78 replies to this topic

#61 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

Check out the new promo video on Youtube (or higher quality original video), which has some graphics from the upcoming new version that's in review at Apple.  No battlecats were harmed in the production of this motion picture (well, unless you count wedgies).

--Eric

#62 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17440 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

It looks like some wise ass commented on your youtube page.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#63 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Too bad that wise ass wouldn't have made, you know, a useful comment.  Maybe something along the lines of this useful review on SlideToPlay.

--Eric

#64 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

Good review, also, are there any update on the position of the game in the App Store ladder?

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#65 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

Well, despite all my chicken and cat sacrifices, it continued going down the top 100 games until it hit #96, at which point someone at Apple (who I totally did not offer any bribes to) decided to feature it in the New and Noteworthy section for games a few days ago, whereupon it started going back up again.  At least until it hit #83 yesterday, at which point I apparently decided to sabotage things by making a stupid metadata editing mistake, which caused it to vanish off the app store for a time.  Brilliant, eh?  Fortunately it mostly recovered, ending up at #89 last I checked.

--Eric

#66 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

Well that is not bad. At least it is in the top 100, out of a few thousand. :)

Liberator.

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

#67 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Now this is on the front page of the App Store under "Staff favorites".  Did I mention that the folks at Apple have exquisite taste?  Impeccable, really.  And I continue to maintain that no bribes were involved.  It's doing best in Israel, at #24 in games and #44 overall (also #3 in adventure and #5 in puzzles), and worst in Australia, at #72 in the adventure category and not appearing in any other list.  What's up with you Australians?!  :angry:

--Eric

#68 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Obviously most of us do not have taste in games, except, AMG, Tesseract some others and I. ;)

Liberator.

#69 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

View PostEric5h5, on April 28th 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

Now this is on the front page of the App Store under "Staff favorites".  Did I mention that the folks at Apple have exquisite taste?  Impeccable, really.  And I continue to maintain that no bribes were involved.  It's doing best in Israel, at #24 in games and #44 overall (also #3 in adventure and #5 in puzzles), and worst in Australia, at #72 in the adventure category and not appearing in any other list.  What's up with you Australians?!  :angry:

--Eric

I have found that your chicken and cat sacrifices have terribly taxed my ever expanding powers of mind control.
I had planned on plummeting Realmaze3D into oblivion by forcing the masses (with my aforementioned ever expanding powers of mind control) to seek iPhone entertainment elsewhere. My master plan, of course, was monetary gain through coercion. I figured I'd drive your app into the gutter to make you desperate for success, then, in a bold move, reveal to you my ever expanding powers of mind control, explain how I destroyed your success with my ever expanding powers of mind control, and (this is the monetary gain part), let you know that for a percentage of the action I could similarly drive your numbers through the roof. Y'know, by using my ever expanding powers of mind control. Just mentally impose upon folks the need to get Realmaze3D. You can do that kind of stuff with ever expanding powers of mind control.
But noooooooo. You had to sacrifice chickens and cats. Little did I know that voodoo ceremonies did so much to counter ever expanding powers of mind control. I never suspected this, and, really, who can blame me? A fella gets ever expanding powers of mind control and it kinda goes to your head. Kinda get a bit of the inflated ego and all that. Kinda start thinking like you've got some kind of Jedi Mind Trick on steroids. Makes a fella overlook some stuff. Like chicken and cat sacrifices. Who knew?
Oh, and my ever expanding powers of mind control haven't expanded to Israel. That's why you're doing so good there. Yah, I can't reach the Australians either. So I don't know what's going on with them. Maybe some other person with ever expanding mind control is trying to work the same scam on you over there. Maybe you should bring this up with the Liberator. He's kinda shifty.

#70 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Well, your ever-expanding powers of mind control were enough to make Apple send me the dreaded "Your application Realmaze3D is requiring unexpected additional time for review. We apologize for the delay, and will update you with further status as soon as we are able" automated message today regarding the version 1.1 update.  Cut it out!  It's just an update, enough with the mind control shenanigans and let it through already!  It's pretty much just a bunch of new graphics.  And French.  Oh, wait--

--Eric

#71 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

View PostEric5h5, on April 30th 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

Well, your ever-expanding powers of mind control were enough to make Apple send me the dreaded "Your application Realmaze3D is requiring unexpected additional time for review. We apologize for the delay, and will update you with further status as soon as we are able" automated message today regarding the version 1.1 update.  Cut it out!  It's just an update, enough with the mind control shenanigans and let it through already!  It's pretty much just a bunch of new graphics.  And French.  Oh, wait--

--Eric
Fine. I was really beginning to feel guilty about this whole thing, y'know, using m ever expanding mind control powers against a fellow IMGer. I'm sure if I keep it up it will vex tBC horribly, and even my ever expanding mind control powers are no match for a horribly vexed Battle Cat. I know my limitations!
I guess the gig is up with my ever expanding mind control powers anyways.  I'll ease up and try to dream up a less complicated way to use them to make myself obscenely rich. And maybe find a mark that isn't so savvy in the ways of small animal sacrifices!
:P

#72 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

What about penguins?  Should I sacrifice penguins too?

--Eric

#73 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

"We recommend it as a cool chill-out game."

It needs guns.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#74 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

Hmm...when I think "I'm in the mood to chill out", I tend not to associate this desire with guns.  But that's probably just me.  (On the other hand, the relatively poor showing on the charts in Australia is starting to make more sense now.)

--Eric

#75 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:29 AM

View PostRev-O, on May 1st 2009, 10:23 AM, said:

…Yah, I can't reach the Australians either. So I don't know what's going on with them. Maybe some other person with ever expanding mind control is trying to work the same scam on you over there. Maybe you should bring this up with the Liberator. He's kinda shifty.
Damn right.

View PostEric5h5, on May 1st 2009, 03:52 PM, said:

Hmm...when I think "I'm in the mood to chill out", I tend not to associate this desire with guns.  But that's probably just me.  (On the other hand, the relatively poor showing on the charts in Australia is starting to make more sense now.)
Damn right

By the way, maybe you should think of Aussie's as the craziest ARA members, and times it by, about a gogle. (That should be enough). ;)

Liberator.

#76 Mr. Selvetarm

Mr. Selvetarm

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

It's up to #35 in games. Is it time for Apple to send you a check yet?  ;)

#61 overall! Good job man, it's gonna hit number 1 before we know it.

Gosh it's been a while... Sold the Green Monster and the iPad for a truly amazing new beast.

THE RAINBOW GREMLIN: i5-760 @ 3.2ghz, ASUS H57 Mobo, EVGA 470 GTX (1280mb) , 8gb OCZ Reaper HPC, 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 2tb Samsung F3, 800 Watt Corsair PSU

#77 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Nah, it was at #56 a couple days ago, so it's heading down again.  Although it's holding steady at #35 in games, so I guess there have been a few more popular non-game apps lately.  If Apple would only approve the update, that would probably give it a boost.  I think they usually make payments within a few weeks past the end of the fiscal month, which is May 2 in this case, so I wouldn't expect to see anything for a little while yet.  Although technically they have up to 45 days.

--Eric

#78 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

Version 1.1 is out, yay!  "The game is perfect", says the latest 5-star review on the US iTunes App Store, written by somebody who is not related to me at all and who hasn't been bribed by me either (as far as I know).  Also Australia has been doing quite a bit better the last few days, to the point where there are almost a dozen countries now that are worse.  Good going Australia, maybe you guys aren't so bad!  You're still behind such countries as Russia, though, so you've got some ways to go.

--Eric

#79 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:43 AM

The lite version just came out...get it here.  So all you iDevice-owning cheapskates who can't cough up a couple of bucks to help support the best darn IMG moderator of all time can try it out!  ("Best" means "most likely to get beaten up by tBC with a rusty pipe", right?  At least that's what my dictionary says.)

--Eric