Sims 3 Cheat Console

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 veganice

veganice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  I have Sims 3 on my mac book and it runs fine (a little slow in saving and opening)  - however, when I use the  Ctrl Shift C command nothing happens except the screen darkens and two translucent bands appear at the top and bottom - no cheat console opens.  I suspect that another short cut is initiated by this command (when I do it in finder - it activates the "go" menu). I have gone into system preferences and can't find it in there to deactivate... I have even tried turning off all shortcuts and still the cheat console does not open.

SO, does it work for anyone out there?  Do I have to be somewhere special? Does it only work in the start up phase in the game?   Is there another code for macs?

Thanks in advance.  :-)

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

I'm not that familar with TS3, but based on my experience with both of its predecessors I would say that what you are seeing is the cheat console. There never was more than a single command line.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 luws

luws

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

View Postveganice, on July 19th 2009, 08:05 AM, said:

Help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  I have Sims 3 on my mac book and it runs fine (a little slow in saving and opening)  - however, when I use the  Ctrl Shift C command nothing happens except the screen darkens and two translucent bands appear at the top and bottom - no cheat console opens.  I suspect that another short cut is initiated by this command (when I do it in finder - it activates the "go" menu). I have gone into system preferences and can't find it in there to deactivate... I have even tried turning off all shortcuts and still the cheat console does not open.

SO, does it work for anyone out there?  Do I have to be somewhere special? Does it only work in the start up phase in the game?   Is there another code for macs?

Thanks in advance.  :-)
That translucent bar at the top of your screen IS the cheat window. That's all it is. Put your cursor in there, type the cheat and hit return. You'r'e done.