teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on February 5th 2010, 07:08 AM, said:

http://www.bit-tech....coming-to-ps3/1
Well for what it's worth, BioWare has re-denied the existence of a PS3 port of ME2 since PS3 references in the PC version are simply due to UE3 and they claim that the Mass Effect series is only intended for the XBox and PC.
I am very pleased that Episodes of Liberty City is coming to PC, although it was kind of expected and easier given that the core game was already on PC and PS3, compared to bringing Mass Effect to PS3 which would be a fresh port.

Well yes, but it's another denial of the "not gonna categorically rule it out" kind.
As for a fresh port, yes and no. As they pointed out, it's UE3.5, which is cross platform. We don't know how much stuff they changed, though. Either way, even if it's a port from scratch, it'd be finish-able before the year's out. After all, it's just code from this point on.

Anyway, I might pick this up over the summer and play 1&2 straight through in boot camp (already got 1 for a couple of quid, but hate rebooting...)
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#22 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6097 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

View Postteflon, on February 6th 2010, 04:26 AM, said:

Anyway, I might pick this up over the summer and play 1&2 straight through in boot camp (already got 1 for a couple of quid, but hate rebooting...)
It's worth it. I'm not a big RPG fan, but the Mass Effects are now probably second only to the Fallouts for how much time I've spent playing them.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#23 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Was quite a surprise when I was in
Spoiler
and I got to
Spoiler
. Man, that
Spoiler
is epic.
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#24 zapranoth

zapranoth

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

I have played through most of the game (I think), the 360 version.
So far, I would not say it's better than ME1 in every way.

I would say that some parts of gameplay are changed for the better, and some are probably a step back.

Doing away with the Mako was probably good... but on the other hand, planet scanning is a bit of "busywork" that is still required to get enough Element Zero.  I realized, too, that some amount of anticipation built up when you had to approach a site overland in the first game.  Now, you land and you get a cutscene that typically shows some armored lieutenant look into the sky (what, no telemetry to show I was coming?) and then run inside.  My team streams out of the shuttle, and then enemies pour out of the base and the firefight begins.   I don't think that's better as a gameplay experience, though it is a bit less tedious than the spots where you could JUST BARELY squeak the Mako over a high peak.

Combat?  Probably better, though will comment more when I play the game again on a REAL setting and not the wussy normal setting.  I love the way you can hookshot a biotic power around a corner or over an obstruction if you aim it right.  

I think I liked the old inventory system better, when you could piecemeal each member of your team's armor and weapons, and you didn't get squad-wide upgrades.  The squad upgrades feel a bit too consolized to me.

I like that paragon and renegade are not so mutually exclusive now.

New squad members are entertaining and pretty well fleshed out.

Wish the Citadel were gi-normous again.  It just feels more like it SHOULD there when you get lost a bunch of times even through playthrough #3.  It should be a big confusing maze.

That's all for now, more on playthrough #2.  Hope the DLC for this sequel is more interesting than the ME1 DLC reportedly was.
"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard, and floor it.
Floor it.  That's technical talk."   - SRV

#25 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6097 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

View Postzapranoth, on February 7th 2010, 11:04 AM, said:

Doing away with the Mako was probably good... but on the other hand, planet scanning is a bit of "busywork" that is still required to get enough Element Zero.  I realized, too, that some amount of anticipation built up when you had to approach a site overland in the first game.  Now, you land and you get a cutscene that typically shows some armored lieutenant look into the sky (what, no telemetry to show I was coming?) and then run inside.  My team streams out of the shuttle, and then enemies pour out of the base and the firefight begins.   I don't think that's better as a gameplay experience, though it is a bit less tedious than the spots where you could JUST BARELY squeak the Mako over a high peak.
Exploring planets is gone? That was one of my favorite parts of Mass Effect... took me back to my Starflight days. :(
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#26 J'nathus

J'nathus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

I don't miss having to walk through the ship to the airlock to disbark when I arrive somewhere, nor wandering around the planets when there's not really a whole lot of reason we couldn't have just popped down next to our intended target.  

I am not a fan of the planet mining thing, as it feels like useless grinding / busy work.  It's not that bothersome though, I just do it as I'm going along and I seem to stay well stocked. Also, if you make sure you explore all areas, even if you don't mine EVERY planet, you'll find 'anomalies' (i.e. quests / missions) you otherwise might not have.  A couple of them were nifty / interesting.

I like that the shuttle pretty much takes you to where you enter the buildings or enter the area in question. So, the game cuts down on some of the random busywork of running to and fro. My only complaint is that although you can continue exploring once you've beaten it, if you've been careful to complete EVERYTHING, you'll have nothing else to shoot at until the DLC.

As far as the inventory goes, I don't mind the change.  It's more about the role playing, the chat, the combat, the decisions and such. My only gripe is I can't seem to get EVERYTHING in the upgrades section.  

I'm on my 3rd playthrough, this time as a renegade Sentinel.  I did 1 ALL Paragon Adept and one mixed Adept.  Renegade is turning out to be a little bit more fun, but I feel like the game tricks me into being good at strange times.

Overall, I liked my Adept  better than this Sentinel, but the Sentinel seems to be tougher.

#27 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

Just finished 3 more team mate missions last night. Got them all done. Whew! So now everyone's loyal, and I'm level 22. Not bad. Now I can get on with the main story. Getting close to the "Suicide run" segment. Or so I think.

Going to post my impressions on all the teammates and their personal missions. Also what I'm noticing as being impacted from importing my save, and also what I noticed they are setting up for Mass Effect 3. (or so I think.) Spoils aplenty, so only read what you want, or if you've already played once :P

I played ME1 as a Soldier, and full on renegade, doing the same in ME2.

Team Mates

(No particular order)

Jacob:
Spoiler
Miranda:
Spoiler

Mordin:
Spoiler
Jack:
Spoiler

Grunt:
Spoiler

Archangel:
Spoiler

Samara:
Spoiler
Thane:
Spoiler
Tali:
Spoiler

Zaeed (sp.?):
Spoiler

Legion
Spoiler

*edit* added Legion, as I just did that section.

Also interesting to note it seems you can 'fail' a number of your teammates personal missions. I never did, but I assume if you do, they don't become loyal to you. Don't know as I never tried, and don't' intend to be bothered with the save/reload of that.

On the impacts (little and big) I've noticed of importing my ME1 character:

Spoiler

Predictions for Mass Effect 3

Maybe predictions is the wrong word. But I keep seeing things crop up that are definitely going to show up in ME3.

Spoiler

I'm interested to see how all my ship upgrades play out in the end sequences. Its obvious it will help in some way to prevent from getting screwed. Extra armor, shields, better ship guns. I imagine that all happens in cutscene form. Next run through I might avoid getting them just to see what happens.

More when I get farther or finish the game :)
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#28 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

Another good one from Bioware. I haven't been able to convince myself to try Dragon Age yet, because elves-who-are-archers and dwarves-who-are Scottish has become just about the most boring setting I can imagine these days.

Acting is as good as the first. My only gripe with the whole dialogue aspect of it is that the character models have become so good (with the exception of some uncanny valley moments with Humans), that the slightly glitchy animation just seems all the more jarring. That and with this level of fidelity, you're just not allowed to have someone blankly standing in front of a bar (or urinal), stock-still or making lame pantomime. But a minor point. I do love the new paragon/renegade quick-time thingies that let you interrupt dialogue with some (heroic or jerk-ass) action.

The scanning business is nonsense. It's amusing for the first planet or two, and after that is pure grind and boredom. I just wish I was a little more impatient so I would give up on it. Driving the Mako around was way better: the problem wasn't driving the Mako, it was that the environments to drive it in were so poor, either in the bland or frustrating way. I'd rather they had spent some effort on some better procedural generation for the planets, taking a little time to ensure there's some way to get to the goodies that doesn't involve driving over pure Origami. (Seriously, go try the Crytek editor, it's not hard.) Or hell, let us fly the shuttle. Then it doesn't matter if the ground looks like it was modeled in 1997.

Combat is tight, with the usual gripe that cover systems don't always work in your favour. I'm playing an Infiltrator, and cloaking to find a vantage point and popping up with the sniper rifle (Krogan in front, Biotic or Tech type providing crowd control) to make some brainy mist is good fun. I don't remember the combat from the first one super well to compare it, but it's fun.

They could have kept a little more complexity with the inventory, but TBH the old system was garbage, and it's good not to have to scroll through a hundred items trying to figure out if you should sell this +4 item, or maybe keep it for a teammate in case you run into some synths on the next planet.

I'm not super far into the story (done a few crew story/loyalty missions, still have to find 3 or so crew), but it's excellent stuff. I'm skeptical about any attempt to go 'Dark n' Edgy™' (Ask about the combo meal!), but so far not a problem. They've blurred the line even more between RPG and action game, but that's fine. If most action games had this depth and flexibility of story, we'd be golden.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#29 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:22 AM

Agree with the above on that the Mako wasn't bad, just the environments they put you in. I enjoyed zooming around and blowing things up. The actually story missions were fun, its the sidequest / random planet landings that got tedious and boring.

I don't mind the scanning as I said before, but I do have a gripe in that they don't give you enough Element Zero, and they gave you way to much Pallidium. You really have to search the remote planets for any Element Zero. I admit its a slight grind, but I only do it every now and then so it doesn't bother me, plus I developed a quick technique of doing it. And working towards specific upgrades motivates me.

I don't mind the loss of specific inventory, but I do wish they gave you a few more weapons to play with. Had a good progression for the first 10 or so hours, but another 10 hours later and I haven't really found any new guns. I liked buying new stuff in ME1. Okay so I have 4 assault rifles, and 7 heavy weapons, but I only have 2 shotguns. I want more shotguns! A few more assault rifles would be nice too. And sniper rifles, even though the Incisor sniper rifle is totally awesome. The only weapon change I do is heavy weapons. Everything else is the same. Its not bad, because they are good and I'm done max upgrades on all shotgun/sniper/assault rifles. Plus max incendiary and disruptor ammo. So I can tear through stuff easy enough, but its still fun to have new guns with new stats to shoot with. And if I was a different class it would be more tiresome, as non soldiers only have 2 or 3 guns to use. So all my team mates only have 2 options of pistol/submachine gun etc. Minor gripe, but hoping I pick up something else by the end of the game.

Only other complaint I have is that I wish the Citadel was bigger in this one. In ME1 it was a sprawling sort of city feel, which while a pain in the arse to run around, still had a better sense of scale. While the citadel areas in ME2 are well designed and tightly laid out, it feels rather confined.

Just about to go through the Omega 4 Relay, woohoo!

View PostJ, on February 7th 2010, 08:09 PM, said:

I'm on my 3rd playthrough, this time as a renegade Sentinel.  I did 1 ALL Paragon Adept and one mixed Adept.  Renegade is turning out to be a little bit more fun, but I feel like the game tricks me into being good at strange times.

Good lord! This only came out 12 days ago! Isn't like each play through 30 hours? Either your speed running or have lots of time. And maybe I'm just jealous :P
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#30 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3305 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

Just finished it. I won't say any spoilers, so all I can say is this is one fantastic game. Buy it if you don't own it.

I did a pretty completionist run through, and it clocked out at 21 hours
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#31 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

I finished the night before yesterday (that would be tuesday) and I had 28 hours and some odd minutes on my run, and I was level 25 or 26. I still missed a lot of the planet side-quests that you have to scan for, I only found one or two, and I read there is like 8 of them or so. Also people died who I wanted to. Haha!

Started a new Vanguard character, no import this time as I don't have one. The bonuses are real nice starting a 2nd time around, 50,000 of every mineral, and 200,000 credits, and the 25% XP bonus.  Leveling a good bit quicker. Biotic Charge is totally awesome.

The DLC out the other day is kind of meh. The assault armor (or whatever the name was) and the  eviscerator shotgun. I tried them out, and am unimpressed by both. I think you have better armor in terms of stats by buying various pieces around from the shops and putting them on. And the shotgun only chambers 3 rounds, which is pretty annoying.

#32 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

28 hours Wumpus? I'm only half-way through and I've already logged 35 hours--side-quests are great. Also, I'm seriously thinking about sleeping with Jack; the bad girl thing always works for me, even though I'm disgustingly Paragon in the game. Same thing happened in Dragon Age where boffing Morrigan was a must.
I agree with Frost about the exploring planets aspect which they've removed. Some folks found it repetitive, but I enjoyed driving my armored go-cart around random landscapes. Some of the planet-falls were actually quite beautiful.
On the whole, though, the game is really wonderful and completely absorbing. Because of the snowfall on the US Eastern seaboard I've had a few office days when patients couldn't make it in to office hours and I got some blissful 8 hour chunks of gameplay. I've even involved it in a few dreams, which I suppose is the height of nerdiness.
Frost, you will not be disappointed. And there's yet another installment to come!
By the way, PeopleLikeFrank, despite the predictable features of Dragon Age, it's really quite a good game, with far more moral complexity than one usually sees in these settings, and an excellent tactical battle system. Plus, the story is pretty good. Perhaps not as good as The Witcher, but worth playing.
Home: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Windows 7
Travel: MacbookPro 2.9GHz Quadcore i7/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Radeon Pro560 with 4GB VRAM/Sierra/Windows 10

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/Sierra/Windows10/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#33 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

Yeah 28 hours. 35? wow. I spent lots of time in conversation as well. I didn't skip any convos or "investigate" options. Explored ever area I went to thoroughly. But I was also a soldier, and blasted through the combat pretty quick. (didn't die much, even on Veteran.) I did every single recruitment, and personal squad member mission. 28-29 hours is what ME1 took me as well, playing with the same mindset. I play quickly, but try to do everything possible that I can find if that makes sense. I didn't explore the planets much, I only scanned what I needed to get upgrades, and didn't search for side missions. Even so, with the 8-10 planet landing sidequests that there are, I don't know how at the halfway point, you've logged in more than my whole play through.  :lol: I won't be playing ME2 more than twice, even though I'm interested in the sentinel and infiltrator for their tech armor and tactical cloak. After my first ME1 soldier run, I tried going through later as a Vanguard, but I couldn't get into it. Actually found the combat to be too clunky the 2nd time around so wasn't into it. Fortunately ME2 doesn't have that issue. I took Barrier (which seems to be the exact same thing as Fortitude and Geth Energy Shield) as my bonus power, although I was thinking of Slam. I tried that out as a Soldier "advanced training" power in my first ME2 run and it was fun. I dislike barriers 12 second cooldown I have to say. So I might switch over to Slam when I get Miranda loyal in my present run. After Biotic Charge is used, I get a 4 second boost to my shields anyway so it works out.

Yes, whenever I play a game too much I start dreaming about it. Had that with Myth, Warcraft III, Deus Ex, Left 4 Dead 2, ME2. Anything very engaging :P

Waiting for more time until I can get into Dragon Age. That may not actually be until the summer. But I want to do it, I'm a huge witcher fan. I don't compare the two games, despite some similarities. More than DA I'm waiting for The Witcher II :)

Final Word: yes, no disappointments in ME2. Its totally awesome. Although I really think it has more weight if you've played ME1 at least once. It seems to make some choices for me when I started a new character, and didn't ask me about the council or wrex, or virmire. :( Sad about that, but oh well, still having fun.

#34 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

I've clocked 25 I think, and I don't seem to be particularly close to finishing. I wouldn't be surprised if I run to over 40 hours. (Shame, because I want my weekends back)
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)

#35 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

I tend to be an obsessive completionist, which includes things like scanning every single planet in every single star cluster, plus every side quest compatible with not being a total jerk.
Also, I'll look around at pretty pixels, grab a drink in every bar, dance with random women, etc. I don't think I'll have any difficulty topping out my first run through at 60-70 hours. Mind you, when I did Fallout 3 (with the DLCs), I got up to 140 hours.
I've also been playing as a Soldier, so I've been experimenting with the bonus power. So far, Slam wins out easily. The incendiary grenade is kind of a waste with all the weapons you have as a soldier, Barrier has the cool-down problem that Wumpus mentioned, and Slam gives you a truly useful biotic power. Plus, when they float up into the air you get to shoot them in the head before they slam down. Few survive.
Ok, back to the Normandy....
Home: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Windows 7
Travel: MacbookPro 2.9GHz Quadcore i7/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Radeon Pro560 with 4GB VRAM/Sierra/Windows 10

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/Sierra/Windows10/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#36 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

So far, I easily prefer Barrier to Slam. Nothing quite like an on-demand shield recharge.

#37 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:59 AM

Did the Assassin's quest. Buggered it up. Had to reload a save from 90 minutes prior.

Tried to play through subsequent 90 minutes very quickly. Stuffed up conversation option by hitting space too much. Had to reload.

Played 90 minutes at normal speed again, got stuck in another ceiling. Had to reload.

Went to bed. Gave up.

(Accidentally wrote post on IMG in style of Assassin flashback.)

#38 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

just finished my first playthrough as a Renegade Infiltrator imported from ME1.  

Hit level 30 pretty easily by doing all of the N7 missions.

If i had to make a few complaints, they would be:

the game feels really short.  It isn't - (i clocked 40 hours) - but it *feels* short since so much of the game is recruiting your team and making them loyal - but there are only about... 5 real main story missions, so the game *feels* very short.  
Spoiler

the inventory in the new game is severely lacking.  There are no choices.  When you finda  new gun, it is always better than the last one.  There are only 2-4 guns of each type. which is supremely dissapointing, and the mods just apply to all your weapons.  Same with armor - it is very limited.  The first game had too much, this game has too little.  

Spoiler

All in all, it is still a great game, and all of my problems with it are very small ones.  Together, they add up to a full point and a half downgrade, but i'd still give the game a 8.5 out of 10, and it is easily far better than DA:O and any other CRPG that i've played since ME1 and The Witcher.

#39 zapranoth

zapranoth

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

I firmly want the old inventory system back in ME3.   I've been playing back through ME1, has been a lot of fun...  I *like* getting random armors and weapons, random ammo, random amps, and having to look around, buy licenses.

There's a few rare kinds of armor that I haven't even seen through several playthroughs...   I just don't like how console-ized the weapon system is in ME2, and I want the old system back.

Biotics shooting around corners, cool.

Generic weapon upgrades and squad-wide ammo upgrades, no.
"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard, and floor it.
Floor it.  That's technical talk."   - SRV

#40 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

Id rather it were a combination of the two.  

I like the research system, but i think it would be better if you did the research, and then had to choose which 1-3 (depending on your gun) mods you were going to use in that gun, so you could loadout each party member.

Like, if you had 20% damage, 40% clip size, +Rate of Fire, +accuracy (reduce spread of rapid fire weaps), etc... and could only put two on the gun. (or one or none at starting gear).  Then add a ton more guns - 6=10 per weapon type, and give them varrying degrees of base damage, RoF, clip size, etc.  

Same with the armor.  And you need to be able to customize squadmates aremor.  

FFS Garrus, take off that damage PoS.