61 replies to this topic

#41 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

I'd have to pick up Colonization right away. Of course, I'd pick up BtS right away as well, lose another three months of my life and torpedo my productivity in finishing my basement... but after waiting for BtS this long I can't help but think :pinkpony:

#42 Chris14

Chris14

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

Aspyr, a message to you... port BTS and you most certainly have my wallet!

*hopes*

#43 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

View PostChris14, on April 18th 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

Aspyr, a message to you... port BTS and you most certainly have my wallet!

*hopes*
Sounds like maybe you didn't see this earlier in the thread?

#44 Beamup

Beamup

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

View PostAlanH, on April 16th 2009, 02:02 PM, said:

Apart from an unlinked incomplete under construction page, it isn't even announced.
The page is now linked and complete!
Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

#45 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:35 AM

View PostBeamup, on April 20th 2009, 03:10 AM, said:

The page is now linked and complete!
They added the main graphic, and it occasionally appears on the Aspyr home page since Saturday, linking to the release page. But there's still a "No Image" space on the release page and no release date; it doesn't feature anywhere in the Games Calendar or Aspyr Buzz sections; and you don't see it listed if you search on "Civilization". It still looks "under construction" to me.

#46 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:03 AM

View PostAlanH, on April 20th 2009, 06:35 AM, said:

They added the main graphic, and it occasionally appears on the Aspyr home page since Saturday, linking to the release page. But there's still a "No Image" space on the release page and no release date; it doesn't feature anywhere in the Games Calendar or Aspyr Buzz sections; and you don't see it listed if you search on "Civilization". It still looks "under construction" to me.

Do know that Aspyr's website is never updated in line with their announcements.  I've received release notes through their email notification system.  And, when I visit the site it rarely has the items available.  So, this par for the course.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#47 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

View Postdojoboy, on April 20th 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

Do know that Aspyr's website is never updated in line with their announcements.  I've received release notes through their email notification system.  And, when I visit the site it rarely has the items available.  So, this par for the course.
Have you received a release note for BtS one yet? I'm registered with Aspyr for email notifications but I never get anything. I'm probably on their blacklist :(

#48 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:45 AM

View PostAlanH, on April 20th 2009, 08:40 AM, said:

Have you received a release note for BtS one yet? I'm registered with Aspyr for email notifications but I never get anything. I'm probably on their blacklist :(

Nope, not yet.  And, I've not seen anything in the news feeds; Macworld et al.

#49 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

View Postdojoboy, on April 20th 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

Nope, not yet.  And, I've not seen anything in the news feeds; Macworld et al.
So their web site got there early this time!

#50 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

View PostAlanH, on April 20th 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

So their web site got there early this time!

That is one way to describe it.  Interdepartmental miss-communication would be another.

#51 Beamup

Beamup

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

View PostAlanH, on April 20th 2009, 06:35 AM, said:

It does, however, show up on the "Title Menu" dropdown and on the Title List.
Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

#52 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

View PostBeamup, on April 21st 2009, 02:49 AM, said:

It does, however, show up on the "Title Menu" dropdown and on the Title List.
I wonder how many tenses there are for the verb, "to release a game". :rolleyes:

#53 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

... and there it was ... Gone!

The Civ4 Beyond the Sword graphic no longer seems to appear in the sequence if you refresh the Aspyr Home Page.

My Safari browser history contains distant memories of a release page for BtS. Hit one of those links and I now get "Requested product does not exist.". It is an ex product. it has ceased to exist. It has shuffled off the mortal coil .... etc.

Wonder what's happened to that, then!

#54 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

View PostAlanH, on May 13th 2009, 12:55 PM, said:

... and there it was ... Gone!

The Civ4 Beyond the Sword graphic no longer seems to appear in the sequence if you refresh the Aspyr Home Page.

My Safari browser history contains distant memories of a release page for BtS. Hit one of those links and I now get "Requested product does not exist.". It is an ex product. it has ceased to exist. It has shuffled off the mortal coil .... etc.

Wonder what's happened to that, then!

Am I going to have to follow you all over cyberspace?  I can copy/paste to you know.  ;)

My guess is the game is still coming, but the departments have finally communicated. I emailed Kari Scott (Aspyr) and asked about the appearance of BtS online, yet the absence of an official announcement. Not that that precipitated anything, because it was about a week ago. I feel they simply are disorganized. I doubt Aspyr Media directly manages their website, since most businesses outsource such things. However, they should possess the skills to do so.

#55 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

Interesting. I checked just a few hours ago and back then, the BtS product page was still there (and definitely not just a cache remnant).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#56 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

View PostJanichsan, on April 15th 2009, 01:17 PM, said:

You got answers.
The answer I got was: Requested product does not exist.

#57 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

View Postdojoboy, on May 13th 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

Am I going to have to follow you all over cyberspace?  I can copy/paste to you know.  ;)
Just the two places I frequent.

"There" is where I go to keep people informed.

"Here" is where I come in the hope of getting answers that I can give "there". ;)

#58 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

View Postdojoboy, on May 13th 2009, 10:16 AM, said:

I doubt Aspyr Media directly manages their website, since most businesses outsource such things
It's certainly worked very well for them, with this and everything else.

On another note, they're publishing Cryostasis for PC. I'm not sure that's a big loss, unlike many of the other PC-only games they've published, but I am worried it's a bit of a low-rent knockoff of Cysis/Far Cry/Lost Planet judging by the name alone. Aiming high, I see. Also, I present Puzzle Quest: Galactrix. Ignoring for a moment that it's supposed to be about a female Galactor, whatever the hell that is, she has very visible pecs and probably meets her insurer's minimum standards for a medically-necessary bust augmentation. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I bet the artist is just unsure about this whole English loan-word thing.

#59 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

Brad Oliver just wrote this in the Glenda thread:

Also, I apologize for the way the Beyond the Sword expansion is being teased as teasing isn't the intention. I believe we were hoping to do a splash when the game was effectively on trucks and on the way to stores, which is a difficult path to take with so many companies involved. It's nearing the end of development now. I'll ask about the press release situation with it, but I think the intention is to put one out once it's GM. In lieu of an official PR for it though, we could give it a codename too: "Poorly-Kept Secret". :-)

Gamers, rejoice! :D
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#60 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

I think maybe it was easier on me to think that Civ4: BtS was never going to come out. Now that it seems like it is inevitable, I keep checking IMG for a release date! I want it now! The wait is killing me!
Aaaaaaaargh!