4 replies to this topic

#1 dashn

dashn

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hello,
here some official description:
"PoolStars is a realistic feeling, 3D, multi-player pool game developed with the input from 6-time World Snooker Champion Steve Davis. PoolStars is a fun, safe place to play pool with people from across the globe 365 days a year."

I just noticed that today they released a version for MAC -
download . Look at the graphics it's awesome:

Posted Image Posted Image

What do you think about it? :)

#2 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

Looks good. But the site involves both free and betting/real money games. Not sure it's OK to promote this as gambling with real $ is not legal in many jurisdictions. Can a mod better answer this? Where is that Frost guy?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#3 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Looks neat, but

A) After installing it and trying to fire it up, it just uses 100% of one of my CPU cores and hangs indefinitely until I force quit
B) I'm not sure an actual gambling game is good to go or not... I'll defer to tBC on this one.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#4 dashn

dashn

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

Hmm, I just wrote about it in the mind that you can play it from play money against the opponents around the world for free, the cash game is an option - you can play or not. And one more thing - it's not a gambling, it's a skill game and that's mean you need to have a skills to beat top players ;) But this is just my humble opinion...

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

My take on it is that if you can download the game and play it for free, then it's cool.  It would sort of be like not allowing games that have gold farmers participating.  Not quite like that... but I can't stop anybody from making bets on the side when they play a first person shooter.  You need to be an adult to create a real money account.  We have other gambling games that are in the IMG news and reviews.  As far as I can tell they don't use real money, but I'm not sure that is a requirement.  Just use your common sense, think of how many online cheaters and hacks there are for shooters.  Do you really want to put your money on the line in an online game?

I'm OK with this but if Tuncer or Fm doesn't like it then expect it to disappear from the forums.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat