Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on September 4th 2009, 09:52 AM, said:

Nuh unh.

It's OK.  I grew up with computers so I acquired knowledge of all the bits and bytes stuff basically through osmosis, while you were already semi-decrepit when computers were invented, so it's a much harder struggle to integrate foreign concepts like that.  To this day you have a relationship with computers much like the apes have with the monolith in 2001.  But I understand, so I don't hold it against you.

--Eric

#102 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

Nuh unh a rillion billion times and puckey in your mouth.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#103 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

View PostFrigidman, on September 4th 2009, 05:37 AM, said:

I think it was more of "If you are going to advertise selling a HDD of 1 TB, then by god make it format to 1TB and not 900GB."
As soon as you put partitions and an FS on it the FS' advertised capacity is entirely outside the control of the drive maker. Also, and this is a big logical step for some of us, the drive maker is already advertising an entirely accurate capacity - it is the OS or app that introduces the shorthand. Further, it is the end user that fell on their head as a child and can't understand what the shorthand means. So, to sum up: if you buy a drive and can't fit everything you think it should fit, then you're gonna need a bigger drive.