“We sell you a universe. Do with it what you like,” said Bernd Lehahn, managing director at developer Egosoft. “We brought the storyline full circle, but we’ve also given players an even larger playground for exploration, trade, combat, and more. There are plenty of exciting secrets to discover, so fire up your ships’ engines!”
The X Universe story embarks on a thrilling final chapter with Virtual Programming, Ltd.’s release of X3: Terran Conflict for Mac OS X. A new standalone game that’s more expansive and open-ended than previous entries in the series, X3: Terran Conflict features stunning graphics and spine-tingling audio that make players feel as if they’re really exploring deep space. They’ll undertake dangerous missions, become economic powerhouses, and engage in conflicts ranging from dogfights between small spacecraft to massive battles involving fleets of ships.
X3: Terran Conflict continues the X Universe’s story of human, alien, and machine races vying for power — players choose between several different characters, with their selection slightly altering the plot. The X Universe has made contact with the Solar System, but Earth is a much different place than it was centuries ago, when a calamity cut the planet off from a small group of humans.
While exploring the newly rediscovered Solar System and investigating the robotic Xenon race’s odd behavior, players undertake a wide variety of missions or simply chart their own course. They can trade resources with some races, while others may attack players on sight. As they accumulate wealth, players can not only upgrade their spacecraft and buy new ones but also build factories, trading stations, weapon platforms, and a headquarter. The game’s persistent universe spins around them the entire time, creating an open-ended experience that continues after the story ends.
- Largest X Universe ever
- New faction: the Terrans – inhabitants of the Earth
- More jobs and non-linear missions than ever before
- More than 100 new spaceships, new ship classes and weapon systems
- Re-designed user interface for comfortable control by mouse, keyboard and joystick
- New group management tool
- Large battleships can be boarded by an outside team
- Mac OS X: 10.5.7 or higher
- Intel CPU, 2.16 GHz or faster
- 1 GB RAM
- GeForce 8600, Radeon X1600 or newer 256MB
- 7GB Hard Disk space
- Internet connection for product registration