#21 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

View PostBernie, on January 28th 2010, 04:27 PM, said:

Psst, this still kind of exists in General. And you have the honors of having the last post there. Except you don't. Well there, not here. Here it was Cobra (until I made this post).
There is still a link in the General forum, but it points to the actual post here in IMG Website Network Feedback.  That way I don't have to send a PM announcement with a link to the new location of the topic to everybody and their iDog.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#22 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:36 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 28th 2010, 08:24 PM, said:

There is still a link in the General forum, but it points to the actual post here in IMG Website Network Feedback.  That way I don't have to send a PM announcement with a link to the new location of the topic to everybody and their iDog.
It's just another example how goofy (or even useless) the "Last Post Info" column (on the front page of the forum) is. Currently it is your "last post" in General. Previously it was the Spammer List thread that didn't exist, except as being mentioned in the "Last Post Info" column and its last post was visible by looking at Frost's profile. (That's how I was able to spoof Frost's post when I created a Spammer List thread that people could actually see.)

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#23 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

View PostBernie, on January 30th 2010, 03:36 AM, said:

It's just another example how goofy (or even useless) the "Last Post Info" column (on the front page of the forum) is. Currently it is your "last post" in General. Previously it was the Spammer List thread that didn't exist, except as being mentioned in the "Last Post Info" column and its last post was visible by looking at Frost's profile. (That's how I was able to spoof Frost's post when I created a Spammer List thread that people could actually see.)
The Spammer List thread was a way for all 4 of us moderators to communicate during the storm of gmail spams.  The thread was set to be visible only to mods by way of "Unapproving" the thread.  Only mods can see unapproved posts.  So that explains that little mystery for you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#24 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

While we are all getting to know our favourite forum that little better, I was wondering what is with the void?

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

The Void was an attempt to trap bots as they almost always gravitated to that forum.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

Interesting. So it has been pretty successful for the most part?

#27 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 30th 2010, 11:29 AM, said:

The thread was set to be visible only to mods by way of "Unapproving" the thread.
Then it should not appear in the "Last Post Info" column and its posts should not be visible in forum members' profiles. But, don't tell Frigidman as he doesn't need to hear about another (hopefully minor) issue with the forum software. Just pretend that we're talking about bacon and root beer.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#28 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

View PostCobra, on January 31st 2010, 03:53 AM, said:

Interesting. So it has been pretty successful for the most part?
No, not a bit.  Changing the URL did not affect the spammers.  They just posted in the new Strategy forum, it was a real head slapper.  General consensus was that it should have worked.

View PostBernie, on January 31st 2010, 04:18 AM, said:

Then it should not appear in the "Last Post Info" column and its posts should not be visible in forum members' profiles. But, don't tell Frigidman as he doesn't need to hear about another (hopefully minor) issue with the forum software. Just pretend that we're talking about bacon and root beer.
You need to talk to Invision Power Board Inc about that, not Frigidman.  It might even be fixed in the next version of software, we are waaaaaay behind the current version.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#29 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 31st 2010, 11:09 AM, said:

You need to talk to Invision Power Board Inc about that, not Frigidman.
Why? Do they have mail order bacon and root beer? :: Wink-wink. Bernie nudges clueless tBC. ::

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.