I'd say the best game I've bought so far is I love Katamari, it feels the most like a full fledged game even if is Katamari light. The latest update has the speed issues finally quelled . At the price of iPhone games, I've already purchased in the month of having an iPhone 8 games, several of which were under $4.
I Love Katamari - Its the full fledged feeling game. It controls nicely, plays well and is a blast. It just could be longer but at the same time, it also costs about $14 less than any other version has new.
- A wannabe Brain Academy or whatever the DS game is. Its more arcadish but plenty of fun puzzle and logic games. I've played it probably the most frequently
- Its only a $1 at the moment, if you have any interest in Tower Defense games, its totally worth a buy at the price. It has a few nice twists and pretty graphics.
Hero of Sparta
- A wannabe God of War but shows the iPhone is capable of gaming more normal styled games. This is the game to make people jealous with.
My recommendations for non-gaming
- Unlike the other VNC clients, it works better, doesn't have a resolution limit, works with multiple monitors. I use it rather frequently. Worth every penny of the $25. I connect to my home Mac Pro and my office Mac Pro and office iMac. Works great for network trouble shooting.
- Finger Painting! Multiple Undos! I love it
- An MPC like sampler that lets you make beats on the go. I've actually used it to make percussion lines and exported them to use in Cubase and Logic, or cut up into a .REX. If they add polyphony zones and a second bank, I could make entire beats on it .
- The best $5 I've spent in ages. I can access my 120 GB Music library anywhere with my iPhone that I have service.
- Simply a AP News wire app, its free and isn't slow like the NYTimes app that I so dearly wished functioned like the Mobile News app.
The only game I really haven't liked is Slotz Racer. I bought it out of respect for Strange Flavour but its just not very fun. Just press the button to go and let off to stop. It doesn't get very exciting even with the big update.
What I really hope is that the iPhone starts developing more expensive larger titles, while the games I bought are fun, they're not "big games". I'd gladly pay $15 or $20 for a full fledged game like an iPhone Fallout, or preferably a new game. I know Bestheda is making an iPhone game and we've seen Bioshock was announced. I'm also looking forward to Zen Bound. I keep hoping I'll see a new Adventure game developed as the iPhone would be perfect for an adventure game. As whole the iPhone as a platform is outstanding. The Apps are well beyond my expectations. Last.fm, Pandora and iheartradio all are reasons never to buy Satellite radio as they're FREE. Then Simplify Media means never being without any of your music library again. There's creative apps that let you express yourself, mobilely, and there's even utility Apps like VNC, Speedtest and SSH. Honestly the iPhone is the coolest tech thing I've bought..... ever? I'm not sure but its certainly up there. I'm still getting over the fact I finally have one after pining for ages.
I haven't played much games for months but I'm taken by the iPhone. I think I'll be playing more with the recent "relationship status" change. Being single means catching up on some gaming.
the IMG audio guy...