It is Battlestations: Screenshot

#64 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Guess so. I'm not interested then since I wasn't interested in the previous title either.

Brothers In Arms will get my wallet vote though. ;) At this rate I may keep buying all of Feral's 'Legend' titles. Good job, guys. Pirates! was/is definitely my favorite Mac game of the last few years.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#65 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17375 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

View PostDurandalTycho, on 24 March 2010 - 07:12 PM, said:

No hard feelings, eh?   :happy:
Well... I suppose not. Cause here I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#66 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

View PostVeldek, on 25 March 2010 - 01:52 AM, said:

It is Battlestations: Screenshot
That looks very convincing. It's kind of disappointing that it was so easy to guess this time.

#67 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:21 AM

In a bold attempt to steal the limelight from the release of Steam Mac, Feral officially announced Mini Ninjas and added a hint to their next project, labeled "Prowse".

What that might be?

Aw, frell it: it's obviously Lego Star Wars – The Complete Saga.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#68 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 13 May 2010 - 05:21 AM, said:

In a bold attempt to steal the limelight from the release of Steam Mac...

If in doubt deploy Ninjas :)

#69 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 13 May 2010 - 05:46 AM, said:

If in doubt deploy Ninjas :)
I just noticed this game seems to require a DX10 GPU, ATI HD2000 or nVidia 8000 series and better. The PC version only requires a GeForce 6600, but I'm guessing we're being bitten by poor OS X drivers again. I just wanted to clarify that the 7300 GT, 7600 GT, X1600, and even the X1900 XT aren't supported for Mini Ninjas, even with 10.6.4 that everyone is hoping brings driver improvements? If so, I believe this is the first Feral title to drop support for DX9 GPUs and I guess the writing is on the wall for these older hardware at least for non-Legends titles, if it wasn't already.

#70 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:17 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on 30 May 2010 - 05:43 PM, said:

I just noticed this game seems to require a DX10 GPU, ATI HD2000 or nVidia 8000 series and better. The PC version only requires a GeForce 6600, but I'm guessing we're being bitten by poor OS X drivers again. I just wanted to clarify that the 7300 GT, 7600 GT, X1600, and even the X1900 XT aren't supported for Mini Ninjas, even with 10.6.4 that everyone is hoping brings driver improvements? If so, I believe this is the first Feral title to drop support for DX9 GPUs and I guess the writing is on the wall for these older hardware at least for non-Legends titles, if it wasn't already.

The support for cards varies per game depending on the features the game uses. In the case of Mini Ninjas a hardware feature is not supported on these older cards when running Mac OS X so we have had to exclude them from the supported list. Newer OS updates add new features to OpenGL but these are normally new features for currently shipping cards, the card you mention have not been sold in a Mac machine by Apple since June/August 2007. (Some MacPro machine may have shipped with affected cards after this date but unlike iMacs and laptops you can update your graphics card if you have a Pro).

We are looking at ways of getting the game running on the ATI X1000 and NV 7000 series of cards however as it is almost 3 years after one of these cards was sold in a new Mac means the chances of driver updates to these older cards is not likely, the latest build of 10.6.4 we tested did not fix the issue we have in Ninjas (all the heroes draw as squashed people instead of correctly).

Hope that explains things a bit for you,

Edwin

#71 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:20 AM

Any guesses as to what the new game added to the upcoming releases radar now that they've released Mini Ninjas is? The codename is "Dust Devil".
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#72 MGS

MGS

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 13 July 2010 - 01:20 AM, said:

Any guesses as to what the new game added to the upcoming releases radar now that they've released Mini Ninjas is? The codename is "Dust Devil".

looks like "Borderlands" to me. The name would make sense too  :nods:

#73 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

View PostMGS, on 13 July 2010 - 01:24 AM, said:

looks like "Borderlands" to me. The name would make sense too  :nods:
Seems you are right. I can't find the exactly same screenshot where the teaser on Feral's site is taken from, but compare the cap from the guy on the left-hand side in this shot with the part you see in the teaser image. The seam, the dark spot and the distribution of the lighter and darker specks are virtually identical.

Can I hear a "w00t" for Feral?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#74 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

If that's true that would mean they have the actual UE3 readily available so they could conceivably bring other UE3 titles to the Mac. I would like Batman Arkham Asylum as well personally for starters. Although Borderlands doesn't seem to push as many features as other UE3 games as I have it running almost perfectly through a WINE based compatibility layer on my iMac and I still haven't got UT3 or Mirror's Edge to... but they are getting closer with each revision of the software I use. I guess it helps that Borderlands is also by Gearbox who made a game Feral previously ported and they can give them the source code? Wouldn't Feral also have to buy an UE3 license? I take it they can go over Ryan Gordon's head or something? Would he contribute any code or would Feral do it all themselves?

I think a problem with a lot of other UE3 games is they tend to use more Windows centric middleware such as Games For Windows Live, .net, etc. which has to be replaced when they attempt to port them to OS X. Borderlands doesn't seem to and it uses Gamespy for multiplayer.

Brothers in Arms 2 was UE2 based so that probably helped.... those games seem to be pretty easy to port since UE2 code is highly available for the Mac.

What would be great is if this porting partnership with Gearbox would continue so we would get future games such as if Aliens Colonial Marines ever gets released and the Duke Nukem game(s) Gearbox is working on.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#75 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

If it is Borderlands I wonder if is going to be the port of the upcoming GotY edition with all the mini expansions. Cross-platform multiplayer? Hmmm.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#76 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

Oh, just bring Company of Heroes to us, please. Pretty please.

I'm done RtW several times now and I can only torture my poor Sim family for so long before I go mad.

Give me CoH!

Or the new Battlefield Academy from Slitherine-Matrix please please please.

Then again, I am just about finished my piece de resistence, a new WW2 iPad game (surprise!!), and am also
Spoiler
and have no time for such frivolities as gaming right this second.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#77 MGS

MGS

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 13 July 2010 - 03:07 PM, said:

Oh, just bring Company of Heroes to us, please. Pretty please.

I'm done RtW several times now and I can only torture my poor Sim family for so long before I go mad.

Give me CoH!

YES, I vote for CoH too!

#78 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3296 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

I'd like to see some of Feral's catalogue on Steam. It could add some good meat to the mac gaming collection on there.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#79 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 13 July 2010 - 05:27 PM, said:

I'd like to see some of Feral's catalogue on Steam. It could add some good meat to the mac gaming collection on there.
Hmmm, it would be nice to have some more stuff on there.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#80 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 04 June 2010 - 05:17 AM, said:

The support for cards varies per game depending on the features the game uses. In the case of Mini Ninjas a hardware feature is not supported on these older cards when running Mac OS X so we have had to exclude them from the supported list. Newer OS updates add new features to OpenGL but these are normally new features for currently shipping cards, the card you mention have not been sold in a Mac machine by Apple since June/August 2007. (Some MacPro machine may have shipped with affected cards after this date but unlike iMacs and laptops you can update your graphics card if you have a Pro).

We are looking at ways of getting the game running on the ATI X1000 and NV 7000 series of cards however as it is almost 3 years after one of these cards was sold in a new Mac means the chances of driver updates to these older cards is not likely, the latest build of 10.6.4 we tested did not fix the issue we have in Ninjas (all the heroes draw as squashed people instead of correctly).

Hope that explains things a bit for you,

Edwin
Hmm. The extensions that the X1000 series GPUs miss under 10.6.3 compared to the HD2000 and 8000 series under 10.5.8 are EXT_bindable_uniform, EXT_draw_buffers2, EXT_gpu_shader4, and EXT_texture_integer all of which I believe are DX10 hardware features. If one of those extensions are needed in newer games, than I guess no amount of OS updates will help older DX9 GPUs. In any case, thanks for the explanation.

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 13 July 2010 - 01:20 AM, said:

At first glance, I thought the "Dust Devil" picture was just a stylized version of the "Prowse" picture. I was hoping for Dirt 2, seeing I don't believe we've had a major Mac racing game in a while. But I guess, Borderlands as pointed out by others seems more likely.