1 reply to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:57 AM

Gameplay Monthly has posted a new review of the recently released The Sims 3. The game adds customizable personalities, goal oriented gameplay, movie creation and editing, and an online community to the familiar lifesim formula. Hooked Gamers gave The Sims 3 a grade of A-.

From the review:

Besides fulfilling wishes, Sims experience positive and negative ‘Moodlets’. If a Sim was able to eat a well cooked meal, they will get a mood boost. For instance, my Sims experienced a 40 point boost in mood after the birth of their first child, a value for continued for 24 hours. Furthermore, because I took care of my Sims, their Mood Meter was nearly capped off for those 24 hours. As such, they got a huge boost in Happiness Points!

Moodlets come from almost anything. Sims can get positive moodlets for sitting on a comfortable object (effective for however long they sit or lay there), or from being in a well decorated/built house or room. It can be from a good night’s sleep, or a well cooked meal, or from a particularly nice kiss. But there are negative moodlets as well. Some examples are from eating a bad meal, seeing something gross (like a plate left out too long), or from being particularly sleepy. You can get a 4 hour negative moodlet if a Sim walks in on your Sims Woohooing!

But what are all of these points for? Well, this is where it gets pretty cool. Happiness points can be used to buy PERMANENT traits to add. A few examples are ‘Steel Bladder’, which makes it so your Sim never has to use a toilet again; Multitasker, which allows Sims to get a boost in job or school performance without stressing out over it; or, one of my favorites, Vacationer, which lets a Sim duck out of work every now and then without any negative job feedback. Another favorite is the ‘Fertility Treatment’, which almost promises that every time your Sim and their spouse get pregnant, they’ll have twins or triplets.

You can buy however many of these traits you can, and while some are rather silly (like a Food Replicator, which clones food) others are invaluable if you want your Sim to focus on more important things, like work or Family.
Head over to the link below for the full review.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Steam Name:rangerjoe79
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:05 AM

My girlrfriend thinks that this is the best Sims game to date. I tip my hat to EA for placing the Mac and PC versions on the same disc.