#1 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7236 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Okay, it probably already filtered through that Feral has a new "Upcoming" page on their website. Besides Bioshock and Rome Total War, there's a third project hinted at coming "quite soon". Originally, it only read "???" and showed only a grey picture, but now it says "Hokage" and there's a small clipping of a obviously much bigger picture visible.

What. The. Hell?

The picture looks somewhat cartoonish and "hokage" could either be a weird anagram, some code, Japanese (could mean something like either "silhouette of a sail" or "shadow by the light of a fire", depending on the actual Japanese writing) or complete rubbish.

Discuss!

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 charmin

charmin

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

Japanese racing game? :o
15"MBP@2.4/250/2/256 (This space saving format should be an international standard)
I'm actually TOO good at both TMFPPG and Fable:TLC.
I sleep in a BBEdit T-shirt, but I'm a TextMate user.

#3 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Mirror's Edge?

http://www.insidemac.......st&p=378930

View Postedddeduck, on September 24th 2009, 07:47 AM, said:

Will give you the internal codename "Project Ash"
And in another thread edddeduck mentioned the code name for the title is "Project Ash".

http://www.insidemac.......st&p=378953

And based on comments here, there may be a fourth title that Brad will be working on.

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

Final Fantasy XIII  :P

Wasn't Ash a trainer in pokemon, perhaps were getting a pokemon game  ;)
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odin - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#5 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

Can I have a go at guessing the game too?

I think it will be Lose/Lose.

Edwin

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7236 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

View Postedddeduck, on September 25th 2009, 11:17 AM, said:

Edwin
Hey, stop trying to distract us! Shoo! Back to work! You have games to port.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15851 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

View Postedddeduck, on September 25th 2009, 02:17 AM, said:

Edwin
Windows isn't a game silly, it's an operating system.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

Man, I hope that you guys can get the DX10 effects from L/L running on the Mac. Maybe you could even give us an OSX-esque mode where all of the files are scaled versions of what they contain, like in the finder. And if its a long document it could explode into individual pages.
That'd be cool...

Are you gonna port the sequel Win/Win too? The gameplay's basically the same, but all of the bullets fly in reverse and its actually downloading random files from the internet (mainly pr0n). And if you get hit by a file and win, then the game installs a daemon which just downloads the entirety of Wikipedia, BBC News, and several pr0n sites to your HDD, then chooses a random encryption, password and compression format, compresses the files into numerous pieces, then deletes the file identifiers.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#9 lewdvig

lewdvig

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:41 PM

View Postteflon, on September 25th 2009, 09:41 AM, said:

Man, I hope that you guys can get the DX10 effects from L/L running on the Mac. Maybe you could even give us an OSX-esque mode where all of the files are scaled versions of what they contain, like in the finder. And if its a long document it could explode into individual pages.
That'd be cool...

Are you gonna port the sequel Win/Win too? The gameplay's basically the same, but all of the bullets fly in reverse and its actually downloading random files from the internet (mainly pr0n). And if you get hit by a file and win, then the game installs a daemon which just downloads the entirety of Wikipedia, BBC News, and several pr0n sites to your HDD, then chooses a random encryption, password and compression format, compresses the files into numerous pieces, then deletes the file identifiers.

project ash? gotta be Fallout 3

#10 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3684 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

View Postteflon, on September 26th 2009, 01:41 AM, said:

That would be so funny. :rotfl:

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#11 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

View Postlewdvig, on September 25th 2009, 11:41 PM, said:

project ash? gotta be Fallout 3
http://www.insidemac.......st&p=378944

I suggested Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Dawn of War, and STALKER, but Edwin shot them all down.  :(

Stormrise also came to mind for me, but seeing it basically floundered and no longer seems to be supported with a planned patch cancelled, I highly doubt it.

Maybe I'm mixing things up, but it's very difficult to draw a connection between Hokage and the cartoonish picture on the Feral page and Project Ash beyond the already mentioned Pokemon. But I guess it being hard is the point.

#12 feral_thierry

feral_thierry

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

I think it's a remake of Phoenix <http://en.wikipedia....nix_(video_game)>

#13 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3684 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:57 PM

Are you trying to put us off the scent?

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#14 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:10 AM

Okay. I think I'm definitely spending too much time pondering this thing. But my latest theory is this. Hokage is a term from the world of Naruto, a Japanese manga series, that is also a video game series by Ubisoft. These games have so far been XBox 360 exclusive and I don't see them coming to computers. What I do find interesting about Ubisoft's Naruto games is that they use the Jade engine, which conveniently is also used by Beyond Good & Evil. Beyond Good & Evil was created by Michel Ancel who also created the Rayman series and Feral already has a relationship with his work along with Ubisoft through Feral's port of Rayman 3. Beyond Good & Evil also seems to be a commonly asked for Feral Legends title and given it's age, Ubisoft probably wouldn't mind someone else porting it over rather than assuming the risk and effort themselves by doing a Cider port. If Robosoft is doing the port, then it would also fit the "Not everything in this world is black and white" hint that they used to have on their website still available through Google cache.

http://74.125.113.13...p;client=safari

I'm not quite sure how the Project Ash reference fits in though. If I were to go for a stretch, Edwin said it was the original developers who codenamed this Ash rather than Feral while Thierry just threw out Phoenix and it's well known that Michel Ancel has been trying to push out the rest of the Beyond Good and Evil trilogy for a while, so perhaps the Mac port is the first step in the series rising from the ashes. Wow, I'm really grasping at straws here.   :unsure:

#15 alkar

alkar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

Mini Ninjas or Batman Dark Asylum imo (I guess batman since it s been much more successful...)

#16 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • 3855 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

Can I guess? Can I guess?

<looks through various NDAs>

Nope.  :whistling:
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#17 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on September 26th 2009, 09:10 AM, said:

Okay. I think I'm definitely spending too much time pondering this thing. But my latest theory is this. Hokage is a term from the world of Naruto, a Japanese manga series, that is also a video game series by Ubisoft. These games have so far been XBox 360 exclusive and I don't see them coming to computers. What I do find interesting about Ubisoft's Naruto games is that they use the Jade engine, which conveniently is also used by Beyond Good & Evil. Beyond Good & Evil was created by Michel Ancel who also created the Rayman series and Feral already has a relationship with his work along with Ubisoft through Feral's port of Rayman 3. Beyond Good & Evil also seems to be a commonly asked for Feral Legends title and given it's age, Ubisoft probably wouldn't mind someone else porting it over rather than assuming the risk and effort themselves by doing a Cider port. If Robosoft is doing the port, then it would also fit the "Not everything in this world is black and white" hint that they used to have on their website still available through Google cache.

http://74.125.113.13...p;client=safari

I'm not quite sure how the Project Ash reference fits in though. If I were to go for a stretch, Edwin said it was the original developers who codenamed this Ash rather than Feral while Thierry just threw out Phoenix and it's well known that Michel Ancel has been trying to push out the rest of the Beyond Good and Evil trilogy for a while, so perhaps the Mac port is the first step in the series rising from the ashes. Wow, I'm really grasping at straws here.   :unsure:

Excellent guess.

If this turns out to be true it's even better than the exposing of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. ;)
MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display
2.3 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB VRAM
OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

#18 dr.zeissler

dr.zeissler

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

http://ubitv.de.ubi....&...id=0&side=9

?
 iMac 2.93C2D ATI-4850 4GB 640GB BT AP SD
 MacbookPro 2.4C2D 9600GT 4GB 250GB BT AP SD
 iPod Video 30GB - Airport Extreme - Synology 406 1.6TB@Raid5

#19 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:54 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on September 26th 2009, 05:43 PM, said:

Can I guess? Can I guess?

<looks through various NDAs>

Nope.  :whistling:

You can guess. That is to say, you can guess. Wait, no. you can guess.
You just can't guess correctly...

@ltcommander: I took what Edwin said to mean that the codename for the game whilst it was in development by the original team was Project Ash. Not that they've given Feral a codename to use for the port...
So sorry, but I don't get the feeling that its Beyond Good and Evil. Im not saying that BG&E isn't what Robosoft's clue is/means, just that I don't think that it refers to Project Ash.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#20 lewdvig

lewdvig

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

View Postalkar, on September 26th 2009, 08:43 AM, said:

Mini Ninjas or Batman Dark Asylum imo (I guess batman since it s been much more successful...)

Bam! Batman it is. UE3 game and a brawler of which there are few on the Mac.

An awesome game. Try the demo in BC if you have a windows partition setup. Its an instant buy.