pictures).
Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaaah</GeorgeTakei>
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 16 July 2010 - 08:36 AM, said:

Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaaah</GeorgeTakei>
YOu have burned my eyes!!!

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#12 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for keeping me entertained while I was waiting for someone at macgamestore to respond.

They eventually responded and let me cancel the order and then re-order it with my new credit card. They even were kind enough to tell me they would give me the 10% discount on the the new order, I had pre-ordered  Starcraft II during customer appreciation week using the TENOFF code.

Unfortunately no discount was applied to my current order, and when I posted another comment saying that on July 28, it was seemingly ignored as the request on July 31 was considered resolved and closed.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, and say that perhaps they credited the 10% and it hasn't shown up yet on my credit card account. But then why would they close my request without saying anything about it?

#13 Jude

Jude

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

You can reopen the ticket just by posting to it again, I think.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com

#14 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

Yeah I did that and got a response today from Tuncer. We talked over the phone and he resolved the issue, maybe not exactly the way I had expected but I'm satisfied. :)

#15 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

View PostRGoulder, on 01 August 2010 - 06:21 PM, said:

Yeah I did that and got a response today from Tuncer. We talked over the phone and he resolved the issue, maybe not exactly the way I had expected but I'm satisfied. :)

Good for him. And good for you for your patience. I was in a Target store yesterday, got to hear two patrons yelling at the staff and telling each other that if they didn't satisfaction soon they were going to "talk to Max", presumably a lawyer. Of course, the staff they were yelling at were not the ones who had screwed up, if in fact anyone had.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#16 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

Yeah, normally MGS isn't very screwy on its customer service... things must have gotten out of hand, or lost in the mix, or something. It happens, but its good to always keep a level head about it. MOST companies are not out to screw the customer (they don't stay companies for long doing that!). Glad everything got resolved though. How are you enjoying SC2?

-Fm [1oM7]

#17 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

I've bought a number of games from them in the past with no problems, but never a boxed title. So I'll continue to buy games from them, though maybe not another boxed title pre-order. ;)

I haven't gotten Starcraft 2 yet, I got the saver shipping, so USPS has been electronically notified only. Hopefully sometime this week it will ship. I've been patient and waited this long, I think I can wait a few days more.

#18 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

Got the game yesterday :D

My first impressions of Starcraft 2 is its a fun game as long as you overlook a few issues with installing the game and an overdone piracy protection system.

Having the installer quit the first time I started it up wasn't the greatest first impression and being forced to download the update before I could actually play the game isn't really something I'm that happy with either. I understand why they did it, so that if you play multiplayer you're not having to download it when you decide to play against a human being but I'm not horribly interested in the multiplayer aspect so I kind of wish I had a choice to not download the update and just play the darn game like I can with steam.

I'm also not a huge fan of having to make a battle.net account to install the game, then have to login when I start up the game after an update that eventually downloaded. Then sometime during my hours of gameplay I lost my internet connect and while I could continue to play the game, it told me that none of the achievements would be given. Not sure why they couldn't take a page from dragon age and give me the achievements and just wait until I was back online to update them.

The authentication key is normal and acceptable but why do I have to keep login in to battle.net to play a single player game or use the map editor. I understand they want to protect their product from being pirated but really, I think some of this is overkill.

But once the hassles of all of that where mostly out of the way, the game is fun. I don't have a great machine that can run this thing at the highest settings, my macbook pro is 2 1/2 years old now so it met the minimal requirements only for the graphic card. I have always enjoyed clicking on the units from starcraft and warcraft until they start spouting some random quote from star trek or aliens or monty python. All and all worth the wait.

#19 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

Good to hear. And I entirely agree with how 'rocky' installs and new products go. By the time I get something, I have to end up downloading gigs of updates for it  :angry:

And your concern on the battle.net login thing is very valid. Its downright stupid to have to login to play a flippen solo game! That right there is why I wont buy it until I see a working hack/update to end that nonsense.

I do understand why they require a connection for achievements... people in the past had been able to figure out how to edit a saved game or file to get them achievements they actually never achieved. The constant connection is part of the confirmation system they built. It logs everything online, instead of locally, so there is no file that can be edited/spoofed.

Anyhow, happy gaming! Glad you finally got it after that ordeal!

-Fm [1oM7]