dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

I didn't trigger the secret mission when I played 'Media Blitz.'  I've got three missions left in the campaign, beginning with 'The Gates of Hell.'  I want to go back and play 'Media Blitz' first to trigger the secret mission.  Can I trigger it and play it?  If so, can I pick up where I was in the campaign or will I be forced to continue the campaign from the secret mission?  Just want to be clear.  Thanks.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#142 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

View Postdojoboy, on 08 August 2010 - 09:10 PM, said:

I didn't trigger the secret mission when I played 'Media Blitz.'  I've got three missions left in the campaign, beginning with 'The Gates of Hell.'  I want to go back and play 'Media Blitz' first to trigger the secret mission.  Can I trigger it and play it?  If so, can I pick up where I was in the campaign or will I be forced to continue the campaign from the secret mission?  Just want to be clear.  Thanks.

Haven't gotten there yet, but you can go back and play any mission to get bonuses or achievements you've missed, and it will just give you those bonuses. So you should be fine to go back & play it without losing your progress.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#143 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

View PostPeopleLikeFrank, on 09 August 2010 - 06:48 AM, said:

Haven't gotten there yet, but you can go back and play any mission to get bonuses or achievements you've missed, and it will just give you those bonuses. So you should be fine to go back & play it without losing your progress.

Nope.  It wouldn't let me destroy the building.  I did pick up an achievement I missed the first time, but was disappointed that I couldn't access the secret mission.  The only variable I can think of, that might be an issue, is I had destroyed all Dominion buildings before I tried to destroy the science building.

#144 Breadfan

Breadfan

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Steam Name:Breadfan

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

Dojo--not sure of if I understood your post above but I couldn't outright attack the science building on my first runthrough, either. Instead, I was forced to hit the building with either the Odin's or some Thor's "Barrage" special attack for it to fall. The special mission was fun to play--some pretty decent tension build-up.
My dad is Black Elvis and I am the Robot Devil

Pints are just too perfect to change. 0.5 litres is too little and 1 litre is too much.--divadsci (from reddit)

#145 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

View PostBreadfan, on 11 August 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

Dojo--not sure of if I understood your post above but I couldn't outright attack the science building on my first runthrough, either. Instead, I was forced to hit the building with either the Odin's or some Thor's "Barrage" special attack for it to fall. The special mission was fun to play--some pretty decent tension build-up.

I was finally successful.  Someone on the Blizzard SC2 forum had a similar issue and found that placing the marines "on the attack" (far right "attack" button) did the the trick.  The secret mission was fun.

#146 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

I've come to the conclusion that there is a lot of stuff in this game that will keep it interesting to me for a long time. Nicely done Blizzard.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#147 pantherv

pantherv

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Steam Name:panthervca

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Just finished the single campaign. Not sure if i like the mission layouts completely. I kinda felt like i was in a choose your own adventure game while I knew no matter what i am going to play all the missions. Yes a few of the choices determine what units you will get or what enemy you will face, but i never felt like it was critical to say go rescue the colonist,because i know no matter how long i wait, they will be alive when i choose the mission finally. It be nice to see in a game like this real true consequences for not going to save them, ie they die after like 2 missions because they were wiped out while you did something else. Finally at the end though I felt like I was in a real battle much they way i felt in sc when it built up to the end missions.
MP 2.66 QC/8GB/1TB WD Velicoraptor/10.8/GT120/Lacie 234 24in/1TB Gtech/Razer Black Widow Mac Edition Keyboard/Logitech G500 Mouse/Razer eXactMat.Audioengine A5 & A8 Speakers & Sub.
iPhone 4s/32GB/Speck Case
iPad Mini Retina 64

#148 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

View Postpantherv, on 11 August 2010 - 11:51 AM, said:

Just finished the single campaign. Not sure if i like the mission layouts completely. I kinda felt like i was in a choose your own adventure game while I knew no matter what i am going to play all the missions. Yes a few of the choices determine what units you will get or what enemy you will face, but i never felt like it was critical to say go rescue the colonist,because i know no matter how long i wait, they will be alive when i choose the mission finally. It be nice to see in a game like this real true consequences for not going to save them, ie they die after like 2 missions because they were wiped out while you did something else. Finally at the end though I felt like I was in a real battle much they way i felt in sc when it built up to the end missions.

I've enjoyed the game quite a bit so far, but this would be my biggest complaint too. I think they actually would have made the game more re-playable if they had some branching decision like that. Either you can do this mission or that mission, but not both, sort of like they do with the Protoss/Zerg research.

#149 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

This game is super addicting
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odin - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#150 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

The future is NOW

#151 DrJohnFever

DrJohnFever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

View Postbadger2d, on 01 April 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

This looks good, in theory. However, I doubt the controls will work even half as good as the good ol' mouse and keyboard.

#152 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostDrJohnFever, on 01 April 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

This looks good, in theory. However, I doubt the controls will work even half as good as the good ol' mouse and keyboard.
Well...not to spoil things, but what is today's date?

--Eric

#153 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 01 April 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

--Eric

SSsh!  This is just starting to get good!  :P

#154 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15855 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

View Postbadger2d, on 01 April 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

I disagree.  The present is now.  FLAME WAR ON!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#155 DrJohnFever

DrJohnFever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

View PostEric5h5, on 01 April 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

--Eric
/facepalm  :bleedingeyes:

#156 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 01 April 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

Only in your blind and shortsighted Western concept of "time".

That's right, blind AND shortsighted.  Booyah!

#157 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 01 April 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

psssh look at this fanboy. Troll!! TROLLL!!

ban him
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odin - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#158 Valor

Valor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

Clan xN is a nearly formed clan as a result of two clans merging together. We have around 20 active members and are looking for more! We are focused on creating a well mannered, fun community. Our goal is to become a known clan within the Starcraft 2 community while advancing to higher levels. We have members of every league; as well as several masters and several high diamond players. Coaching is offered to clan members from our higher level players. Will be actively holding tournaments on z33k(We also have several casters), participating in many clan wars, having set clan practices, and much more. If you are interested please check out our new website!

Our next z33k qualifying tournament is this Saturday! be sure to check it out!
http://www.z33k.com/...ga-tournament-3

CLAN WEBSITE: http://clanxn.enjin.com/home

Also if any other clan would like to have a clan war please let us know :)

#159 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5274 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Well, I'm late as hell to the party, but... I just acquired an Intel Mac about a month ago, and I finally decided on my first Intel Mac game purchase for it earlier today.

StarCraft 2 is on the way! Don't know if any of you guys are still playing at all, but once I get it in and get my head wrapped around how things work now, I wouldn't mind reliving the old days and handing some AI Zerg their ugly little asses.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 1TB Crucial M550 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#160 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostFrost, on 10 April 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Well, I'm late as hell to the party, but... I just acquired an Intel Mac about a month ago, and I finally decided on my first Intel Mac game purchase for it earlier today.

StarCraft 2 is on the way! Don't know if any of you guys are still playing at all, but once I get it in and get my head wrapped around how things work now, I wouldn't mind reliving the old days and handing some AI Zerg their ugly little asses.

Sure, Starcraft 2 is a game you will play for many years to come! I'm playing less just because i have very little free time. Stracraft 2 expansion should be out soon too!
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811