2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8555 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:37 AM

CCP Games has announced a December 1st release date for Dominion, its next free expansion for the popular sci-fi MMO, EVE Online. EVE Online. The expansion will focus on alliance warfare and will feature an overhauled sovereignty system, new epic mission arcs for pirate factions, and the first version of EVE's COSMOS social networking platform.

Ten free expansions down. Now an eleventh. Set for Winter 2009, EVE Online: Dominion will focus on what is often cited as EVE's "end game" - alliance warfare. It offers a complete overhaul of the current sovereignty mechanics in favor of a system that's a mix of CCP's game design vision and the input they've received from fans on forums, at conventions (FANFEST!) and via the CSM. Savvy alliances will benefit greatly from following and understanding these changes, which will receive extensive testing.

In addition, CCP will be adding some new epic arcs for pirate factions, offering the first iteration of the integrated social networking platform known as COSMOS, setting its artists free to re-beautify planets and more.

New Features:
  • A Sovereignty Capture System that will dynamically change EVE's "end game" as requested by players and the Council of Stellar Management
  • Sovereignty Infrastructure Upgrades to help Player Alliances better determine their destiny
  • Smarter In-Game Mail to catalyze player networks
  • A revamped in-game browser
  • BEAUTIFUL new planets and stars that will take your breath away
  • A further improved New Player Experience
  • Pirate faction epic story arcs
  • Rebalancing of fleet warfare with new fighter bombers and new, terrifying Doomsday Weapons
Read more about Dominion at the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1213 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Wow EVE looks hella cool. Any idea how the experience is for n00bs?
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#3 star-affinity

star-affinity

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on October 13th 2009, 08:47 AM, said:

Wow EVE looks hella cool. Any idea how the experience is for n00bs?

I've tried it a little and I found it quite overwhelming, but it seems there's usually people to ask about things and I can imagine it's a great game when one get into it.
I didn't continue playing after the trial though, but currently that's the case for all ”Massive Online” games for me. There's really not enough time being a grown up and having a full time job (unless you want to spend all your free time playing MMORPG's). :(