Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

I'd love it if it was Batman Arkham Asylum but I doubt it. That picture doesn't look like it could be part of anything related to that game. It doesn't look rustic enough. I'd probably guess a Naruto game before I'd guess that one. But even then I don't see how that picture fits. But the picture doesn't look like it's a part of anything dark nor anything cell shaded.

Speaking of brawlers though and this is not a guess but I'd like to see Street Fighter IV come to the Mac. It's already on the PC.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#22 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

I have to say some of the theories in this thread have had so much thought put into them and are quite clever in their links, you could all work on the scripts for the new X-Files movie especially ltcommander.data :)

The bit about Hokage being a term from Naruto is correct and there have been quite a few Naruto games that are not XBox exclusive in fact most of the original ones I played where on the GameCube :) Your thoughts about the code names being only at best loosely connected to the actual game is correct (they usually only make sense after you are told the game name) although you have not hit the jackpot quite yet.

The only thing I can confirm is have watched my fair amount of Naruto :)

Oh and no it is not a Naruto game just in case someone thinks just because I like something we must be porting it :) I also like the look of Uncharted 2 but that does not mean we will suddenly manage to license a PS3 exclusive :)

Edwin

#23 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:21 AM

Five smilies?!?
ITS A CLUE!!!!!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#24 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:41 AM

We just need to figure out what it means.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#25 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:51 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on September 28th 2009, 06:41 AM, said:

Liberator.

ltcommander.data has already started up his essay on what they could possibly mean, but I'm not sure he's past the abstract stage yet. Let's wait a few days and get it past the peer review and then we should see what he makes of it all.  :nods:

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:34 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on September 28th 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

View Postteflon, on September 28th 2009, 12:21 PM, said:

Five smilies?!?
ITS A CLUE!!!!!

Liberator.
That's simple. We just have to connect the smilies and we get this:
Posted Image

See? That's totally a crowbar! It's Half-Life 2!! W000t!!!

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on September 28th 2009, 06:51 AM, said:

ltcommander.data has already started up his essay on what they could possibly mean, but I'm not sure he's past the abstract stage yet. Let's wait a few days and get it past the peer review and then we should see what he makes of it all.  :nods:
It may be a while longer since I'm still trying to un-contort myself from my last guess.   :blush:

#28 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:23 AM

View PostJanichsan, on September 28th 2009, 09:34 PM, said:

That's simple. We just have to connect the smilies and we get this:
Posted Image

See? That's totally a crowbar! It's Half-Life 2!! W000t!!!
Are you sure? I think I might just wait a few days and see what LT can come up with…

View PostDaveyJJ, on September 28th 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

Liberator.

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

#29 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

I dunno Janich...
It looks more like an upside-down Big Dipper to me, which in Dutch is Steelpannetje (meaning Saucepan).
Clearly that means its gonna be Cooking Mama...
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#30 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

View Postteflon, on September 28th 2009, 11:12 AM, said:

I dunno Janich...
It looks more like an upside-down Big Dipper to me, which in Dutch is Steelpannetje (meaning Saucepan).
Clearly that means its gonna be Cooking Mama...

I guess I see that, but isn't that part of the constellation Ursa Major (the great bear) as well? Anyone know any bear games? Or maybe "bare" games ... perhaps a Leisure Suit Larry remake? Or an interactive strip poker game?

Personally, I see it looking much more like the fastest route out of the Badlands red team spawn area in Team Fortress 2. That's my $0.02 for ya. Now back to Battlefield 1943.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#31 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

By the way: since before Christmas (and while the IMG forum was down), another upcoming project turned up, called – guess what – "ASH". Based on the picture, I would assume it's Brothers in Arms, that basically has already been announced as next Legend title in the flyer that came with the Bioshock box.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#32 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hmmm, well then. I must keep an eye on it.

Liberator.

#33 Coug-it

Coug-it

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

It looks like there's supposedly a strategy pack coming out some day:

http://www.jr.com/fe...e/pe/FRL_00375/

#34 Sargiel

Sargiel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

Hmm that looks like a great combination of games. I'd heard Imperial Glory was good and the Commando games would be worth grabbing. I'm loving Feral & VP Ltd at the moment :)

Edit: Although Europa Universalis 3 has robbed me of any free time I thought I had ;)

#35 jackdawsson

jackdawsson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

View PostSargiel, on January 10th 2010, 01:29 PM, said:

Hmm that looks like a great combination of games. I'd heard Imperial Glory was good and the Commando games would be worth grabbing. I'm loving Feral & VP Ltd at the moment :)

Edit: Although Europa Universalis 3 has robbed me of any free time I thought I had ;)
IMHO, "Imperial Glory" really is good enough to buy as a standalone game. So this strategy pack from Feral surely is a must for any Mac RTS gamer still missing a couple of these titles.

Feral keep delivering, so full credit to them - just hope they get round to doing a Mac port of "Cossacks" or maybe one of the great American Civil War games.

#36 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

I still think Enemy Engaged is an odd choice for a strategy game pack. Guess they needed some kind of filler.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#37 Coug-it

Coug-it

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

I'm pretty interested in getting an OS X version of Enemy Engaged that will run on an Intel based Mac.  

And there is strategy involved in it as this isn't just a lone-wolf flight-sim but has a war that is persistently going on around you
(both on the ground and in the air).   Hardly filler...

#38 Omaha Sternberg

Omaha Sternberg

iGame Radio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

Okay, my turn to have some fun here. You want convoluted? How's this for convoluted...

"The faces of the first five Hokage are engraved on the rock formation overlooking Konohagakure." The image shown looks suspiciously like Mount Rushmore. In doing more research, I discovered that Mount Rushmore has been featured in a number of different video games, among them, Sam & Max Hit the Road. I happen to have strong evidence (including from their CEO's own mouth) that Telltale Games is in the process of porting all of their games, including their Sam & Max franchise, to the Mac. So, Feral is porting the Sam & Max franchise, and that's what Hokage means.

Is that convoluted, or what?  :P
Omaha Sternberg
Host
iGame Radio

#39 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17434 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Yes.  And don't be such a stranger.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#40 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostCoug-it, on January 20th 2010, 05:31 AM, said:

I'm pretty interested in getting an OS X version of Enemy Engaged that will run on an Intel based Mac.
Well, the PPC version runs pretty well on my MacBook Pro, just not native.