9 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Spiderweb Software, known for its Geneforge and Avernum RPG series, has announced the beginning of its annual October Sale. For the entire month every game and hint book book available from the Spiderweb store will sell at a ten percent discount.

We at Spiderweb Software feel that it is being a long year. Continuing economic tumult. Everyone shouting at each other. The heat of summer fading into the winter's chill and damp. All it would take is an invasion of ravenous killer ants to truly make the year complete.

And this is why we feel that now, more than ever, is a good time to retreat into a fantasy world. And, if you can do it on the cheap, so much the better.

So, for the entire month of October, Spiderweb Software is having its Sadness Sale! Everything we sell is 10% off. A host of fine Indie fantasy role-playing games, for both Windows and Macintosh! The award-winning Avernum series. The just-released Geneforge saga, all on one disc. And remember, all of our games can be ordered on CD. It's a great chance to get a jump on the tiresome holiday shopping.

Still not sure? As always, all of our games have large, free demos.

Remember, nobody will hold it against you if you escape from reality for a little while. What's the point of being in the world if you can't drop out of it occasionally?
Click over to the link below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:25 AM

Who needs games when you've got an invasion of ravenous killer pants... as long as the Battle Cat doesn't make me pull them down.

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17622 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

+3 Blessed Killer Pants of Carnage.  Only for Evil Paladin classes, or those who like a tight fit that elevates and flatters the butt.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I might finally pick up Nethergate: Resurrection.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17622 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

View PostPegasus, on October 3rd 2009, 10:10 AM, said:

I might finally pick up Nethergate: Resurrection.
Now THAT was a good game, one of the better ones he did.  It's got all the good he does with none of the bad he does.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6212 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on October 3rd 2009, 01:39 PM, said:

Now THAT was a good game, one of the better ones he did.  It's got all the good he does with none of the bad he does.
I'll second that, Nethergate was my favorite Spiderweb game by far, and Nethergate:Resurrection is all that goodness updated for modern Macs.

My only complaint about N:R was unlike the original, you could not store your loot and supplies in containers, which meant instead of having my piles of special junk for fighting bosses stored in my dresser and supply room boxes at the fort, I instead had them strewn all over the floor and would have to hunt for stuff like a deranged college student in a dorm.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.7 GHz i9 10900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17622 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

You probably remember me from my celebrated fame as The Guy Who Found The Crown Bug that made Jeff release an updated version of the game.  Simply tell girls you know me and it's instant nookie.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on October 3rd 2009, 08:24 PM, said:

Simply tell girls you know me and it's instant nookie.

Yeah, you said that before and I believed you, so I gave it a try, and next thing I know I'm in jail for being an "accessory".  Also, I got slapped several times in the process while having things like, "And tell tBC to pay child support!" shouted at me.  Therefore, I no longer believe you.

--Eric

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17622 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

View PostEric5h5, on October 4th 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

Yeah, you said that before and I believed you, so I gave it a try, and next thing I know I'm in jail for being an "accessory".  Also, I got slapped several times in the process while having things like, "And tell tBC to pay child support!" shouted at me.  Therefore, I no longer believe you.

--Eric
"Nookie" in Swahili is "jail time".  So you can still believe me when I tell you stuff and junk like that.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

The sound of the sale really twisted my noodle. - 'October Sadness Sale' with a whopping 10% off!
Like, Holy smokes, Batman!!
I still want to try some of those recipes sometime though.

-Mike

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better