Could IMG do another one on one with Glenda?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xcman22

xcman22

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

I noticed that IMG hasn't done a one on one interview with Glenda Adams in over a year, and I was hoping that perhaps an interview could be setup soon. I know people are busy, the economy is crashing, and that things are so bad we can't even build our own Death Star. That being said, I'd love to hear what Glenda's thoughts are on the current Mac gaming market, why Sims 3 isn't being done by Aspyr, and Aspyr's future commitment to Mac games, among other topics. Aspyr has been one of the pillars of Mac gaming for the past decade, and I would really like to hear what Glenda might have to say.

#2 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

I would love to hear what she has to say as well. Aspyr has been awfully quiet recently but I thought we'd at least see Sims 3 from them. So much for that.

I'm not writing them off yet but this is starting to get worrysome.  :unsure:

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#3 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

View Postxcman22, on February 6th 2009, 08:59 AM, said:

...why Sims 3 isn't being done by Aspyr...

Seeing how EA seems to have handed all its Mac-related duties over to Transgaming, I think this is self-explanatory. Aspyr, does seem rather comatose these days, though.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#4 xcman22

xcman22

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

View PostPegasus, on February 6th 2009, 10:12 AM, said:

Seeing how EA seems to have handed all its Mac-related duties over to Transgaming, I think this is self-explanatory. Aspyr, does seem rather comatose these days, though.

Fair enough - I hadn't been paying too much attention to Transgaming, but I did notice Macworld's article on Sims 3, in which they said it was notable that Aspyr wasn't doing the port. I think Aspyr had done every other Sims port...until now.

#5 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

View Postxcman22, on February 6th 2009, 11:18 AM, said:

I think Aspyr had done every other Sims port...until now.
and probably made quite a bit of money doing so too. Ditto on wanting to hear from Glenda again.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#6 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

View PostPegasus, on February 6th 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

Only in relation to Mac games.  They've just signed a deal for 5 PC games in North America, with a European group.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

I've got to move this over to the IMG Website Network Feedback forum, so hang onto your Aspyrations, we are moving there now!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

View Postxcman22, on February 6th 2009, 06:18 PM, said:

I think Aspyr had done every other Sims port...until now.
Actually, Aspyr stopped making The Sims quite a while ago. It's easy to miss that in the endless flood of Sims expansions, but the last two or three expansions weren't ported.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

View PostJanichsan, on February 6th 2009, 02:42 PM, said:

Actually, Aspyr stopped making The Sims quite a while ago. It's easy to miss that in the endless flood of Sims expansions, but the last two or three expansions weren't ported.

Interesting - I hadn't noticed that because my daughter outgrew the game.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#10 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Sims 2 has received it's final expansion and stuff packs so if it's like the original The Sims, EA will probably be announcing a Complete Collection edition soon or later. Perhaps, Aspyr is just waiting to port the whole Collection over as a full final product? Might not be as convenient for people who previously bought the expansions, but they would be getting a lot of the stuff packs that were never previously ported and the 2 missing expansions.

An interview with Glenda should probably also ask about their iPhone strategy. Here's opening that they've been waiting to make some big game announcements for Mac and iPhone.