Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

View Postdojoboy, on 07 March 2010 - 07:03 AM, said:

I've forced refreshed, no change.  I've cleard cache and deleted all IMG cookies, no change.  Using Firefox 3.6, and noticed the same avatar issue in Safari.  I've deleted cookies and cache, plus forced refreshed.
Well HMMM. I did find an issue with NEW avatars I fixed friday. As you can see (or maybe not?) I have a new avatar now. My profile image changed too, but its the same image so only the filename changed.

This is odd dojo. Is anyone else seeing missing avatars and profile photos? I need a polling, wonder if there is something going bad somewhere with a proxy maybe? Dojo, you arnt behind any proxy you know of, right?

View Postdojoboy, on 07 March 2010 - 07:03 AM, said:

The two current threads on Steam.  It all worked fine from the forum itself, but I was referring to following a link from an instant email notification.  I'll see what happens on the next instant email notification.
Ok. Yeah, the instant email may or may not have the bit in the url of "getnewpost" (which causes it to do a jump down to the new post since you've been in the thread). I looked for the email templates... they don't exist to be edited. It would be something I have to dig into the core to fix. So I will just leave that one alone.

As for the jumping too far bug though, that is odd. I do notice something weird when I click to go to a specific post, like the link of "# Today, 07:03 AM # By: dojoboy". It goes to the thread, and jumps to the post but then the page does a little bouncy up (like more of the page is being written). However after all has settled down, it is resting right at the top of the post in question where the poster name is in view (that horizontal box of darker bluegray).

I wish I could reproduce these. I tried in my firefox 3.6, my safari, and my *urk* opera. Didn't try chrome... thats a null browser to me lol... and we dont support IE at ALL.

We need someone else to report they are seeing this problem. So, any other readers of this thread, please try out some of the problems dojo is seeing and report back! I'm not saying "its just you dojo..." but I do want to know if its a very isolated bug that currently you have hit, and anyone else has yet or not.

Sorry for the troubles.

On an unrelated note... is anyone else seeing CRAP with this smiley:

:nods:

In safari and opera it seems fine. But here in firefox 3.6, its all white smeary and blinks out at times.

???

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 07 March 2010 - 09:22 AM, said:

This is odd dojo. Is anyone else seeing missing avatars and profile photos? I need a polling, wonder if there is something going bad somewhere with a proxy maybe? Dojo, you arnt behind any proxy you know of, right?

Well, I'm behind a wireless router that three machines are on.  Does that count?  I've not set up any proxies.

In safari and opera it seems fine. But here in firefox 3.6, its all white smeary and blinks out at times.

???

Yes.  It streaks during the animation.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#23 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

View Postdojoboy, on 07 March 2010 - 09:31 AM, said:

Well, I'm behind a wireless router that three machines are on.  Does that count?  I've not set up any proxies.
Naw. I myself am behind a firewall dhcp wireless router which is plugged to another firewalled dhcp dsl modem which is connected to the CO which is doing the same thing. So I think you are fine there. Just seeing if maybe some ISP is caching things for you and not sending along the important bits of images.

Have you tried loading the missing images directly? Like, right-click on missing image link and select "View Image" (or copy paste the url to a new browser window). And does the server give some sort of 404 error, a blank page, or something else? Also hard refresh that url see if it makes any difference (prolly wont).

Cant help but think this is a cache issue with either your ISP, or the servers at IMG. Why you wouldnt have hit a good server on IMG yet though is baffling, because when I see the cache issue on IMG crop up, if I reload a page, its hit or miss when images show up. However the server guys at IMG assured me the image cache system was fixed last week (and all the problems I saw with new images went away at that time for me... grrr).

Have you uploaded a new avatar? Cause your avatar to me looks new than what I remember. EDIT: It looks like a jaggies bland gray eagle. Its url is: http://www.insidemac...ads/av-2114.png

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#24 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 07 March 2010 - 09:43 AM, said:

Naw. I myself am behind a firewall dhcp wireless router which is plugged to another firewalled dhcp dsl modem which is connected to the CO which is doing the same thing. So I think you are fine there. Just seeing if maybe some ISP is caching things for you and not sending along the important bits of images.

Have you tried loading the missing images directly? Like, right-click on missing image link and select "View Image" (or copy paste the url to a new browser window). And does the server give some sort of 404 error, a blank page, or something else? Also hard refresh that url see if it makes any difference (prolly wont).

Cant help but think this is a cache issue with either your ISP, or the servers at IMG. Why you wouldnt have hit a good server on IMG yet though is baffling, because when I see the cache issue on IMG crop up, if I reload a page, its hit or miss when images show up. However the server guys at IMG assured me the image cache system was fixed last week (and all the problems I saw with new images went away at that time for me... grrr).

Have you uploaded a new avatar? Cause your avatar to me looks new than what I remember. EDIT: It looks like a jaggies bland gray eagle. Its url is: http://www.insidemac...ads/av-2114.png

The email notification link worked perfectly on this one.  I'll try uploading the avatar as you suggest, but I did upload the new avatar after the forum changed.

When I right-click show image link, I get a "page not found" error page.

Edited by dojoboy, 07 March 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#25 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

I know have a silhouette of a man for my avatar, which was just a black space before.  I'm assuming it's the result of something you did.  When I noticed it, I uploaded my avatar again, but the silhouette is still there.  My avatar does appear on my forum posts, just not at the top right or in my profile view.

#26 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

View Postdojoboy, on 07 March 2010 - 09:56 AM, said:

I know have a silhouette of a man for my avatar, which was just a black space before.  I'm assuming it's the result of something you did.  When I noticed it, I uploaded my avatar again, but the silhouette is still there.  My avatar does appear on my forum posts, just not at the top right or in my profile view.
The ghost image is your Profile Photo (its different than the avatar, and has a 'thumbnail' with it that is used in the upper right corner next to your member tools dropdown). You will need to go upload a new profile photo in your settings (its above Avatar upload or this link: http://www.insidemac...bers&area=photo).

Try uploading a new photo. I went in and deleted the entry for your old photo, which appeared to be corrupted file on the server. Might have been a cause for trouble.

-Fm [1oM7]

#27 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 07 March 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

The ghost image is your Profile Photo (its different than the avatar, and has a 'thumbnail' with it that is used in the upper right corner next to your member tools dropdown). You will need to go upload a new profile photo in your settings (its above Avatar upload or this link: http://www.insidemac...bers&area=photo).

Try uploading a new photo. I went in and deleted the entry for your old photo, which appeared to be corrupted file on the server. Might have been a cause for trouble.

WAD.  I believe user ignorance contributed to my issues.

#28 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

View Postdojoboy, on 07 March 2010 - 10:18 AM, said:

WAD.  I believe user ignorance contributed to my issues.
It just may be confusing thats all. Because a profile photo, is big... thus, a photo. However they went and made this 'thumbnail' of it and put it in the upper right. So it looks like an avatar. However its not your avatar. That is what is on posts. Eh? Weird huh. I don't know why they didnt just put the avatar in the upper right instead. AH WELL.

-Fm [1oM7]

#29 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

I LOVE THIS LACK OF SPAM!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#30 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 07 March 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

I LOVE THIS LACK OF SPAM!!

I find your lack of spam...disturbing.  Now what will you fill your days with, if you're not deleting spam all the time?

--Eric

#31 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

I feel so much more empowered to kill the enemy with these new tools. Almost like...

DESIGNATION: FROST PRIME
MISSION: ERADICATE SPAMUNISM

*hurls a 2 ton yield nuclear weapon at what spammers are left like a quarterback tossing a football*

"SPAMUNISM IS A LIE!"

*powers down the spammers' defenses*

"IMG WILL NEVER FALL TO SPAMUNISM!"
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#32 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Ok. Yeah, the instant email may or may not have the bit in the url of "getnewpost" (which causes it to do a jump down to the new post since you've been in the thread). I looked for the email templates... they don't exist to be edited. It would be something I have to dig into the core to fix. So I will just leave that one alone.

As for the jumping too far bug though, that is odd. I do notice something weird when I click to go to a specific post, like the link of "# Today, 07:03 AM # By: dojoboy". It goes to the thread, and jumps to the post but then the page does a little bouncy up (like more of the page is being written). However after all has settled down, it is resting right at the top of the post in question where the poster name is in view (that horizontal box of darker bluegray).

I wish I could reproduce these. I tried in my firefox 3.6, my safari, and my *urk* opera. Didn't try chrome... thats a null browser to me lol... and we dont support IE at ALL.

We need someone else to report they are seeing this problem. So, any other readers of this thread, please try out some of the problems dojo is seeing and report back! I'm not saying "its just you dojo..." but I do want to know if its a very isolated bug that currently you have hit, and anyone else has yet or not.

Sorry for the troubles.

???

The quote links seem to work ok for me (FF 3.6). I don't have any email notification turned on though.

The nodding smiley has been broken since before the upgrade - I'm pretty sure it was a FF update that did it.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#33 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 07 March 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

I find your lack of spam...disturbing.  Now what will you fill your days with, if you're not deleting spam all the time?--Eric
Internet pr0n!!

View PostFrost, on 07 March 2010 - 04:01 PM, said:

I feel so much more empowered to kill the enemy with these new tools. Almost like...DESIGNATION: FROST PRIMEMISSION: ERADICATE SPAMUNISM*hurls a 2 ton yield nuclear weapon at what spammers are left like a quarterback tossing a football*"SPAMUNISM IS A LIE!"*powers down the spammers' defenses*"IMG WILL NEVER FALL TO SPAMUNISM!"
I know.  I just want to kill something now with all these neat new IPB weapons.  If there are no more spammers then perhaps we should simply select an annoying member and pig pile on him.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#34 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8076 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

I noticed a small issue on iPhone/iTouch Safari: while the forum is in general now much more iPhone friendly, there appears to be no possibility to get the new forum posts. Or that option is so well hidden that I do not find it.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#35 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:57 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 08 March 2010 - 03:46 AM, said:

I noticed a small issue on iPhone/iTouch Safari: while the forum is in general now much more iPhone friendly, there appears to be no possibility to get the new forum posts. Or that option is so well hidden that I do not find it.
Yeah, I havnt touched the Lo-Fi skin yet. Was going to make it a bit more itouch/phoney friendly when I get to it. Bigger text, rounded button links etc. This new forum code has the built in ability to key a skin to a user agent (such as the touch/phone/blackberry). So thats pretty cool in itself.

-Fm [1oM7]

#36 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 06 March 2010 - 07:50 AM, said:

If you have a suitable genderless single word replacement, then let me know.
That would be "his". Yes, it really is the pronoun to use both for males and for people of unspecified sex. And yes, nobody believes you when you tell them this.

BTW, I don't know if this counts as "glitches", but could we get a skin that has a bit more contrast, like the old default one? I'm sure some of my difficulty finding things is just because it's different, but it genuinely seems like some things that should be prominent end up looking like background decorations.

#37 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

I can up vote my own posts :P
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#38 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

Haha. Well, thats a core function in the IPB system of which I wouldn't be able to easily adjust to block self-votes. Although I find it odd they allow that. Hmm.

-Fm [1oM7]

#39 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 13 March 2010 - 04:41 PM, said:

Haha. Well, thats a core function in the IPB system of which I wouldn't be able to easily adjust to block self-votes. Although I find it odd they allow that. Hmm.
Looks like you beat me to the control, because the "allow users to give themselves rep" is set to "no" in Admin CP --> System --> System Settings --> Members --> Reputation System.  If not then there is a bug in the system that allows this despite it being turned off.

EDIT: You beat me to the control but not the post.  I see now that I can't give myself rep.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#40 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I found the control setting while looking for something else... of which I had to actually manually hijack using the skin template tool. But yeah, sorry for not mentioning I found it... I ... uh ... I'll blame it on booze and tf2 ... yeah, thats it.

-Fm [1oM7]