DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

I watched someone on You Tube playing Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies on an iPad and they were doing great. I can't recall now if they were using a controller or not but i don't think they were.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#2022 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:50 AM

Feral just announced, they are bringing 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' to the Mac (and Linux) later this year.

On the minisite they also revealed they are using Metal:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is coming to Mac using Apple’s Metal graphics API, delivering Deus Ex onto the OS in spectacularly polished form.

#2023 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 15 September 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

That's good, because playing it with a 970, I don't see how it could run on a real Mac otherwise. This is one of those games I'd want to play in Windows anyway to wring out every frame I can.

Game is great so far, although the story is pretty dull.

#2024 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 15 September 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

Feral just announced, they are bringing 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' to the Mac (and Linux) later this year.

I can't wait to see it!
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#2025 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:54 AM

Dawn of War 2. YaY!

#2026 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 23 September 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

Dawn of War 2. YaY!

Don't forget Chaos Rising and Retribution too! :] We reckoned you might want all three at once.
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#2027 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

Nice!!!

Ellie, I wonder if the upcoming Mac version of Deus Ex Mankind Divided will ship with at least the first DLC (System Rift)?
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#2028 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

'Dawn of War II' is now on the radar as coming very soon, but the project '808 SB12S' is still on there too.
Either the radar isn't properly displaying it or maybe '808 SB12S' was a different game all along?

#2029 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 23 September 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

'Dawn of War II' is now on the radar as coming very soon, but the project '808 SB12S' is still on there too.
Either the radar isn't properly displaying it or maybe '808 SB12S' was a different game all along?
Given the number of available Warhammer games, it wouldn't be impossible that it's actually yet another one. Maybe it's even Dawn of War III.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2030 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:17 PM

False alarm.
Dawn of War II and its two standalone expansions are out on Steam and Mac App Store and now '808 SB12S' is gone from the radar.

Still lots on the radar.

#2031 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:28 PM

Meanwhile "Pathetic earthlings" are quietly orbiting in the "quite soon" region, abord their vessel "Starship entreprise". My bet is that they will reach Earth this decade,... or the next.

#2032 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

View Postjeannot, on 29 September 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Meanwhile "Pathetic earthlings" are quietly orbiting in the "quite soon" region, abord their vessel "Starship entreprise". My bet is that they will reach Earth this decade,... or the next.

I was a freshman in high school when those showed up on the radar. Oh boy
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

GOG: ipickert55 Add me!

Zeus - Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 RAM

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS Seirra 10.12.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#2033 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

I was a freshman in high school when President Kennedy was shot.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2034 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 29 September 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

I was a freshman in high school when President Kennedy was shot.

Im going to call you Grandpa cat from now on.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

GOG: ipickert55 Add me!

Zeus - Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 RAM

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS Seirra 10.12.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#2035 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:10 AM

I was a freshman in high school when the pharaohs were building the pyramids and tBC lies. I saw him around and he was old then. You know the Sphinx? Yeah, that's right. He was the model for that one.

By the way, followed a link in the Feral Newsletter to a sweet little You Tube video of some Rome: Total War on iPad gameplay just showing off how nice the touch interface is for troop selection and movement. The game looks sweet. Sorry I am too lazy to go grab the link but it must be on their site and You Tube channel for those interested which should be everyone with an appropriate iPad. Those not packing the requisite gear need to get themselves squared away.

#2036 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

I thought being old enough to remember computers where games came on cassettes was bad enough but you guys must remember the abacus :biggrin:  

Anyway now that barring last minute disaster we are getting the latest Deus Ex game do you think there is hope for the new Tomb Raider sequel as well? i.e. given what Metal offers in Sierra and the programming miracles the Feral team manage with what scraps Apple give them?

If we could get F1 2016 or the presumed 2017 sequel I could get by with OS X only for gaming which would be a plus financially for sure.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#2037 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:41 PM

Wasn't F1 cancelled due to port problems? Or am I thinking of another racing game? Maybe Feral can revisit it with Sierra's Metal.

Yes, I see hope for Tomb Raider. Surprised it hasn't been announced yet. I think it's inevitable, like the new Hitman.

I was a Freshman in high school when 9/11 happened.

The college freshmen I'm teaching were three  when Fellowship of the Ring came out, and nine when the iPhone was released.

Crap.

#2038 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

F1 2015 was indeed cancelled for Mac and only released for Linux because the newer graphics engine couldn't be ported with the OpenGL features on the Mac and Metal had only just arrived so wasn't really a possibility.

Linux fans got a more up to date game in terms of the cars, tracks  and drivers but to be fair both F1 2014 and 2015 which we missed out on didn't get the best reviews as some features and game modes were missing because CodeMasters were transitioning to the new game engine for the latest consoles.

Although only 6 races remain of the actual season the latest game F1 2016 has only been out a couple of months (I think), but is getting great reviews so it would be nice to get either this one or the next in the series if technically possible.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#2039 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:28 AM

View PostCougar, on 01 October 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

Wasn't F1 cancelled due to port problems? Or am I thinking of another racing game? Maybe Feral can revisit it with Sierra's Metal.

Yes, I see hope for Tomb Raider. Surprised it hasn't been announced yet. I think it's inevitable, like the new Hitman.

I was a Freshman in high school when 9/11 happened.

The college freshmen I'm teaching were three  when Fellowship of the Ring came out, and nine when the iPhone was released.

Crap.

I watched it all on live television as it was happening. Later that day, I went out and bought a copy of the local paper which featured the twin towers in flames on the front page and complete coverage such as it was on that history making day. I placed it in one of my wicker basket "memory boxes" my girls know I have for them to find one day when I am no longer here. I already gave my youngest my copy of LIFE Magazine which famously covered the Kennedy assassination and featured the Zapruder film photos. I like to save things like that when something happens. Many years later, it will be something that I hope will bring those events to life somewhat for my children and their children.

Anyway, I'll never forget the deep feeling of unease that day brought with it as I imagine is true for most Americans old enough to be aware of what was happening at the time.

Anyway, back to all things Feral...

I have to say that seeing Rome: Total War on the iPad really got me excited for the game. It just looks really great and seemed to be performing really well with plenty going on on screen directing various troop movements, etc. The touch controls seem very intuitive from what I saw.

I find it quite exciting that Feral will be bringing their signature level of quality to iOS game development and already can't wait to find out whatever they do next there even though ROME hasn't released yet.

I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised by the gems in the iOS world so far. Sure, there is just tons of what I'd call junk personally but that is everywhere, although certainly the numbers are higher on the App Store. Fortunately though, there are some sweet games to play that work well with touch and it's fun to lay back with the iPad and enjoy a different kind of gaming experience I think. I love how I can just sit or lay around anywhere and play something decent if I feel like it. I love the portability too for the rare occasion I might take a trip. The iPad's features offer everything I need in the way of computing away from home for a trip including some game time.

#2040 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

Mad Max is now officially announced for a October 20 release (it was indeed "F-Foxy").

System requirements:

Minimum:
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Intel 3.2 GHz CPU
8 GB RAM
35 GB Hard Disk
2 GB VRAM

Recommended:
Intel 3.6 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
4 GB VRAM

The following graphics cards are not supported: AMD Radeon HD 6xxx series, AMD Radeon HD 7xxx series, AMD Radeon HD 5xxx series, AMD Radeon HD 4xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, ATI X1xxx series, Intel Iris Pro 5200, Intel HD6000, Intel HD5000, Intel Iris 6100, Intel HD4000, Intel HD5300, Intel HD3000, Intel Iris Pro 6200, Intel GMA series, Intel Iris 5100, Intel HD 515, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 1xx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 9xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"