3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Amanita Design has announced the release of Machinarium. The point and click adventure game follows the adventures of a robot who must find a way to save his girlfriend and his city from a group of villains known as the Black Cap Brotherhood.

From GamersHell.com:

The game's protagonist is a little robot who has been unjustly expelled to the scrap yard behind the city. Players must guide the little robot back into town to rescue his robot-girlfriend and stop the bad guys from the 'Black Cap Brotherhood' before they can bomb the central tower that houses the city's ruler.
The full version of Machinarium is available for $20. A demo version is also available. Head over to the links below to learn more.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:43 AM

Just finished it an hour or two ago, good stuff.  Don't touch the hints...I never needed to, and while I got semi-stuck a few times, it wasn't anything that quitting the game and coming back 15 minutes later didn't solve.  It's kind of hard at times, but not too much so.  It's not the longest game ever, but hey, you get an excellent full-length soundtrack too.  (Though for some reason not all the music from the game is included, like the cool jazz tune.  I poked around in the game's resources just now, and you can fix this by opening the "11" folder, copying the "01010001.001" file, renaming it to something like "Robot Jazz.mp3", and adding it to iTunes.  Have to live with 160kpbs though, rather than 256.)

--Eric

#3 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

The demo is very nice :happy:
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13 Touch Bar 2017 i7 3.5Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Mantiz Venus eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
LG 34 34UC88 Ultrawide Display
Steelseries Rival 700, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism

#4 rhywun

rhywun

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, the demo is very cool. I like the minimalism.