4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:00 AM

Blizzard Entertainment has released a fourth battle report for the upcoming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The new video features a battle between two Blizzard employees on the Lost Temple map, a recreation of a popular map from the original game. The game showcases some of the units and abilities available to Terran and Protoss players.

We’ve got a great game for you today, a Battle Report between Yeon-ho Lee playing as the Blue Protoss versus David Kim playing as the Red Terran. They will be playing on Lost Temple. Yes, it has been re-done for StarCraft II. This is a classic map from the original game that we have done a few changes on for StarCraft II. We have David Kim on the right side as the Red Terran, and the players are very close together by air. A few of the map features are the narrow choke point leading out of your base, a great place to defend. There is also a natural expansion where you can get some additional resources, followed by a wider choke point to defend that natural expansion. There is some high ground as well to use against your enemy one way or another. There are also Xel’naga watch towers to help establish map control and understand what is going on around the map.
Click over to the link below to view the new video
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

The marine's just trying to play keep-away, right now, and he doesn't see the danger of the approaching second zealot. So now he's in a little bit of trouble. He's just gonna have to run away just as fast as he can - taking a hit there just as he turns the corner. And here the zealot is sorta moving around trying to drive this marine away. And you can see David Kim is trying to be very clever; he's trying to pulling that zealot out of action - oh, a little miss-turn there and the marine gets cut down
That's some grand strategy, there, Blizzard. I bet that's what got Patton his stars.

#3 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Location:Somewhere between the computer, the fridge and the nursery

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

I forget where I read this, but it perfectly sums up my feelings about Starcraft 2:

"I can't wait to suck at this game!"

#4 morback

morback

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

View Postalldaveallen, on October 22nd 2009, 04:08 PM, said:

I forget where I read this, but it perfectly sums up my feelings about Starcraft 2:

"I can't wait to suck at this game!"

x2!

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17683 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

View Postbobbob, on October 22nd 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

That's some grand strategy, there, Blizzard. I bet that's what got Patton his stars scars.
Fixed that for you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat