109 replies to this topic

#1 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

A recent Active Time Babble podcast 1UP.com featured an interview with Spiderweb Software's Jeff Vogel. The veteran indie RPG developer talked about Avernum 6, the final chapter in the long running Avernum saga, as well as the difficulties involved with creating games and his plans for a new game series.

More about Averum 6:

Avernum 6 is the final game in the popular and long-running Avernum series. Explore a gigantic world, with a fascinating storyline, hundreds of quests, multitudes of side dungeons, and many hours of adventure. The game features clever enemies and dozens of interesting scripted encounters. Learn over 50 spells and battle disciplines. Hunt for hundreds of magical items or craft your own powerful artifacts.

Avernum is a world underground. It is a nation of people living in an enormous warren of tunnels and caverns, far below the surface of the world. Once a prison colony for rebels and thugs, it is now a wild frontier, full of adventurous souls looking for wealth, fame, and magical power. Avernum's sole link to the surface world: a single magical portal, small and difficult to maintain.

And then the Blight came. Almost overnight, the mushrooms Avernum needed to feed itself withered and died. Then the denizens of the low tunnels, the savage, reptilian Slithzerikai, emerged. Sensing weakness, they struck, destroying much of a weakened Avernum and creating waves of hungry, desperate refugees. Now chaos and hunger stalk this land, and none seem to be able to find a solution or a way to stop the Slith Horde.

In the midst of all of this chaos, you joined the army. You had a good, simple reason: Soldiers get food. And yet, through a run of good (or bad) fortune, you find that you have a chance to discover and confront Avernum's enemies. The nation of Avernum is rapidly approaching its final destiny, and you will be at the center of events. Can you save your homeland? And, if Avernum survives, what will become of it?
Click over to the page below to download the podcast interview.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3301 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hallelujah and Ahem!!

It's good to see the forums back :D
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#3 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

A funny thing happened on the way to the forums ...  <rim shot>

I'm glad they're back, as well.  Informative and entertaining, all in one.  

Also, I'm going to attempt an upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard on my iMac when I get a chance and knowing that I can jump on here for free tech support makes me much less uneasy about making the attempt. :)

#4 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Welcome Back
A Poem by Teflon.

Where did you go?
Oh, how we missed you so,
I just want you to know
that.
Welcome Back!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#5 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3301 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

View Postteflon, on January 5th 2010, 07:19 PM, said:

Welcome Back
A Poem by Teflon.

Where did you go?
Oh, how we missed you so,
I just want you to know
that.
Welcome Back!

*claps*
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#6 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

Wow. I was wondering if this site was ever going to be back up again.

TBC, can you post some pics of the Admin party you guys were having?

Are some things supposed to be missing on this board still?
Edit: Never mind on that, settings issue on my end. OK now.

-Mike

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#7 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:20 AM

All I can say is, there better not be any more of those IPS driver errors....  Did FM shut the boards down and go wandering off to a lengthy vacation in Tahiti or what?  ;)  Oh well, at least it made a break from deleting spam all the time!

--Eric

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

Oh my god, oh my god... the forum's back!!! *sob* Finally!! *breaks out in tears of joy*

What? No, I'm not addicted or something. *laughs hysterically*

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:13 AM

Forum maintenance work took longer than expected thanks to all the heavy snow.  IMG can only afford one maintenance man & he kept getting held up. Took him days just to get out of this:  ;)

IMG forum Maintenance Man

#10 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:43 AM

Didn't realize just how addicted I was until that dark, dark period without IMG. Survived by posting rambling nothings (much like here) on Board Game Geek and eating the small little frozen animals the cats kept bringing to me as gifts over the holidays. Whew. Ha, ha ... ha , ha. I'm OK now. Yes. Uh-huh.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#11 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on January 6th 2010, 04:56 AM, said:

*claps*
Why thank you! The initial version just ended on "that", for one of those semi-humorous awkward endings. Then I thought Id go for a half rhyme instead, thus validating it as a proper poem.

View Postjackdawsson, on January 6th 2010, 11:13 AM, said:

Forum maintenance work took longer than expected thanks to all the heavy snow.  IMG can only afford one maintenance man & he kept getting held up. Took him days just to get out of this:  ;)

Held up? I thought you meant he was getting held up by, like, muggers and highway men and stuff...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#12 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

Where the hell is all the spam?  What have you guys gone and done?  Fire truckin-A!
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

View Postyo-mike, on January 5th 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

TBC, can you post some pics of the Admin party you guys were having?
We are admins, we were breaking up other people's parties to stay in shape.

View Postjackdawsson, on January 6th 2010, 03:13 AM, said:

You are assuming there was some sort of effort going on.  Here is the actual footage of the IMG Forum Maintenance Man.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#14 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

View Postdojoboy, on January 6th 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

Where the hell is all the spam?  What have you guys gone and done?  Fire truckin-A!
You want more spam, you got: SPAM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 6th 2010, 03:41 PM, said:

We are admins, we were breaking up other people's parties to stay in shape.
You are assuming there was some sort of effort going on.  Here is the actual footage of the IMG Forum Maintenance Man.
Could of sworn I've seen him coming out of Feral's office. Are you sure he ain't the guy supposed to be doing the Mac port of Rome:TW?   :D  Maybe I got these fellahs mixed up.

#15 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

View Postjackdawsson, on January 6th 2010, 03:05 PM, said:

Could of sworn I've seen him coming out of Feral's office.

Could have sworn.  Could HAVE sworn.  Don't make me come over there!  Three weeks or whatever it was of not deleting spam has caused moderation tendencies to back up dangerously, so if you don't watch it I'm gonna have to moderate your ass big-time, and it won't be my fault!!!

--Eric

#16 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

View PostEric5h5, on January 6th 2010, 09:23 PM, said:

Could have sworn.  Could HAVE sworn.  Don't make me come over there!  Three weeks or whatever it was of not deleting spam has caused moderation tendencies to back up dangerously, so if you don't watch it I'm gonna have to moderate your ass big-time, and it won't be my fault!!!

--Eric
Touché. Give yourself a pat on the back for spotting the error.  Three weeks enforced abstinence from anything sounds tough, so I welcome you satisfying those suppressed urges to moderate to your heart's content.  

I guess using vernacular such as "could of" betokens my terrible sloth in matters of literacy.  Now I know the high standard of literacy some here expect, be sure that I'll try to make up for the lack of spam by using vernacular aplenty! :D

#17 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

No need; I deleted 3 spam posts just now, so feel free to write reasonably literate posts.

--Eric

#18 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

View Postjackdawsson, on January 7th 2010, 11:12 AM, said:

vernacular such as "could of"
MISSPELLING "COULD'VE" DOES NOT COUNT AS VERNACULAR  :bleedingeyes:

Ahem. I too hoped that the long downtime was due to FM constructing the ultimate orbital spammer-nuking platform of ultimate destiny, but alas, it seems not…

#19 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

View PostTesseract, on January 6th 2010, 09:46 PM, said:

I too hoped that the long downtime was due to FM constructing the ultimate orbital spammer-nuking platform of ultimate destiny, but alas, it seems not…

Nope, it was just tBC unplugging the forums because he needed somewhere to plug in his patented Extry-Special 'Lectric Catnap Whiskey Still for a while.  Service would have been restored earlier except that the "quality control" session got out of hand.  Way out of hand....

--Eric

#20 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

hahahaha, everyone made it back

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1