Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3301 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostNAG, on 20 April 2010 - 08:48 AM, said:

Thats the Mass Effect 1 jerk quote reel.

Spoiler

There's one for Mass Effect 2 as well, but I didn't post it cuz of potential spoilers
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#102 NAG

NAG

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

The Overlord DLC is pretty good. Better than Firewalker gameplay-wise and better than Stolen Memory if you don't want to play the game over again. It reminds me of Bring Down the Sky but without the cliffhanger that they never revisited.
"You call *this* archaeology?" Professor Henry Jones

#103 NAG

NAG

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

SPOILERS SO DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW SOME ME1 AND ME2 PLOT

Lair of the Shadow Broker is essentially fan service (eg: you get to spy on people on the Normandy). It also moves the Liara love interest plot forward and does a better job explaining her motive. Oh, and for all the soap watchers out there they hint at who Liara's father is. The actual shoot it up plot is kind of weak though (probably due to the compressed nature of DLC...honestly had enough room to be a full expansion if they wanted it). It does have one of the more inventive boss fights in the Mass Effect series though – much better than the Giant Reaper Space Baby you fight at the end of the main game. The banter saves some of the weaker fights too. Oh, and none of the other characters are voice acted yet again (yeah, costs money) so once again you have silent squad mates (although there is a little treat where your choice of squad mates is at least referenced). At least they don't have those weird scenes like in ME1 where your squad mates just stand there when you do it with the consort... Note: This DLC feels like it is meant to be played after you finish the game although you can play it any time post-Horizon (has some perks if you play it before the game ends but they're mostly irrelevant).
"You call *this* archaeology?" Professor Henry Jones