3 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

I've been playing the original Zuma on and off over the years, and I still love it. I've tried various similar games during that time, but none had any of the draw that Zuma had, which was the best game of its type - even better than the very first game in this genre it was copying: ActionLoop.

I've almost run out of my trial time just now with Zuma's Revenge, and I'm loving it! I'll definitely be buying this one today. Popcap has done another commendable job, incorporating a few ideas from some of the other games, but adding greater polish and care to their game. The boss fights are certainly quite fun, even if they're not particularly difficult.

I also noticed it's the first Popcap game that's displayed in widescreen format. Looks pretty good in fullscreen mode. Unfortunately, as was the case with Plants vs Zombies it's only compatible with Intel Macs. Sorry, PPC folks.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#2 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

View PostPegasus, on September 15th 2009, 12:51 PM, said:

Unfortunately, as was the case with Plants vs Zombies it's only compatible with Intel Macs. Sorry, PPC folks.

I'm sure most of us will get over it. (At least I will.) Besides, we'll upgrade some day.
Likely on a rainy day.

-Mike

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#3 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

I've tried the demo, the game is fun, smooth and the updated graphics is great!
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#4 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

Just finally finished the main adventure mode two days ago. It was getting kind of tough there at the end, and it took me a good few tries to get to the last boss with my last life, which I almost lost at times. Very creative though. Good fun.

Now I've got Iron Frog and Heroic Frog to mess with. Yikes! The former is a series of ten challenging stages and you're given only one life. Heroic Frog is a considerably tougher version of the adventure mode. And there are plenty of single stage challenges to complete. There's definitely a heck of lot of playtime to be gotten out of this game.

Yup. Zuma's still the best of its kind. :)
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.