5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:14 AM

At this year's Game Developers Conference, Razer, a manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle peripherals, announced an effort to increase support for Mac users by issuing driver support for all upcoming Razer products, including the Razer StarCraft II peripheral suite.

“I’m very proud to say that at Razer, we are committed to supporting both Mac and PC gamers,” said Robert “Razerguy” Krakoff, president, Razer USA. “We are constantly working to increase driver support for Mac with our existing Razer products and have plans to release all of our new products with dedicated Mac and PC drivers. This is a really exciting opportunity to expand the gaming industry and make it more inclusive for Mac users by providing the same level of support that we give to our PC users.”

In April of 2008, the Razer DeathAdder™ for Mac was revealed, crafted specifically to provide Max OS X users with the same legendary ergonomic form factor and precision enjoyed by the PC gaming community. Complete with lunar white accents to accentuate the crisp, clean lines customary to Apple® products, the Razer DeathAdder for Mac is loaded with 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ technology and five independently programmable Razer Hyperesponse™ buttons.

Today, Razer is proud to offer several options for the Mac gaming community, providing full Mac support for the Razer Naga™, the world’s best selling MMO gaming mouse, as well as the Razer DeathAdder, a cult favorite among the right-handed gaming community. Razer is completely committed to supporting Mac users and will be releasing drivers to equip existing products with Mac compatibility. Basic Mac support is already available for the Razer Orochi™, Razer Mamba™ and Razer Imperator™, with further updates scheduled for later this year.
Follow the links below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Gaming way too long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1687 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

...would be nice to use a native Razer Diamondback Mac driver rather than using Pro|Click, USB Overdrive or something else...
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT

macOS 10.15.x/Manjario KDE/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#3 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

When you talk about drivers for a mouse .. I'm assuming the basic device functions fine out the box but if you want to change dpi and/or do anything fancy then you need drivers ? The reason I ask is I need a wired mouse to use on my Mac OS/RISC OS setup so need it to work out the box as a standard usb mouse for it to be viable on RISC OS. And I'm liking the blue light on the Deathadder as it matches my RISC OS system's lighting :)

Edit: Hmm possibly this thread was a bit old to have posted in .. but a bit of necromancy never hurt anyone .. right ? RIGHT ? :D

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3460 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Ya the Razer driver's will give you access to things like on-the-fly sensitivity chaining, dpi and Hz adjustments, and stuff. Plus all the normal stuff like mapping macro's to mouse buttons, or mapping then to specific OS stuff etc.
2019 16" MBP: i7 9750H @ 2.6 GHz || Radeon 5500M 4GB || 16 GB DDR4 || 512 GB SSD || macOS Catalina
Desktop PC: R5 3600X || RTX 2080 || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB 970 EvoPlus + 1TB Seagate FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#5 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1475 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

Am I the only one who noticed this was posted March 12th, 2010?
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

27" iMac, Core i7 Quad 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

#6 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostWumpus, on 04 September 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Am I the only one who noticed this was posted March 12th, 2010?
Yeah, when I read that Sargiel was thinking about the long awakening of this thread, I read the initial post date. I think it might have been a little long…the body a little too cold. ;)

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State