Jump to content


Feral's upcoming project?


  • Please log in to reply
1346 replies to this topic

#41 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3311 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu
  • Location:Cyberspace

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

So we've been speculating about "Hokage" but what about the other one that has popped up "Ash"?
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7


#42 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7248 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on January 22nd 2010, 02:23 AM, said:

So we've been speculating about "Hokage" but what about the other one that has popped up "Ash"?
As mentioned above, I'm convinced that's Brothers in Arms. Not due to some clever deduction based on "ASH", but mainly from the picture: the thing on the right looks a lot like the sleeve of an American uniform and the writing in the back has a similar style like French road signs. I might be completely wrong, though.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#43 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7248 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

An actual announcement imminent?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#44 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • Steam Name:Mister Mumbles
  • Location:Not here; not there; not anywhere!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Well, anyone who's bought Rome: Total War knows Feral's next two titles as they were advertised in their little promo booklet insert. One is indeed Brothers In Arms: Double Time (Road to Hill & Earned In Blood), another Feral Legends issue. The other one is the more family-friendly title Mini Ninjas.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#45 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:41 AM

View PostPegasus, on 03 March 2010 - 05:16 PM, said:

Well, anyone who's bought Rome: Total War knows Feral's next two titles as they were advertised in their little promo booklet insert. One is indeed Brothers In Arms: Double Time (Road to Hill & Earned In Blood), another Feral Legends issue. The other one is the more family-friendly title Mini Ninjas.

You are correct the secret is out this is "Project: Ash"! - Announcing Brothers in Arms: Double Time for Mac!   Available to pre-order now & shipping April 16th (2010 ;) ). Click on the link to read more.

Edwin

#46 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

    Positronic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:24 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 23 March 2010 - 04:41 AM, said:

You are correct the secret is out this is "Project: Ash"! - Announcing Brothers in Arms: Double Time for Mac!   Available to pre-order now & shipping April 16th (2010 ;) ). Click on the link to read more.

Edwin
Wow, Feral is really on a roll with a quick 3 month release schedule of quality titles. Bioshock, Rome Total War, and now Brothers in Arms. Congratulations. And congratulations to Brad since I think it was mentioned that this is his first project at Feral.

I just want to double check that the Mac version won't be using StarForce protection? And I'm guessing that with Feral's wizardry, the high recommended system requirements shouldn't be a concern for performance since they are 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo with 3GB of RAM/512MB VRAM for the Mac version compared to 2.5GHz Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM/64MB VRAM for the PC version. I was surprised the GMA X3100 wouldn't be supported seeing the original game only called for a 1GHz PIII and a 32MB DX8 Radeon 8500, but it doesn't effect me anymore since I've sold my spare older MacBook.

#47 dr.zeissler

dr.zeissler

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

Looks like COD2, i think i skip this one and wait for other things to come.

edit: sorry, it's a legends title; not full price; so it's ok.
 iMac 2.93C2D ATI-4850 4GB 640GB BT AP SD
 MacbookPro 2.4C2D 9600GT 4GB 250GB BT AP SD
 iPod Video 30GB - Airport Extreme - Synology 406 1.6TB@Raid5

#48 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on 23 March 2010 - 06:24 AM, said:

And congratulations to Brad since I think it was mentioned that this is his first project at Feral.

Double Time was in development before Brad joined, the first Feral project he was a member of was Rome TW. :)

View Postltcommander.data, on 23 March 2010 - 06:24 AM, said:

I just want to double check that the Mac version won't be using StarForce protection?

Don't think that exists on the Mac. Anyway every Feral game will ALWAYS have a DRM solution that is root kit etc free. Since games went to DVD from CD we have used our own custom DRM so we can control the user experience.

I can confirm that we would NEVER use StarForce.:)

View Postltcommander.data, on 23 March 2010 - 06:24 AM, said:

And I'm guessing that with Feral's wizardry, the high recommended system requirements shouldn't be a concern for performance since they are 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo with 3GB of RAM/512MB VRAM for the Mac version compared to 2.5GHz Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM/64MB VRAM for the PC version.

I think you are getting confused between PC min/rec spec and the Mac versions, let me explain. The recommended requirements for BiA on Mac are based on modern monitors not the older and lower resolution monitors when this game shipped on the PC.

Second we are Feral make sure out min and recommended spec is what a Mac user would expect (Mac users tend to have a higher expectation of what min and recommended mean). This means min spec means you can have a good experience (at lower settings) all the way through the game. This is tested extensively internally at Feral before a decision is made. For recommended we do the same, turn up all the settings and still get great experience. You can get a great experience on machines in between min and recommended and will be able to have most things on, but maybe not everything.

Hope that explains everything!

Edwin

#49 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7248 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

View Postdr.zeissler, on 23 March 2010 - 06:32 AM, said:

Looks like COD2, i think i skip this one and wait for other things to come.
It's a very different game than CoD, since BiA is far more tactical and team based: you are the squad leader of a whole group of (AI) soldiers that you can give orders to. Anyway, I have to admit that I'm pretty sick of WWII shooters myself, so I'll probably pass on this one.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#50 Wumpus

Wumpus

    MacGameCast Host

  • IMG Writers
  • 1437 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus
  • Location:Indieland: Bastion & Lone Survivor.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

I played BiA: Hells Highway last year, and I really enjoyed it. Good graphics, gameplay, and excellent story telling. Actually made it very personable. A different experience for me with that kind of shooter. Also enjoyed the tactics involved in the combat. It wasn't very complex, but it was refreshing all the same.

Can't speak for the prior titles, but I know they are well rated and regarded. I'm glad to see this is coming to the Mac. Can't say if I'll be picking it up or not, especially since I've done Hell's Highway already, and it would probably be hard for me to go back to an earlier title. Either way, more good games for Mac is always great in my book :)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#51 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • Steam Name:Mister Mumbles
  • Location:Not here; not there; not anywhere!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

So... anyone willing to take stab at guessing what project Yamamoto will be? Hm. Looks like churned up water. *scratches head*
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#52 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

    Positronic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 23 March 2010 - 06:51 AM, said:

I think you are getting confused between PC min/rec spec and the Mac versions, let me explain. The recommended requirements for BiA on Mac are based on modern monitors not the older and lower resolution monitors when this game shipped on the PC.

Second we are Feral make sure out min and recommended spec is what a Mac user would expect (Mac users tend to have a higher expectation of what min and recommended mean). This means min spec means you can have a good experience (at lower settings) all the way through the game. This is tested extensively internally at Feral before a decision is made. For recommended we do the same, turn up all the settings and still get great experience. You can get a great experience on machines in between min and recommended and will be able to have most things on, but maybe not everything.

Hope that explains everything!

Edwin
Thanks. This is good to know that Feral's system requirements are more realistic. PC system requirements often seem to assume some really low resolution like 640x480 which is frustrating.

View PostPegasus, on 23 March 2010 - 10:24 AM, said:

So... anyone willing to take stab at guessing what project Yamamoto will be? Hm. Looks like churned up water. *scratches head*
The most obvious guess would be Battlestations: Pacific so that probably isn't correct. Hmm...

#53 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 15867 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

View PostPegasus, on 23 March 2010 - 10:24 AM, said:

So... anyone willing to take stab at guessing what project Yamamoto will be? Hm. Looks like churned up water. *scratches head*
The churned up water is the wake of a ship.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#54 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7248 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

View Postltcommander.data, on 23 March 2010 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostPegasus, on 23 March 2010 - 10:24 AM, said:

So... anyone willing to take stab at guessing what project Yamamoto will be? Hm. Looks like churned up water. *scratches head*
The most obvious guess would be Battlestations: Pacific so that probably isn't correct. Hmm...
Hm... I'd also say Battlestations Pacific. On the other hand, that would really be too obvious.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#55 ikir

ikir

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir
  • Location:In front of my Mac

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:37 AM

Cool! Feral rocks as always :-)

I still must buy Bioschock.... short on time and money in these months.
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#56 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

    Positronic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:23 AM

View Postikir, on 24 March 2010 - 04:37 AM, said:

Cool! Feral rocks as always :-)

I still must buy Bioschock.... short on time and money in these months.
That does bring up the idea that Yamamoto might be Bioshock 2, based on the picture, not really the name. It might be a bit early to bring on the sequel though unless Bioshock did really well.

I do think that Yamamoto will be a recent AAA title under the main Feral brand since the last 2 releases have been Feral Legends titles and Hokage may be Mini Ninjas. Maybe Just Cause 2 seeing that it takes place in Asia and given that many Eidos titles seem to go to Feral for porting? Although I think Batman: Arkham Asylum would be great as the next Eidos port.

#57 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7248 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 23 March 2010 - 03:19 PM, said:

Hm... I'd also say Battlestations Pacific. On the other hand, that would really be too obvious.
No, wait a second: I'll take that back. We all know the famous Japanese battleship was called Yamato, not Yamamoto. So, no, that can't be Battlestations Pacific. Impossible. :D

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#58 BenRoethig

BenRoethig

    Heroic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Location:Dubuque, Iowa USA

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

Isoroku Yamamoto was the commander in chief of the imperial japanese navy

#59 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

View PostBenRoethig, on 24 March 2010 - 10:32 AM, said:

Isoroku Yamamoto was the commander in chief of the imperial japanese navy

Really? It also means "base of a mountain" :)

Edwin

#60 DurandalTycho

DurandalTycho

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 24 March 2010 - 11:25 AM, said:

Really? It also means "base of a mountain" :)

Edwin

It's supreme commander isn't it!!!

:o