Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 06 March 2010 - 08:09 AM, said:

Reposting this here:

I'd like to also note, that the "View New Posts" is much different now.

1) It wont error on you with bright red boxes and flashing lights if no new posts exist. It will now say there simply are no new posts.

2) You get the link by clicking the text link on the upper right under the header/nav band. The link is right next to the RSS feed icon. So you can use that now for bookmarks if you had them, because the old bookmarked link wont result in anything.
BTW, every time I see that RSS feed icon sitting right next to "View New Content," I think that RSS feed applies to the new content. It doesn't. I click the icon and it gives me these choices:
  • Community Calendar
In a nutshell, the placement is bad UI design. But, I don't know if there is anything you can do about it.

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#42 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

You can put a piece of masking tape on your monitor to cover it up.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#43 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

View PostBernie, on 21 March 2010 - 01:32 PM, said:

BTW, every time I see that RSS feed icon sitting right next to "View New Content," I think that RSS feed applies to the new content. It doesn't. I click the icon and it gives me these choices:
  • Community Calendar
In a nutshell, the placement is bad UI design. But, I don't know if there is anything you can do about it.
They put it there. I never moved it. I could move it, but that would require effort. HAHAHA.... uhm. Yeah.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#44 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 21 March 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

You can put a piece of masking tape on your monitor to cover it up.
I used white-out.

View PostFrigidman, on 21 March 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

They put it there. I never moved it. I could move it, but that would require effort. HAHAHA.... uhm. Yeah.
Don't even think about it, then. I'd rather have you in the forum than behind the forum while I can.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#45 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Anywhere but under the forum because he is just the kind of guy to look up everyone's dress.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#46 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

The past week the "View New Content" has only shown one or less (i.e. none) topics that has been updates since last time... and since I've been on a field station it's been days between my checks.

Don't know if it's my cookies that are messed up... but then I'm really good at baking... my brownies have caused riots... or if somebody is impersonating me just to clear my unviewed content... and left a trail of litterbox sand behind...
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#47 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

View PostWhaleman, on 29 March 2010 - 02:35 AM, said:

The past week the "View New Content" has only shown one or less (i.e. none) topics that has been updates since last time... and since I've been on a field station it's been days between my checks.

Don't know if it's my cookies that are messed up... but then I'm really good at baking... my brownies have caused riots... or if somebody is impersonating me just to clear my unviewed content... and left a trail of litterbox sand behind...
Your cookies aren't messed up; people get messed up from eating your cookies. Your brownies don't cause riots; your brownies cause the munchies (and the lack of interest in rioting). I'll wash my feet.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#48 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

"View New Content" is fine here.

--Eric

#49 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

"View New Content" has been working for me.  Try deleting your cookies.  And Bernie, stay out of my litterbox, those nuggets of wisdom are beyond the understanding of men.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#50 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

I think there is a cutoff date with the view new posts... it doesnt appear to be a setting I can adjust though. So if you have been away for TOO LONG, then the new posts either get truncated, or only shows whats new today or something. I will have to test, and stay away from the forum for a week and see what happens.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#51 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

Well, I never saw this thread update either... All I got he past 24 hours are the IMG news posts and as most one "normal" topic when I checked.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#52 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • 5632 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

View PostBernie, on 29 March 2010 - 03:20 AM, said:

Your cookies aren't messed up; people get messed up from eating your cookies. Your brownies don't cause riots; your brownies cause the munchies (and the lack of interest in rioting). I'll wash my feet.

You wouldn't know... you're just mad because tBC ate all the brownies and all you got to do was smell his burp.

***END MESSAGE***

#53 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

View PostWhaleman, on 30 March 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

smell his burp.
Friskies Herbal Chocolate Tuna Delight
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#54 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

View PostWhaleman, on 30 March 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

You wouldn't know... you're just mad because tBC ate all the brownies and all you got to do was smell his burp.
tBC's burps are strong enough to get the work done... whatever work you just so happen to need doing. In fact, his burps are always to the tune of Dirty Deeds.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#55 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

Anyone else seeing weird things with Safari 4.1?  Ever since I upgraded yesterday, the IMG forums have sometimes been weirding out.  Like I'll have a few tabs open, close some, hit reply...but then it re-opens once of my closed tabs and switches to it.  But it only does that sometimes, not always.  It's only been IMG so far, though I haven't used 4.1 enough to know if it's any other sites yet.

--Eric

#56 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 08 June 2010 - 03:50 PM, said:

Anyone else seeing weird things with Safari 4.1?  Ever since I upgraded yesterday, the IMG forums have sometimes been weirding out.  Like I'll have a few tabs open, close some, hit reply...but then it re-opens once of my closed tabs and switches to it.  But it only does that sometimes, not always.  It's only been IMG so far, though I haven't used 4.1 enough to know if it's any other sites yet.

--Eric
I'll get right on that, give it my best shot!

::goes crab fishing with body parts instead::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#57 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

The "show me all content that I have not read" setting for View New Content doesn't seem to work. It's still showing me only what's new since my last visit.